Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looks like things about to get even more interesting on the spvp front:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...d-pvp-iceberg/

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Looks really good, hopefully the paid tournies will break up the current stomping the well organised teams are managing in the free tournies.

On the free tournies note, I've been a little busy playing darksiders 2 (which I picked up forgetting that I'm getting xcom this week).

But I'm willing to put some time aside of a few evenings to get some more tourney games in if we can get a little team together. The only evening I can't really do is wednesdays.

So who's up for some this evening or the weekend for instance?

Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    Very nice. So if you are decently good and make it past the first game you get tickets. That's good, makes it so that you won't have to pay too much for tournament tickets. Competition will be fierce in those paid tournaments, as the rewards are pretty good.

@apricotsoup
    If I'm online, I'm always up for some sPvP. I don't know what's up with algolicious, haven't seen him around lately. We had a pretty good stable setup the other weekend when we played till late.

If we want to do something in free tourneys we need a stable team and tactics. With a bit of practice we should be able to get to round 3 reliably.

Obscure Node
    I'm sorry I kinda disappeared without saying anything... some university stuff came up and I haven't been able to play lately. I'll be done with that soon though. And by "soon", I mean tomorrow. Freedom!

So, well. Tourneys. RPS is a social/casual guild first and foremost, and so my goal was to provide a (relatively) non-threatening introduction to sPvP for people who haven't tried entering a tourney before. So far, the response has been better than I expected, and it seems like there's some demand for getting a "stable" group together and practicing in a more organized fashion. I'm up for both, you guys just have to let me know what you prefer. It also depends on when people are available. Once per week? Twice per week? Daily? On weekends? Not everyone is using the forums regularly, so I'd say we talk about organizational matters next time we're all on Mumble. I'll try to be online every evening from now on, so just give me a shout in game.

Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    Custom servers sound great. Paid tourneys... eh. They seem like a cheap solution for separating organized and not quite as organized teams. Couldn't they just introduce something like an elo rating instead?

By the way, there's also this. Seems like my favorite Ele spec is going to get nerfed. Sadface. (To be honest though, it kinda makes sense. 7k heal every 10 seconds are too good to be true)

Good to see you're still around. RL is RL and there's nothing you can do about it.

Regarding our guild and spvp, I'm for a bit of both worlds. I would like to have a stable team in order to progress in tourneys, but also organize guild events when if there's more than 5 ppl we can do some pub matches and just have fun together.

I'd say 2 days per week of practice for the tourneys would be good to start.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Regarding our guild and spvp, I'm for a bit of both worlds. I would like to have a stable team in order to progress in tourneys, but also organize guild events when if there's more than 5 ppl we can do some pub matches and just have fun together.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. It'll be even better once custom servers get added to the game. For simply fooling around with guildmates, without having random people fill up the server.
    Last edited by algolicious; 09-10-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Love how they're nerfing the only viable spvp Ele spec. At least pistol whip thiefs and shortbow rangers got hit with the nerfstick aswell.

Regarding the RPS group, I don't know really. A weekly or bi-weekly event might help to get more of us on at the same time. But I'll probably be ingame most nights anyway.
    Last edited by duff; 09-10-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Obscure Node
    Anyone up for some sPvP funtimes tomorrow? I'll be around for most of the day.

Obscure Node
    This thread has been gathering dust for a while... time for a gentle bump.

According to some reports, free tournament chests have a chance to contain Halloween items. Which might be a good chance to get our PvP group going again. It's been a while. I'll be online for most of the day, so if you want to join in, give me a shout ingame (or on Steam, if I'm not logged on in GW2 for some reason).

I definitely want in on this again, but net issues are preventing me atm.

A little more bitching at the isp should hopefully fix things but I can't say how soon that will be.

I'd be interested in joining as well, but unfortunately won't have a lot of time this week and no time during the weekend to play. Just a little note that I might join you for future sPvP sessions.

Sure, I'm up for some peeveepee

Last night was fun, anyone up for some more tonight?

Resist innuendo.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Last night was fun, anyone up for some more tonight?

Resist innuendo.
    Yeah it was good. Only problem I see is that tournies are kind of crap with pugs and I don't really want to go again without a full team. You me and algolicious seem like a pretty solid 3/5, but we need to find another 2 or 3 that want to play at least 2 times per week if not more.

And pubs are fun, especially for testing a new class/spec, but good lord some people there are too easy to kill

I will try to join in as a 4th as soon as my net works again :/

Seems silly it's taken this long.

I'd be up for giving it a go. Need some advice getting going but theres only one way to learn..

Really wish there was more going for PvP in Guild Wars 2 at the moment!

A tiny Asuran Necromancer walks around the corner and starts waggling her thread-resurrection staff. "Rise, my undead minion!".

Just a small heads-up for people interested in getting into sPvP/tPvP a bit more, apparently lately there has been an increase in mist-battle-related activity in the guild. Keep your eyes peeled for grouping requests in guild chat or feel free to start a party by yourself, chances are that you'll quickly get a party of 3-4 additional guild members to join you.

Even if you're new to this game mode, don't be shy to give it a go, it is not as hard as you might think it is. A quick round of 2-team tourneys (seriously, why is that even called a tournament?), which basically is one round with two teams duking it out, takes ~10 minutes and is great fun, even if you happen to lose.

I second that. I jumped into the "finish the PVP monthly to get another bunch of laurels bug" bandwagon and got my feet wet in tPVP for the first time since launch. It was surprisingly fun. I even managed to help win a good percentage of the tournaments despite playing like a blind beheaded chicken who barely knew what to do most of the time.
    Last edited by Maknol; 07-04-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Hehe, I am still working on my PvP Monthly, those match wins just keep trickling in slowly one by one. I've mentioned it on Mumble a few times, I have been looking for some video footage that might help us sPvP newbies to get a better grasp of things. One of the more helpful youtube channels I stumbled across is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuildWar...?feature=watch

I haven't watched all the videos in the channel yet, but I've found them to be well done and in contrast to some other sources out there on the web, the comments are actually very instructive.

A good (if quick) overview of the different roles on a team can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OCyY3_mZC0 I know that we've struggled a bit with keeping control over our points, so maybe stuff like this could help to improve our game.

Looking forward to the next round of matches, my Monthly is only a handful of wins away!