Worth getting into BB this late?

I just got BB Legendary Edition and was wondering was it still worth getting into? Is the player base still active?

Also, is there anything I can do with RPS crowd as a scrub (not total scrub though, I played BB for some time way back)?

cheers

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Yupp, you got the Divisions of death. With about 60 players and short seasons this is probably your best bet as a new player together with the Challenge league for trying teams out. Then you've also got the RPS open which has longer seasons. Not to forget the Stunty tournament for those who like an extra challenge and extra fragile players. And last but not least you have the FUMMBL-league for a more complete BB-experience, this does not use Cyanide's bloodbowl-game but another (totally free!) bloodbowl-client.

Yeah I dabbled with fummbl for some time. But now I'm looking forward to playing Cyanide's game a bit.

Thanks for the info.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I only got into multiplayer BB about 6 months ago. It's totally not too late.

At this point it's probably best to pick up whichever version you can get cheapest and then buy the upgrade to Chaos edition. E.g. the original on Amazon for 4.35 + Cyanide for €10

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Get in here you crazy kid

Lesser Hivemind Node
    BB has been going strong for 25 years despite being unsupported for lengthy periods. If it clicks with somebody they tend to play it for a loooong time so there will be a community of some sort out there for a good while. Even with the Cyanide version there are already a number of leagues run entirely off the Cyanide server so it will last beyond the day Cyanide pull the plug.

And don't forget the RPS BB FAQ Jiiiiim put together.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If a friend with BB gifts you chaos its only 6.99, but legendary is compatible anyway.

Hell yes its worth getting into, alongside advance wars days of ruin, solium infernum and frozen synapse bloodbowl shows that real time rts are not "better" simply 'different'.
    And turn based games are certainly not a thing of the past.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    I totally agree. It's never too late, and you won't really regret getting BB. It's worth buying.

Network Hub
    It is worth it, a new Divisions of Death has just started with a significant number of players, most of whom would be happy to help you with team selection and build. Most will even be happy to have a chat with you about most of the main skills and tactics that can be used.