Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Half Minute Hero to PC in week/Japan PCs games on Steam

This was new when it first came out on PSP, almost making me get one then. One I got one at the start of the year I completely forgot about the game.

I saw mention of the PC port from Steam, Japan, and missed opportunities describing a few of the barriers on why small Japanese developers avoid their games on PC for a global audience.

With the recent news Valve meeting with Inafune hopefully we will see more support from Valve and more japanese games coming to PC and Steam.

Valve Contacted Japanese Developers to Bring Their Games to Steam

Marvelous AQL has a long list of titles they could bring to Steam like Luminous Arc 3,No More Heroes, and Grand Knights History. I asked Salazar what’s next for Marvelous AQL and Steam? Will we see original games made for PC? Ports of games that didn’t get localized?"At this point, we are considering our best options. The PC is a killer platform, Steam is a dynamite service, and as long as I’m here I’ll be championing both for our games, old or new. The best things you can do to see more games from us on Steam is pick up this game and let us know you are interested in others. I can’t give you any specific hints, but if the game sells reasonably well, I personally would like to see us doing something *grand* on the PC. I think others would too, but first I have to show my bosses it’s a lucrative platform."
    Luminous Arc 1 and 2 are great turn based handheld games and I could see become popular on the PC (which seems to have a good audience for TBS).

Maybe Japanese Developers need to start putting some titles up on Steam Greenlight to see what interest is out there?

Edit: Steam Link
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/214830
    Last edited by Moraven; 20-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.

The Steam version doesn't appear to be coming out for a week. Meanwhile, it's available (presumably...Neo Aquarium is) DRM-free from Playism right now.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's the Steam version, and for some reason it's "released" but I'm guessing it's a Steam code to redeem for it when it comes out on the 27th.

On another note, it looks fun as hell, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Everyone should be buying this, it's been stated (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/07...ames-to-steam/) that if the game does well they'll start porting a great huge batch of other XSEED rpgs, which are as good as Atlus' at best.
    Last edited by pakoito; 20-09-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Saw a friend of mine play this on his 360 last month. Unless they royally screw up the port, I'm so grabbing this.

For those who want to know what the game is about (the standard game that is, no effin' idea about the extra modes):

There's this spell that can be cast in 30 seconds that can destroy the world. So you, the hero, must defeat the evil lord (of each stage, that is) that is trying to cast the spell, but how could you do it in mere 30 seconds?!

By making the clock go back! The goddess of time helps you if you pay at her altars, resetting the timer back to 30 seconds!

There is no real "combat" perse, you just find an enemy, your hero and the enemy meet up and start hitting each other automatically (you can speed it up at the cost of your health), and if you win, you get experience and money. Experience levels you up, and money buys help from the goddess, healing items and new gear.

But not all maps are as straightforward as "overpower" the evil lord, oh no. I saw a map where the counter was going down but there was no apparent dark lord, another one, where there were several possible dark lords and you had to find the right one, and a few other variations and twists and complications.

All in all, it was pretty damn awesome, and I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Everyone should be buying this, it's been stated (can't citate now) that if the game does well they'll start porting a great huge batch of other XSEED rpgs, which are as good as Atlus' at best.
    What!? Oh dear. But doesn't Xseed already have some games in Steam? Ys Origins and Felghana at least, and I seem to recall an XSeed community whathaveya saying at the Steam forums that the game did pretty well for them and will likely, in time, release some more.

I edited my previous post with a link

I can’t give you any specific hints, but if the game sells reasonably well, I personally would like to see us doing something *grand* on the PC. I think others would too, but first I have to show my bosses it’s a lucrative platform.
    Marvelous AQL has a long list of titles they could bring to Steam like Luminous Arc 3, No More Heroes, and Grand Knights History.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I edited my previous post with a link
    I link I have in my OP and quoted on the mention of them bringing more games. :P

But I guess nor specifically pointing out in my own words.

I never read ops ;P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post

What!? Oh dear. But doesn't Xseed already have some games in Steam? Ys Origins and Felghana at least, and I seem to recall an XSeed community whathaveya saying at the Steam forums that the game did pretty well for them and will likely, in time, release some more.
    Its interesting MAQL is publishing this under their own name and not XSeed, their NA subsidiary (you can get to the game and steam link from XSeed's site). Wonder if it makes any difference to them or maybe they are trying to take a more direct approach with working with Valve and Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This sounds great. I actually had an idea for this kind of thing (Was "You have 60 seconds to save the world!"), and thought MCPixel was the first attempt at it. Wish I could program to actually pull of any of these ideas. :( Lol.

But that game looks a laugh.

Story of my life.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It is out today, pick it up. Worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I'll personally wait until others bite the bullet and comment on the quality of the port. I'm not looking for MSAA, AF and all that stuff, I already know it won't be there, but I do expect proper rendering resolution, proper FPS (unless it's one of those games like Dark Souls where increasing the FPS count makes the game run like a Benny Hill show) and a decent performance.

If the port delivers at least that, instant freaking buy.

Activated Node
    i was playing this on psp but it was to hard and annoying for me ;p

I'll take it for a spin when it comes out. If it's anything like the Cladun X2 port, I suspect the controls will take some getting used to, but I'm willing to let that slide, as the whole premise of the game looks really neat. =)

Network Hub
    Hmm, no resolution options, apparently? That kinda sucks. Any INI files somewhere?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrN View Post
    I'll take it for a spin when it comes out. If it's anything like the Cladun X2 port, I suspect the controls will take some getting used to, but I'm willing to let that slide, as the whole premise of the game looks really neat. =)
    They advise to play with an Xbox controller but they don't map to the correct buttons like most games do, C button is the A button etc. It works well enough though.

I've been enjoying it so far and it's a far better port than CladunX2.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    "See us doing something *grand*" they say, and this with a game called "Grand Knights History" in their catalog.

Is Grand Knights History worth getting excited about?

Banned
    if the game does well they'll start porting a great huge batch of other XSEED rpgs, which are as good as Atlus' at best.
    Wow, as good as Atlus'? I heave never heard a less motivating recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0 View Post
    Hmm, no resolution options, apparently? That kinda sucks. Any INI files somewhere?
    It's a 2D game that was originally made for a 480 x 272 screen (And then badly redrawn and ported to a console that runs most games in 720p). Doubt they'd redo the entire game at a higher resolution for this release.

Plus, it's quite common for 2D game to have no or very limited resolution options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Wow, as good as Atlus'? I heave never heard a less motivating recommendation
    Disgaea is Atlus.