Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79
  1. #41
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,412
    We just need to stop being so self conscious of our level of intelligence.

  2. #42
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    He didn't care about making another good Unreal game anyway, so I'm a bit indifferent about this.

    But good luck, Cliffy.
    From Cliffy's recent Reddit AMA:

    I was quoted recently on a Fortnite panel about the first Unreal and what a reboot might look like. Having really grown into a big Bethesda fan lately (Skyrim rocked my world) I couldn't help but wonder what a reboot of Unreal would be like if it was more "SciFi-Rim." Sure, there would be shooting involved, but exploration would almost be more important. Get back to that sense of wonder that the first game had. (Caves and castles and crashed ships are basically your dungeon instances, whereas the "overworld" is less intense.) Put it on a high end PC and prepare yourself for amazing visuals never before seen in real time.
    As far as a new UT, it's hard to say. Shooters and their sequels are a tricky beast. Often you wind up upsetting your core whenever you make a sequel because sometimes you change things the users didn't want changed, or the users are so very in love with their memory of the original game that there's nothing you can do to live up to the first game. This happened with Counterstrike: Source, Quake 2, Unreal Tournament 2003, heck, even Halo 2.
    (All that said, I do personally believe that UT3 suffered a bit from an identity crisis in regards to whether or not it was a PC or Console game.)
    So if, when? I don't know, honestly. We're understaffed right now for all of the projects we've got going on so I can't say if or when it may happen. I do love that IP and do hope to return to Na Pali some day.

  3. #43
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Because everything has to be rules/sucks.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  4. #44
    Lesser Hivemind Node Flint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester / Finland
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    SciFi-Rim
    I want this.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

  5. #45
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    Fun CliffyB story (I think, it's been 10 years):
    Back during the height of UT, CliffyB actually patrolled the fansites. It got to the point where you could basically mention his name once and actually expect a reply (like Bettlegeuse!).

    And I think that basically sums him up perfectly. Yeah, the guy had a HUMONGOUS ego. But he also genuinely cared about the community and the fans. We might not have always agreed with him, but the guy's first goal was to make a game people would like (and even Gears of War was well received in console-land).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  6. #46
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Hey I'm sorry that you apparently lack the capacity to operate beyond a binary level of assessment, but that unfortunately is your weakness.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

  7. #47
    Lesser Hivemind Node Shooop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Hey I'm sorry that you apparently lack the capacity to operate beyond a binary level of assessment, but that unfortunately is your weakness.
    *Checking previous page*

    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Because everything has to be rules/sucks.
    *Zoom in*

    Originally Posted by Kadayi

    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

  8. #48
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    *Checking previous page*

    *Zoom in*

    Originally Posted by Kadayi
    I fear you may have missed the sarcasm in that 2nd quote of Kadayi's that you have used. D'Oh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

  9. #49
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    I fear you may have missed the sarcasm in that 2nd quote of Kadayi's that you have used. D'Oh?
    Gold star to Unaco. Wooden spoon (and eternal shame) to Snooop.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

  10. #50
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I didn't insult the OP or tell anyone they were wrong for caring, I just expressed my indifference. For some reason you got extremely upset by this and told me I should choke on a pretzel. I'm sure plenty of people care that he quit for whatever reason, I don't and I wanted everyone to know just how indifferent I was on the subject. Why is this such a huge problem for you? What kind of deep-seated resentments are your harboring towards me to cause such an explosion of anger over something so trivial?
    you care enough about it, to post in this thread. Oh dear.

  11. #51
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Because everything has to be rules/sucks.
    So you're saying that there is a gray area where "meh" is both a valid and interesting opinion. Thanks.

  12. #52
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    So you're saying that there is a gray area where "meh" is both a valid and interesting opinion. Thanks.
    I love a happy ending.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  13. #53
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I love a happy ending.
    Annnnnnnd, I'm going to go chop my eyes off.

  14. #54
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by peschiNL View Post
    you care enough about it, to post in this thread. Oh dear.
    Endlessly amusing tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    So you're saying that there is a gray area where "meh" is both a valid and interesting opinion. Thanks.
    No, because it's not an opinion that is meaningful to others.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 05-10-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

  15. #55
    Prediction: Cliffy starts his own studio, indie or otherwise.

  16. #56
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    As the saying goes: Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

    If you say "Sweet shazbot I'm ejaculating all over this awesome thing", he says "I don't want to live on this world anymore", and she says "I am indifferent", it doesn't matter. All of your opinions are equally valid and you are equally entitled to your opinions. EVEN if your opinion is based off of wrong, stupid, or bigoted information.

    But for the purpose of a DISCUSSION, all three of those are meaningless. Because none of them really allow for any conversation beyond "Uhm... you have issues" to the first person.

    We're all guilty of it sometimes, but you should ALWAYS try and make sure you actually have a talking point of worth in your post. Something that introduces a new aspect of the topic or comments on someone's previous post.
    Saying "I am indifferent" does nothing other than inflate your post count.
    Saying "+1" is almost as stupid
    Saying "You are stupid" is, you guessed it, stupid (I'll give it least stupid of those options though).

    And I think the internet is fostering this. Ironically, it is discouraging actual communication and encouraging people to "retweet" and "+1" posts, rather than actually SAY stuff.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  17. #57
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Endlessly amusing tbh.



    No, because it's not an opinion that is meaningful to others.
    See, that's where you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    As the saying goes: Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

    If you say "Sweet shazbot I'm ejaculating all over this awesome thing", he says "I don't want to live on this world anymore", and she says "I am indifferent", it doesn't matter. All of your opinions are equally valid and you are equally entitled to your opinions. EVEN if your opinion is based off of wrong, stupid, or bigoted information.

    But for the purpose of a DISCUSSION, all three of those are meaningless. Because none of them really allow for any conversation beyond "Uhm... you have issues" to the first person.

    We're all guilty of it sometimes, but you should ALWAYS try and make sure you actually have a talking point of worth in your post. Something that introduces a new aspect of the topic or comments on someone's previous post.
    Saying "I am indifferent" does nothing other than inflate your post count.
    Saying "+1" is almost as stupid
    Saying "You are stupid" is, you guessed it, stupid (I'll give it least stupid of those options though).

    And I think the internet is fostering this. Ironically, it is discouraging actual communication and encouraging people to "retweet" and "+1" posts, rather than actually SAY stuff.
    That's the thing though, what else is there to discuss regarding this topic? My "meh" comment has generated more discussion than the actual topic, which doesn't say much for the original topic.

  18. #58
    <---has only ever once used +1 (+2 actually) in his lifetime, and not here. I'll try to be more careful. Thanks for the advice.

  19. #59
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    See, that's where you're wrong.
    Because.....?

    Also you derailing the thread because you've got 'issues' and a spam habit is not adding to it.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

  20. #60
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    See, that's where you're wrong.



    That's the thing though, what else is there to discuss regarding this topic? My "meh" comment has generated more discussion than the actual topic, which doesn't say much for the original topic.
    Then don't post. There is NOTHING stopping you from posting. People bitch at me for only arguing. That is because I don't bother to post if all I would say is "I agree with this statement"

    And a topic derailment doesn't necessarily say the original topic had no opportunity for discussion. People were discussing his future plans (in humorous detail), others (like myself) remembered him for what he was: An arrogant son of a bitch who truly cared about gaming.
    Outside of MAYBE bilbo (that rude comment at least could have led to a discussion on his assholish tendencies) and possibly Rake, your post was the first pointless post in general.

    And general rule of thumb: if you have to add "10char", don't hit post. :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •