Getting a new gaming PC.

First of all I'm sorry for yet another thread like this one, I'm sure it's pretty much overdone.
    But I'm desperate and pretty much out of touch with new hardware!
    This is my current PC:
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

I got this a couple of years ago and it's really not bad, it can handle most new games pretty well on medium settings, but I recently got an offer to upgrade my PC and was looking for something killer.
    I'm plannig on getting a PC from here: http://www.armytech.com.ar/index.php/pc-armadas.html
    Being from Argentina, I'm very limited from the places I can buy hardware from.

So, what are the must have for a decent gaming PC that will last a couple of years?
    Do you mind looking at that site and giving me some advice on the rigs there? You can pretty much add or take away parts and build your own. (it's in spanish I know, but it's pretty clear since it's mostly specs!)

Thanks in advance!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    what's your budget? Also, how comfortable are you with hardware/software configuration?
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    /r/buildapc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Your graphics card is quite weak, but the CPU is still pretty good. You might want to just upgrade your graphics card instead of your whole rig. A new graphics card might necessitate a new power supply too, but it's still a lot more manageable than getting a whole new system.

Thanks for the replies! I'm not sure about my budget, maybe around $1000. And I'm not very comfortable with messing around with hardware, but I'm not complety computer iliterate either.

I know that just upgrading the graphics cards is a good a idea, but I'm giving this whole PC to my brother and he can make good use of it.

You can't go wrong if you follow this datasheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Uplak5zZFUyYnc
    Steam profile

Lesser Hivemind Node
    As Sakkura said, your cpu is still servicable enough.
    Spend 300 euros on a gtx660 ti and you will be blown away at how (exponentially) much faster your pc is for gaming. The graphics card you have right now is very very weak, you could have the most expensive cpu out there and the pc would still be rubbish for games with that graphics card.

Before going for a whole new build just put in a nice new gpu and you' ll see that you'll be getting 60 fps in every game you throw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I'm not sure about my budget, maybe around $1000. And I'm not very comfortable with messing around with hardware, but I'm not complety computer iliterate either.

I know that just upgrading the graphics cards is a good a idea, but I'm giving this whole PC to my brother and he can make good use of it.
    Well, the problem with the systems sold by the site you link to is that they're unbalanced. They spend too much on the CPU and not enough on the graphics card and power supply, and they seem very confused with motherboard choices. Like combining a Core i5-3570k with a B75 motherboard (which is bad because the 3570k costs extra because it can overclock, while the B75 does not allow CPU overclocking). They also don't seem to use dual-channel memory configurations. You'd be FAR better off building something yourself, or at least buying the parts and having it assembled by someone.

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    You can't go wrong if you follow this datasheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Uplak5zZFUyYnc
    Oh, that's beautiful.

I've been considering building a new PC, and Mashakos, that link is amazing.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Splynter View Post
    Indeed, I'm in a similar situation and that's just awesome.

I'm not so thrilled about the Biostar motherboard recommendations. But otherwise it looks pretty good, and it's definitely a handy reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    Oh, that's beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splynter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Indeed, I'm in a similar situation and that's just awesome.
    if it's within your budgets, get an Asus ROG motherboard. Coupled with an overclockable core i5/i7, it's like the gift that keeps on giving! Even if you aren't an overclocker, there are a ton of failsafes in these motherboards so it's great for peace of mind.
    Steam profile