Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Network Hub
    Eh dudes, if I'm not mistaken Cleveland is the crazy dude who has been hanging around usenet and whatever rpg forum he hasn't been banned from while building a nuclear bunker in Australia while waiting for the inevitable and literal Apocalypse.

In short, the guy is fucking crazy and it pains me to see people give him credence.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    Bear in mind that there's zero evidence he ever worked for Sir-Tech:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.../#post-1460792

I've known two people in my life (one in school, one professionally) who would create elaborate fantasies and insist they were true, even though I knew full well that they were complete lies. Pathological liars. Blakemore might be one of those, or he might be an even greater degree of crazy.
    even more so, a company that /might have/ fired him but that he possibly /didn't work for at all/ because he's a delusional, insane man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    Eh dudes, if I'm not mistaken Cleveland is the crazy dude who has been hanging around usenet and whatever rpg forum he hasn't been banned from while building a nuclear bunker in Australia while waiting for the inevitable and literal Apocalypse.

In short, the guy is fucking crazy and it pains me to see people give him credence.
    this. a thousand times.

Thanks for clearing this up. Didn't know who he was.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    Bear in mind that there's zero evidence he ever worked for Sir-Tech:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.../#post-1460792

I've known two people in my life (one in school, one professionally) who would create elaborate fantasies and insist they were true, even though I knew full well that they were complete lies. Pathological liars. Blakemore might be one of those, or he might be an even greater degree of crazy.
    He claims to have worked at Sir Tech as a contractor or something like that. There is a NPC in Jagged Alliance 2 that pays homage to him, named Calvin Barkmore.

Also, more lulz:

Grimoire Eliminates Another Rival

Oct 20
    Posted by grimdarkly
    Already weakened as its deadline drew to a close, Cleve Blakemore and his Codexian Army heroically finished Shaker with a skull-crushing blow to the cranium: discouraging comments.
    Leading the frontline charge, Cleve unloaded a truth bomb on the Shaker project, revealing to people the mess of self contradictions in the past of Brenda Brathwaite.
    The Codexians, although mainly trannies, are quite resourceful. It seems they used their tranny abilities to pose as women and advocate Grimoire with false accounts. The historical role of gender bender geisha assassins comes to mind.
    Once again, Grimoire emerges triumphant.
    Addendum: Almost everything that was stated by Cleve in the Shaker comments is public information (Interviews etc). Much of it was stated by Brenda herself and has simply been repeated by Cleve.
    There is some evidence implying that their Kickstarter was launched purely for monetary purposes. However, if they really intended to make a fun, old-skool RPG, then both Brenda and Tom have my best wishes.

You know, I love some of the things these people have worked on, but you simply don't make a 6 minute kickstarter video detailing your experience, and why old-school RPG's are better than new ones... Seriously, talk about your game! I'd rather see a presentation than read about it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf View Post
    He claims to have worked at Sir Tech as a contractor or something like that. There is a NPC in Jagged Alliance 2 that pays homage to him, named Calvin Barkmore.
    Pays homage to his being a lunatic. Read the quotes here: http://jaggedalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Calvin_Barkmore