Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    I posted a small pic you can click to make larger. I also posted a link to the review site it was from, where they describe the feature (it's shielding the whole audio area on the motherboard, including the front panel audio header).
    So you were being serious. You didn't answer my question: if you have a motherboard with no EMI shielding, how can you ensure that onboard audio hardware is shielded? Besides buying a new motherboard of course.

EMI shielding on motherboards is nothing new, I have it on my motherboard as well. Then again, my motherboard is the Asus Maximus Formula - purchased for $475 at launch. Not exactly a budget solution. (and onboard audio still sucked without proper support for digital surround and ASIO)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    So you were being serious. You didn't answer my question: if you have a motherboard with no EMI shielding, how can you ensure that onboard audio hardware is shielded? Besides buying a new motherboard of course.

EMI shielding on motherboards is nothing new, I have it on my motherboard as well. Then again, my motherboard is the Asus Maximus Formula - purchased for $475 at launch. Not exactly a budget solution. (and onboard audio still sucked without proper support for digital surround and ASIO)
    He's buying a new motherboard. He can choose to buy one that comes with shielding. The one I linked to a review of costs $149.99 at Newegg.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    He's buying a new motherboard. He can choose to buy one that comes with shielding. The one I linked to a review of costs $149.99 at Newegg.
    limit your choice of motherboard purchases on a solution that is terrible for quality audio recording. Smart.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen