Is this still an ongoing thing?
    Yep. Tonight from 8pm GMT as per usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I think i will come along tonight. My son ripped the mic of my headset though so mumble may be a bit of an issue :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    I think i will come along tonight. My son ripped the mic of my headset though so mumble may be a bit of an issue :)
    It's not uncommon for people to listen in on Mumble and use the in-game /sq text chat in abscence of a mic. I've done it myself before now when my mic's bust. Voice chat isn't necessary, but playing without being on Mumble will probably be a disjointed experience...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Head's up. I updated in the last couple of days, but I've just checked to see if there's another and I have a 3gb update.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yes, there was another patch today. So I suggest people do that before 8pm ;)
    I will be there too, but likely be a bit late to the party. Maybe even with mic today, if I can get the one I borrowed to run.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Head's up. I updated in the last couple of days, but I've just checked to see if there's another and I have a 3gb update.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just posted an annoucement to the Steam group... Nothing worse than launching PS2 for a round and having to wait a hour or two...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Looking for an invite to the outfit if possible ( strange first post, but I have been reading and enjoying RPS since 2010.) Was also wondering if a webcam mic works at all in PS2/ Mumble (less than optimal to be using a webcam mic but i'm on a student budget.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It should work fine. Most webcams allow you to use the mic without the camera. Just make sure you use push to talk so we don't hear you screaming at your cat to get off your keyboard!

Quote Originally Posted by bowenp View Post
    Looking for an invite to the outfit if possible ( strange first post, but I have been reading and enjoying RPS since 2010.) Was also wondering if a webcam mic works at all in PS2/ Mumble (less than optimal to be using a webcam mic but i'm on a student budget.)
    If it registers on Windows as a recording device (it's VERY likely), it will work. Whether it will give good audio quality, I don't know.

Activated Node
    I'll hopefully be around tonight although the patch is downloading so slowly I might not be ready for the start time.

Quote Originally Posted by bowenp View Post
    Outfit invites only work if the player is online... If you're on Mumble with anyone in the outift (like tonight's get otgether) invites can be sent.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Gotchya. I'm kinda new to this whole talking to people while playing thing...lol somehow planetside 2 seems to REALLY work with team play though. I was with a squad last night that launched an air assualt Apocalypse Now style (minus ride of the valkryies unfortently)

It looks like I wont be on tonight after all, the new patch seems to have broken my client.

The server is also currently down.
    Last edited by palindrome; 14-11-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Hello everybody!

I've been an RPS regular reader for quite a while now, and I was hoping to get involved in the community happenings for the first time today (I'd picked up a PS2 beta key first thing this morning). Unfortunately for many reasons I'm not going to be able to get this downloaded today. Big shame really as I've been idly daydreaming all day at work about giving this a good blast in a big team...

There's always next week I suppose! Plenty of practice to be had before then!

Oh what the hell. They can't put out map changes every other day for 3 gigs of patches. Needless to say it'll take me at least a couple hours to download that, so I won't be around.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    Oh what the hell. They can't put out map changes every other day for 3 gigs of patches. Needless to say it'll take me at least a couple hours to download that, so I won't be around.
    Don't worry, the servers keep crashing tonight anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Don't worry, the servers keep crashing tonight anyway :P
    Yeah. That was by far the dampest Purple Wednesday so far. And just after a huge swathe of new beta players and launch in a week.

Those who joined for the first time tonight: I promise it's normally much better!
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Activated Node
    Any chance of a Purple Thursday?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by izal View Post
    Any chance of a Purple Thursday?
    Occasionally people will play other days of the week. Your best bet is to go onto the Mumble server and have a look if anyone is in the chat room. You could also (before they broke it two weeks before launch!) go onto PS2 and see who was kicking about in the outfit.

In regards to last night, despite all the issues and server closing I had a great time rocking about as two squads, getting some practice in acting like a squad and defending positions and following orders. Gives me high hopes for launch, for us anyway. I expect SOE to muck up the launch a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Well, at least I had a little nostalgic moment (already!) when everyone spawned at the same place. Ah, thought they fixed that but still, great fun for a few seconds.

Also tried the "new player experience" on the US server when EU was dow... yeah. Not so great. Hotdropping on a Vanu base without a droppod...
    Last edited by bonkers; 15-11-2012 at 01:54 PM.