Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 163
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotto Voce View Post
    It's exactly the same as here :)
    Moving up in the world : ) First saw you at 97 - now it's 74. Ah, I remember when I was 78. Good old days.

    What kind of squad are you using? I completely turned my tactic around and am now using all human balanced squad. So far so good. I'll post a video of them going about their business soon.

  2. #42
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by BestFriends4Ever View Post
    What kind of squad are you using? I completely turned my tactic around and am now using all human balanced squad. So far so good. I'll post a video of them going about their business soon.
    I started with ghost cannon commando, then switched over to balanced humans as well. Much more versatile and best bang for points.

  3. #43
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotto Voce View Post
    I started with ghost cannon commando, then switched over to balanced humans as well. Much more versatile and best bang for points.
    My three Sectoid Commander squad love those "balanced" human squads.

    I just MC'd three of my opponents 5 person squad. Dashed the MC'd humans right next to the non-MC'd humans then used my MC'd heavy who fired a rocket at her feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    My three Sectoid Commander squad love those "balanced" human squads.

    I just MC'd three of my opponents 5 person squad. Dashed the MC'd humans right next to the non-MC'd humans then used my MC'd heavy who fired a rocket at her feet.
    So one cyberdisc or a human psychic in psy-armour can take out your entire squad? : )

    I think the balanced human squad has a fighting chance against anything. Everything else so far, in my experience, seems rather niche. I'm not trying to trash talk here, sorry if it sounds that way. I'm just very interested in different combinations as I've been looking for an ideal one since the game came out.

    We can test out your squad against mine, if you like. I'm Fire Water Gasoline on Steam (because of my YouTube name).

  5. #45
    Further to our conversation, just defeated someone with 3 commanders and a sectoid without losing a unit. Cooper, is your name haigam2000 by any chance? : )

  6. #46
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by BestFriends4Ever View Post
    Further to our conversation, just defeated someone with 3 commanders and a sectoid without losing a unit. Cooper, is your name haigam2000 by any chance? : )
    Nope. It's Cooper as it is here.

    3 Commanders is both incredibly vulnerable and incredibly powerful at the same time. Entirely all-or-nothing, but it works against most of the squads I've played against (everytime I've tried something else, I've wished I had commanders. Though I'm loving a 3 Chryssalid squad. Lose more often, but that moment when they all run admist the opponent and start pulling them apart causes much glee)

    I've only lost one of the 7 games I've played with that squad. Entirely because someone had a maxed-out assault with a mind shield and two sectoids. MC'ing the Sectoids just wasn't enough firepower too take on the assault.

    A cyberdisc is not a problem if it's backed up with MC-able units. The great thing about MC is you can use it and then the next turn just run the commander away. And you can move the MC'd unit out of cover to get the best flanking positions, because you don't care if they're exposed

    All I need is a Muton or Floater backing up the cyberdisc to do enough damage that it can easily be finished off by my commanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  7. #47
    Lesser Hivemind Node DWZippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    508
    Do Cryssalids "turn" enemies in multiplayer?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    Do Cryssalids "turn" enemies in multiplayer?

    Only humans.

  9. #49
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    Do Cryssalids "turn" enemies in multiplayer?
    Yes, humans.

    I won a game tonight with just Chrysalids. Lost the three I started with, but had two zombies. One zombie took the sniper out. Then the next turn out popped another Chryssalid. Took out a Sectoid, the next turn the other zombie turned and I pulled apart their last squad member.

    Exceptionally effective units IF you can get them close enough. A half-alert player will be able to avoid them though, so as fun as it can be, a Chryssalid focused squad is easy to counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  10. #50
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    My three Sectoid Commander squad love those "balanced" human squads.
    I have yet to face this troop composition, but I'm sure that in the right hands it's extremely dangerous for a low ranked human squad. I actually like that there's no unbeatable setup right now. Some are more risky than others, some require more thinking, but each one has a counter, which is good in my book. Now, if I only could save several squad presets and quickly pick one on the match start screen...


    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    A cyberdisc is not a problem if it's backed up with MC-able units.
    I've seen Cyberdisc/Berserker/Sectoid and Cyberdisc/Drone/Sectoid Commander squads.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotto Voce View Post
    I've seen Cyberdisc/Berserker/Sectoid and Cyberdisc/Drone/Sectoid Commander squads.
    I haven't seen a berserker on the field. I am still so young and innocent.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotto Voce View Post
    I've seen Cyberdisc/Berserker/Sectoid and Cyberdisc/Drone/Sectoid Commander squads.
    You're doing so well! I saw you were 38. You should conduct some RPS workshops on how to kick ass in XCOM mp : )

  13. #53
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by BestFriends4Ever View Post
    You're doing so well! I saw you were 38. You should conduct some RPS workshops on how to kick ass in XCOM mp : )
    I'm still learning, and making many mistakes in the process. Quite a few people are using ghost superhuman builds, which my balanced squad eats for breakfast. Met double sectoid commander setup a couple of times, but the players in charge kept mindcontrollers far apart, allowing me to gang up on one at a time. Twice my opponents have disconnected during the first round, giving me a victory somehow, so I'm about ten positions higher than I deserve :)

  14. #54
    Back in the top 100, at 87 (88?). Too bad we have no great tournament organizers among us. Also wish the game was a bit less buggy.

    Bellow is my latest stupid defeat that probably got me kicked out of the top 100 in the first place.


  15. #55
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by BestFriends4Ever View Post
    Back in the top 100, at 87 (88?). Too bad we have no great tournament organizers among us. Also wish the game was a bit less buggy.
    Congradulations. Well, not an awful lot of people here are playing multiplayer anyway, judging by the number of responses in this thread. Hopefully, the next patch will deal with some of the issues at least.

  16. #56
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,362
    I would like to play this multiplayer but I'm not turned on by the only mode of play. Some almost moba-like team battles would be cool, or aliens vs xcom even. Hell, I think 2 human teams vs AI aliens would be a lot of fun.

  17. #57
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    888
    Nowhere near the top 100, more like the bottom 100. Played 6 games today and won only 1 by the skin of my teeth.
    I guess this group will only take off if we self-organize? Would a steam group help? I m not sure how the custom matches work.

  18. #58
    Lesser Hivemind Node Bobtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    567
    It doesn't help that if you go to XCOM news on Steam, it reports the RPS headline that says "Solid Copy: XCOM Patched To Fix SHIVS", when of course it hasn't been patched yet. Sigh.

  19. #59
    Lesser Hivemind Node DWZippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    508
    Jesus, you guys.

    Okay, if you're interested in playing a serious organised league, add yourself to the list by posting below. Copy the names of those below you so when I check back in later the bottom post should have a convenient list of all the people who want to join the initial league.


    I've got no time for competitive matches, but I'll organise the entire thing if someone promises to take it off my hands when I've spent the time organising it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

  20. #60
    Let's do this!


    The list of the participants of The RPS XCOM:EU Tournament:

    Fire Water Gasoline

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •