Network Hub

Are there any good head sets for people with small heads?

Razer stuff is always too big and too light, so it always just slips off my head. I tried the G35 from Logitech and it's almost there but still a tiny bit too big that if I shake my head it'll fall off. I need something that will stick to my head as I move but also has good mic and sound quality. The problem I've had is Razer products no only are too big but they have the worst mics, they let too much sound in and out and are just shit. Logitech has been great apart from being a tiny bit too big and has the worst bass and drivers. Just struggling to find a good headset :\

Thanx.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Headsets are overpriced, poor sound quality/range and often highly fragile.

I suggest you look at 'headphones', I'd you want a mic buy a good desk mic.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Yes, there's nothing like hearing every keypress you make, as well as sending out echo from other people who are talking at the same time as you. Enrich everyone else's listening experience with a desk microphone!

As for headsets, I'm using these myself: http://www.ebuyer.com/111651-cosonic...cable-cd-828mv

Can't say how it'd fit for your situation, though - my place is pretty well-insulated against sound so I don't need to worry much about sound leaking in and my head is pretty near the average size..
    Last edited by Harlander; 05-10-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Network Hub
    Tried Sennheiser PC160 and PC310, both exceptional sound quality and pretty damn decent mic quality too, but I found both uncomfortably tight, particularly so when wearing specs. This might indicate I have a big head (it has been mentioned, mainly by my other half) and as such may suit a bonce of more normal proportions.

Prices from 40 or so for their "low end" models (of which PC160 & 310 I think were) up to silly money, but personally I found the sound quality of their base range stuff perfect and certainly couldn't justify spending more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    Yes, there's nothing like hearing every keypress you make, as well as sending out echo from other people who are talking at the same time as you. Enrich everyone else's listening experience with a desk microphone!
    Yes, because your headset is so far away from your keyboard, and the sound of you breathing is so soothing.

You really use voice activation? Fie on thee.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes, because your headset is so far away from your keyboard, and the sound of you breathing is so soothing.

You really use voice activation? Fie on thee.
    If it's decently adjusted voice activation is absolutely fine. I would recommend giving it a try with someone to give you feedback before jumping in a full channel on mumble/TS though.

As for headsets, I can recommend the Sennheiser PC 151. From personal experience, it is not uncomfortable even after longer periods of gaming / listening to music (I have a slightly larger than average head I would say but don't wear glasses) and the sound quality is awesome, to my ears at least. Never had any complains about voice quality either.
    Forum janitor in training.

I use a PS3 cam as my mic on my desk. perfect sound quality, and it doesn't pick up much keyboard noise. Then I use a pair of Sennheisers which I can't recommend I'm afraid, not enough oomph to the bass.

If you are looking for comfort over sound then these are good (not too shabby sounding either) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Porta-P...445095&sr=1-22

Perfect if you have glasses and find that uncomfortable with standard headphones.