Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I'll do some kind of big "welcome to Planetside 2" event upon release. Partly because the game's new player experience is really shit. There's pretty much nothing to explain to players what to do, how base captures work, resource mechanics etc.
    Yeah, the game could need a tutorial of sorts and especially a free-roam/range area where you can test weapons and get used to vehicles, like a VR room.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Mallory) : SceptrumTR (Lithcorp)

Ahoy hoy, can I join in tomorrow? I'm very new at the moment and solo playing is really scary
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    Ahoy hoy, can I join in tomorrow? I'm very new at the moment and solo playing is really scary
    As above really. Never played the original or anything close to an MMO but this sounded fun.

I think you can. Get on mumble, join the Vanu channel, ask for an outfit invite, then for a squad invite. Then just play and if you have questions just ask.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I think you can. Get on mumble, join the Vanu channel, ask for an outfit invite, then for a squad invite. Then just play and if you have questions just ask.
    This.

Outfit invites can only be sent when the player recieving them is online. So your best bet is to hop onto mumble (see the other PS2 post) and ask in the "barney" channel.

If no one's in there, then tomorrow night will be Purple Wednesday as per usual. Hop on a little before 8pm to sort out invites etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Awesome, I'll be online from about 1930 then.
    - Wizardry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Have we any specific plans for tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Have we any specific plans for tonight?
    Shoot some lasers, whilst our neon armour trims glow slightly.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Best comment yesterday: "So do you think they gonna fix all those bugs until release?"
    Everybody in Mumble at once: "nooooooooo"
    :D

It's comforting to know that even before release we are not impressed :P

I was a big fan of the sunderer destroying a friendl tank with its wheels
    - Wizardry

Cooper and his certified wheels of doom that was. =)
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Mallory) : SceptrumTR (Lithcorp)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The first drop onto a base after I joined was directly a big fail. Again I managed to not hit a flat surface.
    I hate it when you drop down, try to navigate towards a flat surface but already realize while dropping that you will not make it safely to the ground.
    I really don't know why they cannot manage to implement a system that negates all incoming falling damage when dropping. But well, physics are very often way off, as the poor lightning had to experience ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Cooper and his certified wheels of doom that was. =)
    Trying to negate the "wheels covered in vaseline" physics the Sundy has, I've spent cert points in hill climbing. I didn't realise it turns the wheels into death-dealing rubber horrors...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    The first drop onto a base after I joined was directly a big fail. Again I managed to not hit a flat surface.
    I hate it when you drop down, try to navigate towards a flat surface but already realize while dropping that you will not make it safely to the ground.
    Yeah. Gal; drops should be all kinds of fun. Not the "death roulette of topography" they are now.

You can fudge a forced hot drop by locking the Galaxy entirely, thus kicking out everyone including squadmates. I tried that over Indar last week.

Everyone died...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I really don't know why they cannot manage to implement a system that negates all incoming falling damage when dropping. But well, physics are very often way off, as the poor lightning had to experience ;)
    Indeed. No Planetside-variant of parachute makes Galaxy drops hazardous. Wouldn't be a far stretch to say, every soldier that is dropped from a Galaxy gets a "standard-issue gravity dampener gizmo" or something that reduces freefall speed when nearing the ground (with a doable explanation of how it works in the PS setting)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Indeed. No Planetside-variant of parachute makes Galaxy drops hazardous. Wouldn't be a far stretch to say, every soldier that is dropped from a Galaxy gets a "standard-issue gravity dampener gizmo" or something that reduces freefall speed when nearing the ground (with a doable explanation of how it works in the PS setting)
    It's exactly the same with the "ejection seat" cert for the fighters.

Any fall damage that would have been taken the first time you hit the ground/a building is negated.

Any fall damage subsequent to this is as per normal.

The problem is that it's not uncommon to land at a location where you do not have direct control because it's too steep or it's the edge of a building. Which means the fall damage you get form sliding down the side of a mounatin will count.

It's a known issue. There are many threads about this on the forum. It's unlikely to be fixed for launch.

Which means "Hot Dropping"; a major feature of Planetside, doesn't work properly. 12 days before launch.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

That was awesome. To be fair, that Lightning was parked in the middle of the road... :P

Network Hub
    I've been away from PS2 for a bit (mostly real life stuff and RockSmith :D \m/ ) but I'm definitely come back after launch.
    We should keep an eye on the list of post launch servers so we can agree where to create characters at launch. I also wanted to ask if someone found some info of the exact time of launch. I assume it's midnight, but in which time zone ? I wanna get in reasonably quick to secure my nickname since it's not exactly uncommon.
    Last edited by Pirate; 13-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Is this still an ongoing thing?