Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Massive fun last night. I think we had some pretty good matches even after we were down to 3, with the "roaming guardian" and the other mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by algolicious View Post
    WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT I DON'T EVEN

(That was one of the teams we played against later tonight. The characters all looked the same, of course. All asuras. That's probably the stuff Tim Burton dreams about when he has a fever. Needless to say, we lost that game.)
    Worst part about it is that we lost because of the damned ranger soloing what shouldn't be soloable. The mesmers added chaos, but we were ahead in score. The answer to that sea of clones was simple... aoe. I have one phantasm that whirls around and it absolutely mowed down their illusions every time.

Obscure Node
    I'd love to join in with this if you need more people. Account name is Kyrne.4937. Will mostly be using an elementalist for pvp i think.

Obscure Node
    woo oversized group picture woo

Went really amazing tonight. After an unlucky streak in the beginning (lost the first match like 4 times with a very small point difference), we started getting our stuff together and actually won a few games. Highlight of the night: barely (500-420ish) losing in the finals. Next time!

Sadly, we couldn't get everyone who was interested on board this time. With slots for 5 players, tournament groups are a bit limited in this regard. Next time this happens, we'll have 2 options:

1. Open a second tournament group. Upside: Tornaments for everyone! Downside: If we don't get 10 people together, we'll have to deal with pugs.
    2. Join an empty public server for some in-house PvP practice. Upside: Might be fun. Downside: Anyone can join and turn the server into a zergfest. No tournament rewards. No experience fighting against organized teams.

Another thing. So far, we've been doing tournaments every evening. So if you want to join in, lurk around in the evening and look out for when we start shouting about PvP in guild chat. I'm not really a fan of this method, since people tend to be left out easily this way. There are some other ways we can organize this (also, I love lists):

1. Hijack the RPS guild Steam group and put up our events there. Steam events are easy to set up. The reminders are a bit intrusive though. Might annoy the hell out of everyone who isn't interested in PvP. And not everyone is logged into Steam all the time.
    2. Create our own Steam group and put up events there. That'd be my favorite way of organizing things.
    3. Google calendar, I guess? Do people actually use that?
    4. Just agree on a date and time (like "every Wednesday" or "daily, after 9 pm BST") and put it in the first post so everyone can see it. Do people actually read first posts of long forum threads?
    5. Just go on like we did, intuitively

Opinions?
    Last edited by algolicious; 29-09-2012 at 02:51 AM.

One more... one more.... oh fuck it's 3 am. Sigh.

I think the RPS guild steam group is not used for anything so we might as well (granted those in charge agree) use it. The advantage to this is visibility - maybe there are some people interested that won't make it into the other group if we choose option 2.

Google calendar's great, but you'd have to keep an up-to-date list of people (or make calendar public?). Better use steam IMO.

Activated Node
    Would love to get in on this. I play thief and have pretty decent tourny experience. Char name is Aphelion Yewspire, I'm in the US though, so our hours might be a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by footlingsummers View Post
    Would love to get in on this. I play thief and have pretty decent tourny experience. Char name is Aphelion Yewspire, I'm in the US though, so our hours might be a bit off.
    Nice name! We play pretty late, the last few nights we have been playing until 2-3am, but that's probably only fri-sat. Otherwise we play around 7pm-1am BST.

Anyone fancy some pvp (either tournament or normal) tonight? Should be around from about 8pm BST / 9PM CET.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Tonight I'm playing board games, can do other nights this week though.

Only been jumping in with pugs recently and somehow consistently making it to the final and losing there, which isn't so bad :3

Obscure Node
    Tried this a week ago or so with some of you fellas, thanks - was a lot of fun.

I'm definitely up for more of this.

-Winston Winchester

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yes, I'd be up for some at approx 8:30-9pm BST.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Anyone fancy some pvp (either tournament or normal) tonight? Should be around from about 8pm BST / 9PM CET.
    I'll be there as well.

I'm up for joining the PVP fun. I'm up to Rank 6 currently, haven't been playing a ton, but have been loving what I've experienced of PVP so far.

Account name is BeardOfBees.2756, character is a mesmer.

Will anyone be about tonight, perhaps? Thursdays are almost always my best night for gaming.

I haven't seen anyone on from those posting last night, so I suppose it fizzed out. I guess the more reliable times to play are during the weekend.

I'd be up for it tonight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    I haven't seen anyone on from those posting last night, so I suppose it fizzed out. I guess the more reliable times to play are during the weekend.
    I was sat around in the mumble channel for spvp from about 8.30 and posted in guild chat but was also semi watching the football. Next time we should probably agree to meet somewhere, maybe mumble or the mists?

Well, I'll get on mumble at say 8.30 BST tonight and see if anyone's about.

Quote Originally Posted by Beard Of Bees View Post
    Well, I'll get on mumble at say 8.30 BST tonight and see if anyone's about.
    Pretty sure I'll be on then.

A social call came up, so chances are I won't be there after all. Win some gold chests without me, alright?

Thanks to everyone that joined us tonight, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next time!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Ditto, I had fun; thanks all!