Lesser Hivemind Node

Question Iron Front Liberation 1944

http://ironfront.deepsilver.com/en/

I m very tempted but want to wait and see if it would be more polished than I44 or not. Also I m not clear if this is infantry only or not and if it can be as ridiculous or as serious as you want it to be (ie the freedom of ArmA2 games). Then again ArmA3 is coming soon(ish) and my time available for gaming has diminished seriously...
    Anyway the most important reason to buy would be for MP!
    So is anyone thinking about getting it? Could it replace our I44 sessions?

It is pretty much ArmA2 with Eastern Front forces, from what I've seen and heard... Infantry, vehicles, tanks, planes etc. It'll have all of the freedom as ArmA2 does, I believe.

Definitely thinking about getting it myself, so long as there are no absolute disasters with it. It might not replace I44, and rather work in parallel to it. I44 is Western Front, this is Eastern Front. It does seem to be avoiding the one major problem with I44 (small maps), as from what I've seen the maps are up to ArmA2/OA size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Definitely thinking about getting it myself, so long as there are no absolute disasters with it.
    Yeah my feelings exactly. Will keep an eye on it and see how it goes. If it turns out good, let's hope we can recruit a few more people!

Obscure Node
    Seeing as I can not create new threads I thought I would resurrect an old one, I apologise.

A couple of weeks ago I sent a message to Jim asking him to look into the ludicrous situation surround this game. He has not replied to my message so I assume he has missed it or is not really interested in the story, I will post it here though in the hope of warning people not to invest in this game while this situation goes on.

This game launched with many bugs and after a delayed first patch we were all eager to receive the second. About a month ago though a post was put up on the official games forum by Panzer_Baron saying
    See, guys, the situation is like this:

The patch itself is ready ages ago, but we can't release it, because there is a kind of issues about royalties between BIS and Deep Silver. And unfortunately, we can't do anything for it.
    Since then no new information has come to light about the patch or if a solution has been found between the parties, as they say it's all quite on the western front. Today on the BIS forums in this thread, joined by a developer of BIS and a mod on the official forum, it was basically passed around in the blame game with one group saying it is the other.

I really hope that RPS picks up on this story as they are bound to get better info from them rather than a few guys who use the forums. And like I said at the beginning, please don't buy this game even in a steam sale it is DOA.