Getting a new GPU!

Hello! I'd like some advice on new GPUs. Basically I'd like to prepare for Rome II and also Planetside 2.

What I have right now is the following:
    System Model: MS-7522
    Inte Core i7 920 Quad Processor
    Corsair Powersupply 750W
    Corsair Dominater DHX+ DDR3 6gb ram

GPU: Asus Geforce 560ti 1gb

What I've been looking at is the ZOTAC Geforce GTX 670 2gb. And basically I'm just wondering if it's worth my money? Or should I go 660 instead or perhaps pay the extra money to go for a 680?

Note: Not too fond of tinkering around!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    gtx670 is the sweet spot right now in terms of high end performance vs. value for money.

If you feel it's price is a bit over your budget, ignore the 660ti and go for a gtx580. The 580 matches up pretty well to a gtx670 and is cheaper than a 660ti.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Cool! I think I'll go for the 670 then!

Cheers!
    BobHound - EVE Online

An additional question that I've started thinking about!

I have the Corsair Powersupply 750W (ATX 12V V2.2, 80 Plus, Standard. 4x 6+2-pin PCIe, 8x SATA,)

It is roughly three years old at this point. Should I be thinking of exchanging it in the near future or can I expect it to survive another two years?
    BobHound - EVE Online

I'd suggest waiting a bit as they have just released the 660ti and like the last gen cards. the 560ti was the last to arrive followed by 3-4 months until 6XX series arrived. So If I were you I'd suggest waiting a bit to see what the 7XX series brings. Generally their cards will arrive within mid Q1 to early Q2 of 2013.
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanban View Post
    An additional question that I've started thinking about!

I have the Corsair Powersupply 750W (ATX 12V V2.2, 80 Plus, Standard. 4x 6+2-pin PCIe, 8x SATA,)

It is roughly three years old at this point. Should I be thinking of exchanging it in the near future or can I expect it to survive another two years?
    You can easily keep using it for another couple of years. Just think of it as a 650W PSU and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by slick_101 View Post
    I'd suggest waiting a bit as they have just released the 660ti and like the last gen cards. the 560ti was the last to arrive followed by 3-4 months until 6XX series arrived. So If I were you I'd suggest waiting a bit to see what the 7XX series brings. Generally their cards will arrive within mid Q1 to early Q2 of 2013.
    I wouldn't expect to find more than one or two GTX 700 series graphics cards around before summer. The GTX 680 was released in March, but then it took a while before the GTX 670 arrived. And the GTX 660, GTX 650, and to a lesser extent the GTX 660 Ti are still fairly recent news.

AMD will probably release their Radeon HD 8000 series earlier - should begin arriving sometime this winter, with the range fleshed out by spring.

Still, playing the waiting game in a market that changes this quickly seems futile. There's always going to be something newer and better just around the corner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slick_101 View Post
    I actually agree with you here, but the OP specifically mentioned that he wanted the upgrade for Rome II and Planetside II. So he might not be interested in waiting 6 months for next-gen graphics.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Thanks for all the help!
    BobHound - EVE Online