Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sorry for dropping out guys, I got kicked from the game and cannot log in again...

Obscure Node
    ...and we finally get four of us in an instance, half way through and the servers all crash. Giving up for the evening.

I'm a bit disappointed that the one-time-event was a cut scene. I wouldn't have bothered for that!

The brawling before the event was awesome though.

Obscure Node
    I've got the guild member bug now, so I can't boast in-game about how I just solo'd that mofo. But I did, I have video proof.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Ok, missed the one time thing, don't really care too much about that, will check youtube later. The neat thing now is that I get the guild member bug, so grouping up for this dungeon thing is next to impossible.
    <rant>
    You didn't miss anything. He popped out of the LA fountain like a jackinthebox and that was it. I'm really wondering what the hell were they thinking in announcing this mega event and gathering people just so they could lag and get angry and crash the servers.
    </rant>

Didn't even see the mad king here, just a hole. Then had issues accessing the dungeon with the party, tried to solo it, and then had the servers crash about halfway through. Log-on servers seem to be down atm.

Suspect the dungeon will be running for the next few days though, so no hurry.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Saw the event, tried to get in the dungeon as a group which failed miserably so we decided to leave it a bit and try later. When I got back in I got the guild bug so I couldn't try and get the group together again, so I decided to try soloing it. The really irritating thing is I managed to get the bastard down to 50% and the server crashed.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Well got back on and managed to team up with RPS people for a couple of runs, then accidentally left the party. (Had a brainfart when I meant to leave the instance) Decided to call it a night then though. On the plus side, which taking stock in Lions Arch afterwards, saw the cutscene again, this time with a Mad King Thorn.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Did it solo with engi this morning, took a while but it was otherwise kinda painless.
    Be sure to check the chest at the bottom of the area (not that I got anything particularly good out of it).

Quite annoyed by the issues of yesterday evening, it would have been a bit more bearable knowing that the dungeon instance will be around until October 31.

As for the "one-time-event" cinematic, I don't see why they couldn't let people see it again talking to Magister Tassi, pretending she had it recorded with some experimental asura technology...
    No stone left unturned. No tree left unpruned.

For future events (and if the problem persists with this one as well) I would recommend that anyone who has trouble with the guild membership bug should log in to Mumble or post here / in a corresponding thread so that we can form parties independently. That worked for me yesterday, even though the server crash prevented a successful dungeon run.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    As for the "one-time-event" cinematic, I don't see why they couldn't let people see it again talking to Magister Tassi, pretending she had it recorded with some experimental asura technology...
    Agreed, they even had that in Guild Wars 1 with the Scrying Pool at the Eye of the North. Puzzling.

Activated Node
    Really wanted to do that new dungeon, was grouped with four other RPSers but I just could not get in, no matter what I did. /me sad panda

Quote Originally Posted by harvb View Post
    Really wanted to do that new dungeon, was grouped with four other RPSers but I just could not get in, no matter what I did. /me sad panda
    The way I did it was to wait until I left overflow in Lion's Arch and then just ran back and forth at the border of the big ol' hole (the dungeon entrance) and clicked on "Enter explorable" everytime I could.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Enjoyed the Mad King runs with fellow RPSers last night. Thanks all!

From the official forum:

We want to give you a heads up about Phase 4 of the Halloween event. Phase 4 will start at 9:00 AM PDT/16:00 GMT on October 31, and will run until we publish a new build on November 1 (which will be sometime after Noon PDT/19:00 GMT).

Once Phase 4 starts, the Ascent to Madness dungeon will no longer be available – but you will still be able to enter the Mad King’s realm, including the Labyrinth, the Clocktower, Reaper’s Rumble and Lunatic Inquisition.
    Also make sure that you will “Attend the Party” in Lion’s Arch once Phase 4 starts, and do not worry: It is a non-stop party, so swing by any time you want!
    Happy Halloween.
    For us CET people it starts at 17:00 today and ends tomorrow sometime after 20:00.
    No stone left unturned. No tree left unpruned.

Yeah if Phase Three is ending today folks I suggest we all high-tail it to Ascent To Madness and farm, farm, farm!

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    From the official forum:

*snip*

For us CET people it starts at 17:00 today and ends tomorrow sometime after 20:00.
    Oh bugger, that's before I get home from work. Oh well, at least I finished the dungeon once. Can't say it was that special though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Halloween's over but ArenaNet are already on to the next thing!

November Update "Lost Shores"

November 2012
    Something stirs in the Sea of Sorrows…

Unravel a mystery of monstrous proportions in The Lost Shores, a massive one-time world event that will change Tyria forever!
    Not a lot of info, but from reddit and the official forums... We know there are already some clues in-game (and more to arrive after today's patch, apparently), leading up to a reveal (and a weekend-long event) on the 15th November. Only two weeks away!

Sounds a little like the opening of Ahn'Qiraj.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I wanna be a Tengu.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I wanna be a Tengu.
    I expect that'll be reserved for a paid expansion.