Trying to get Lionhead's "The Movies" to work, plus video record software

I want to do a Let's Play of The Movies, but currently I've run into a snag.

I'm able to install the game, did the run as administrator trick. Installed Stunts and Special Effects. Installed the patch. However, the game will not run. The disc will spin in the DVD tray as if it's thinking and reading, but the program does not run. When I eject the disc, the program comes to its senses and says it needs the DVD to play the game. It does not matter if I have it set for WinXP SP3 compatibility mode or not.

I've searched around the net and found no guidance on this, was wondering if you folk have any ideas.

Also, my sound card and my microphone are using two different cards, there a cheap/free video record program that can compensate for both?

How did you record the ME3 movies then?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

That was on my old machine, just used the onboard soundcard, now I have an asus xonar with the new monolith.

ok, as far as I read, (there was a german post on exactly this) as long as you can install the game, it should work, but how about you just get a nocd crack? you own the game anyway, shouldnt be a problem, no?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Virtual Audio Cable seems to be the best when working with multiple sources. Have not had a chance to give a go yet, lots of streamers use it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakeShark View Post
    I want to do a Let's Play of The Movies, but currently I've run into a snag.

I'm able to install the game, did the run as administrator trick. Installed Stunts and Special Effects. Installed the patch. However, the game will not run. The disc will spin in the DVD tray as if it's thinking and reading, but the program does not run. When I eject the disc, the program comes to its senses and says it needs the DVD to play the game. It does not matter if I have it set for WinXP SP3 compatibility mode or not.

I've searched around the net and found no guidance on this, was wondering if you folk have any ideas.

Also, my sound card and my microphone are using two different cards, there a cheap/free video record program that can compensate for both?
    find a no CD crack.