Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

Resident Evil Producer Is Getting Ambitious... Too Ambitious

While they started turning Biohazard into some sort of shooter since the 4th installment, I didn't expect that this franchise will evolve into something like this:

Less than two months before we can try out this game, but sometime ambition should not be realized if you cannot truly fulfill it. Seriously, anyone really think this gameplay is brilliant?
    Last edited by squirrel; 02-10-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Remember, you can't be too ambitious. So long as you don't say you'll do their best. Looshers alwaysh whine about their besht, winnersh go home an fook the prom queen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just love his joystick wiggling. Does he drive like that too?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Resident Evil 2 scared me at the title screen. This looks nothing like that game at all. It's somewhat amazing to see how off the track it's become.

0:53 -- Jet unscathed by mid-air collision with helicopter. Why waste time shooting at stuff when he's flying a jet that can ram things without taking damage?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Less than two months before we can try out this game...
    It's out for consoles now and people seem less-than-jazzed about it.

Sounds like a warmed-over 'western' shooter made by a Japanese developer. Not that Japanese devs can't handle 'western' shooters, but their track record isn't that impressive, unless I'm forgetting something.

Ironically, RE4 inspired Gears of War, which inspired a bit of the next generation of mainstream shooters, which seemingly inspired this, which reportedly might suck, adverb-edly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Wow, this is supposed to be Resident Evil?! It looks like something I did in Saints Row 3.

Ah, "RB - Barrel Roll"; that's why it's so silly and surreal, it's their idea of a StarFox game.

Won't someone please buy what few worthwhile IPs Capcom still has and then let the company rot away already? Please?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Won't someone please buy what few worthwhile IPs Capcom still has and then let the company rot away already? Please?
    That's how I felt (a long time ago) after Street Fighter II' XX Tournament Edition +++
    Then the first Resident Evil came out on the Playstation. Ironically, that project was lead by a western director as I remember it.
    Capcom, when everyone thinks it's finally down, always rises. like a freaking zombie.
    Last edited by mashakos; 02-10-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Network Hub
    I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

How can they spend millions upon millions of dollars getting talented artists and programmers to create all that, and then not find a single person with a clue how to design a game? That video makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    From what I have read, the Leon portion is rather decent, seeing as it is basically RE4 again. The Chris portion is "meh" since it is RE5 again. And the Baby Wesker (which is what I assume has you attacking an aircraft carrier, can't be arsed to watch video) is just crap.

RE4 was actually REALLY good. It captured the essence of the RE series while getting a control scheme other than the one used in Crusader. And it basically was the first game (and one of the few) to get QTEs right.

RE5 was rather "meh". It had its moments and it was nice for the overall plot, but Chris just sucks horribly.

If anyone IS looking for some RE-goodness in the vein of RE4, check out the CGI movies (Degeneration and Damnation). They are rather fun, although they lack any real scares.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Ah, "RB - Barrel Roll"; that's why it's so silly and surreal, it's their idea of a StarFox game.
    Slippy: "Chris, get these guys off me!"
    Slippy: "Something's up ahead. Looks different."
    Chris Redfield: "We need to take out that carrier!"
    Wesker: "Can't let you do that, Redfield."
    Peppy: "Remember when these games used to be good?"
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Chris just sucks horribly.
    Those biceps were the size of basketballs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
    I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

How can they spend millions upon millions of dollars getting talented artists and programmers to create all that, and then not find a single person with a clue how to design a game? That video makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
    I think the problem is they found a dozen designers.
    The ambition is admirable.

Hahahaha. Aaahahahaha. :) Niiiice. QTE movie attack on a Zombie Aircraft Carrier. Can it get any better than this?
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    It's Chris' Blood!

RES6 is getting a pretty bad load of negative feedback already, A shame really; The trailer and the demo left a good first impression.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 02-10-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    I didn't know my eyeballs were capable of throwing up, but that video made it happen.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    RE4 was actually really good in my opinion, kept the old feel of RE even though it changed the gameplay. I could see RE5 was taking the series quite seriously downhill from long before it was released; managed to bring myself to give enough of a damn to pirate it to try a month or two ago, managed to force myself to complete it once (as compared to enthusiastically completing RE4 something like four times) before uninstalling.

RE6 has looked awful right from the word go, and now I'm hearing that RE6 is bad enough to make people look back on RE5 as kindly as they did on RE4. Ouch. Looks like Resident Evil has well and truly jumped the shark.
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 02-10-2012 at 11:53 PM.

this looks like a playable movie... and I don't mean that in a good way :/
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    It's funny how the Resident Evil movies were made fun of for being brain-dead bastardizations of the games, with too much focus on explossssions and VISUAL SPECTACLES. Now, rather than the games learning from the films, learning what not to do, and veering far away from them back to the survival horror roots, they have decided to devolve and become more similar to the awful films.

Network Hub
    Holy crap, it's got a 0.4 (PS3) and 0.5 (360) user score on Metacritic. That's quite a metabombing.
    Last edited by random_guy; 03-10-2012 at 06:33 AM.