Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Lost Shore heads up here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...hores-Heads-Up

The one-time Sunday event clashes with the US F1 Grand Prix -- guess I'll be multi-screening it that evening...

Obscure Node
    Are any RPS people making plans to team up for the Lost Shore events this weekend? I'd love to tag along if so. I've hit 80 having played pretty much the whole game on my own, and I think I might be doing it wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I haven't heard anybody making plans yet -- but if the Halloween event is anything to go by, there will be high participation and lots of grouping up on the fly.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Obscure Node
    Ace, thanks - I missed the Halloweeen event so wasn't sure how things worked then. I'll keep an eye on guild chat over the weekend. My main (a thief) is Eyja the Unwary, if anyone wants to be imaginary friends.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I'd be up for teaming up, I've cleared by diary this weekend because I really didn't make the most of Halloween and don't want to miss out on this one.

Well, the crab attack on Lion's Arch was a huge lagfest, reminded me of the opening of the gates on An'Quwhatsit in WoW, let's hope that, like Blizzard, learn from this.

Loved the new dungeon(s), though, a whole lot of beautiful vignettes, short on explanation, but full of puzzles, traps and fights we had to figure out for ourselves.

Highlights for me included:

A crazy Asura with his catbots
    A champion rabbit ("What, behind the rabbit?" "No, it is the rabbit.")
    A big giant man
    Fiery rolly boulders
    A team of guildmates intent on having fun and kicking arse.

One tip, though, get bigger bags.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The big giant man is fantastic!

The LA event was pretty horrible in my opinion. I've heard reports of people who were actually able to, well... participate. All I could do was stand there, look at my flashing skill icons, waiting for my auto attack to fire once every odd minute. The follow-up quests were also bugged ten minutes after the event, so I quickly lost interest in doing them.

The new mini dungeons are great though, they made it very clear that I urgently need to finalise my gear selection.

Alright, the event weekend is over. I didn't participate in the final event, because a) lag and b) WvWvW (which was laggy for me as well), but I have heard good things about it. Interestingly, exotic items were handed out as reward for participation. If I had known this in advance, I surely would have forced myself to sit through the lagfest. Well bummer.

Has anyone gotten anything interesting from the reward chest? Like legendary precursors?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I got the legendary shield precursor.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    I got the legendary shield precursor.
    Argh, it burns. I shouldn't have asked.

Edit: Congratulations though!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Alright, the event weekend is over. I didn't participate in the final event, because a) lag and b) WvWvW (which was laggy for me as well), but I have heard good things about it. Interestingly, exotic items were handed out as reward for participation. If I had known this in advance, I surely would have forced myself to sit through the lagfest. Well bummer.

Has anyone gotten anything interesting from the reward chest? Like legendary precursors?
    Indeed if I'd known the scale of the reward I would have made a greater effort to show up. Ah well, this only means the price of exotic precursors will get cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Indeed if I'd known the scale of the reward I would have made a greater effort to show up. Ah well, this only means the price of exotic precursors will get cheaper.
    Either that or the players that already have a lot of money will buy up the cheap precursors and relist them for profit, like it has happened before. But I too hope for cheaper precursors!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I got a bow Dún Aire or something.

Very glad I sat through the lag for it. First time I've got something really useful from a chest; I usually end up with shields, maces and warhammers, which are no use for a ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Argh, it burns. I shouldn't have asked.

Edit: Congratulations though!
    Thank you, it sold for a decent sum and I must say it's nice to not be destitute for a change. Not that I expect that to last long, I need another 750 or so ectos along with a mountain of other mats for the stuff I actually do want.

Just a short message to thank all the amazing guys/gals who made a lvl 1 Fractal run with me yesterday.

I had tons of fun even if we failed misarably several times :P

Adhan

ArenaNet have put up a survey asking for opinions on the previous weekend, particularly when it comes to the one-time-only event.

Given the amount of complaints expressed on the official forums, reddit and elsewhere, I can see where this is probably going...

I would have quite liked the quests and events if it wasn't for all the technical problems and the sheer length of the last event which turned it into a slog. Hopefully they'll do better next time and at least everyone seems to love the new dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    ArenaNet have put up a survey ... <snip>
    Thanks for that link, Screwie, I filled in the questionare immediately. Good to see that ArenaNet is/are asking for player feedback on this one, here's hoping that they make the best of it.

In the questionare I stated both my positive and negative impressions. The Fractals are brilliant and a lot of fun (I need to play them some more, haven't seen all of them or even fought one of the between-level bosses), the incredible lag however ruined any potential interest I might have had in the event itself. As I've said above, I would have soldiered through the one-time event if I had known what the rewards were beforehand, but thinking about it, I must admit that it would have been quite a poor reason to do so and wouldn't have had anything to do with the quality of the event itself.

I missed the final event because I was busy and by the time I could log on, I couldn't be bothered. Hopefully they'll realise one-time events are going to be laggy and a bit exclusive, some people are going to miss out due to things happening in their real lives.