Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Hearth, Stone, Pals

Since I've gotten into the hearthstone beta recently, I figured it might be a nice idea to make a thread for it so we can play with other forumgoers, comment on memorable games and generally talk about the game.

I play on EU zone with the same name as the one i've got here. Anyone who wants to play with me feel welcome to add me to his or her friends. I've still got very few cards, though, so don't expect that much of a challenge.

Network Hub
    I'm also playing, meloncrab#2771 is my name there, too :)
    Last edited by meloncrab; 13-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Ok, so you need the number too!
    In that case I am Gorzan#2433.

I didn't know you had to add a number, that's a bit strange. Anyway, that means I'm Hemogoblin#2461, and I added both of you. (I felt like registering with a funny name this time.)

I don't think they mention it when starting the game, but the Shattered Sun Cleric has been nerfed. 3/2 instead of 3/3. I haven't actually looked at the patch notes so I don't know what else is different.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I don't think they mention it when starting the game, but the Shattered Sun Cleric has been nerfed. 3/2 instead of 3/3. I haven't actually looked at the patch notes so I don't know what else is different.
    Yep, that happened. Argent Commander is a 4/2 instead of a 4/3 now, too. Flame Imp does another point of damage on entering the battlefield, Mind Control costs ten instead of eight, Starving Buzzard is a 2/1 now and they changed Unleash the Hounds to be a different card alltogether.

I got into the beta on Friday so I don't really have many cards yet, I'm Elro#2344.

I also recently got into the beta and have, to my shame, spent more money than is healthy on virtual cards already! Would be nice to have a few people on the friends list so we could test decks out on one another, I'm Gharzkull#2456 if anyone wants to get beaten by my ravening Murloc army :P

Quick Edit: I will add everyone here once I log back in later!
    Last edited by acroman56; 15-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.

TotalBiscuit is playing a deck full of legendaries in a new video series, which is pretty entertaining. Choice quote: "No one ever expects the banana synergy!"

So what are your favourite card combos? I had a lot of success with Gurabashi Berserkers as a priest, where on one occasion I mind-controlled one of them from a Paladin, and he would not stop summoning recruits, so I kept hitting them with the Gurabashi and buffing and healing it up until it became a 12/20. The cool thing is that Gurabashis are not enrage creatures, so if you heal them they keep their buffs.

I have been watching TB's Hearthstone videos since he started doing them, his legendary decks have always been a highlight for me though his Lord of the Arena series is pretty good too especially if you want to learn which cards are best in arenas!

My favourite card combo is likely the Frothing Berserkers/Warsong Commander/Whirlwind combo. When there are a lot of enemy minions on the board you can stack the Berserkers up to ridiculous damage levels with the damage Whirlwind does to everything, then with the Warsong Commander to give charge to your Berserkers you can usually do well over 10 damage very quickly. I did once have the luck to pull two Berserkers in one turn with a Warsong Commander already in play and the opponent had roughly 6 minions out so once I used Whirlwind the Berserkers were both at over 10 attack each and I went from being behind to winning the game in that one turn :D

Also seems the authentication servers are down at the moment so I can't log back in to add anyone or play :(

TB's legendary deck videos are probably my favourite Hearthstone vids. Trump and Day9's Twitch streams are also really good for deck build ideas and just general learning to be less terrible at the game.

Well, I has about four hours where it was possible to play Hearthstone before the servers crapped out again. I'll maintain the idle hope that they get around to implementing an offline mode just for practice.

They're back up again. I don't really see how an offline mode could work unless they made it so you can't gain any XP from it, which would be a mistake IMO.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    So what are your favourite card combos? I had a lot of success with Gurabashi Berserkers as a priest, where on one occasion I mind-controlled one of them from a Paladin, and he would not stop summoning recruits, so I kept hitting them with the Gurabashi and buffing and healing it up until it became a 12/20. The cool thing is that Gurabashis are not enrage creatures, so if you heal them they keep their buffs.
    I managed to get a Gurabashi where I summoned it, gave it +2hp from the priest card, then doubled it's hp with the priest card then used innerfire to make its HP and Dmg match... not bad, starting with 18/18 then I hit a 1/1 to make him 21/17 :D (Then he assassinated it as he was a rogue...).

If anyone has a code for the beta, I'll love you very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did not see this! Will add tag when I remember it.

Great game. Have not been playing as much since the wipe (had it since Day 1 closed beta) but trying to play a couple games a day. Really need to get that 9+ Arena win. Had friends who have played non stop doing a lot better in Arena then me now. :(

Elite Tauren Chieftain:
    http://www.twitch.tv/suftv/c/3375307

Killing my Sylvanas to mind control a Leper Gnome:
    http://www.twitch.tv/suftv/c/3353387
    Last edited by Moraven; 18-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    I managed to get a Gurabashi where I summoned it, gave it +2hp from the priest card, then doubled it's hp with the priest card then used innerfire to make its HP and Dmg match... not bad, starting with 18/18 then I hit a 1/1 to make him 21/17 :D (Then he assassinated it as he was a rogue...).
    I mind controlled a Questing Adventurer and got it to 31/31 in 2 turns with double Divine Spirit then an Inner fire. Always fun to get those power minions.

Once you get over 10 attack you almost always want to be hitting their hero with it.

Heya, can anyone comment on how closely related the game is to M:tG in regard to mechanics and card classes? I see that the majority of the offensive power comes through creatures, are there also things like enchantments, instants, etc.? I would be interested in giving this a try but didn't manage to get a good grasp of the basics from the TB videos. Could someone maybe recommend an introductory guide?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Heya, can anyone comment on how closely related the game is to M:tG in regard to mechanics and card classes? I see that the majority of the offensive power comes through creatures, are there also things like enchantments, instants, etc.? I would be interested in giving this a try but didn't manage to get a good grasp of the basics from the TB videos. Could someone maybe recommend an introductory guide?
    You could try watching a few of Day9's videos - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiNv1...fVbHCf&index=1 They're not exactly a guide but he is very good at walking through what he's going to do and why he plays the cards he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    I mind controlled a Questing Adventurer and got it to 31/31 in 2 turns with double Divine Spirit then an Inner fire. Always fun to get those power minions.

Once you get over 10 attack you almost always want to be hitting their hero with it.
    Have you guys seen this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOD7Ni_3NIc - it's not ever going to actually happen in a proper game but it entertaining to see just exactly what you can do with some imaginative thinking.

It's really easy to understand really, most of the basics will get explained to you during the excruciatingly long tutorial and the rest is not exactly hard to grasp.

Just grab one of the basic decks and start fighting the AI to see how everything works before you jump on the ladder.
    Last edited by Choca; 18-12-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Killing my Sylvanas to mind control a Leper Gnome:
    http://www.twitch.tv/suftv/c/3353387
    Man, I wish I could've seen the look on his face when you defeated him after that...

Adding to what other have said:
    There are enchantments, but only aura-like, every enchantment must go to a creature. There aren't instants, every card is played at sorcery speed. There are secrets, though, you play them during your turn, they stay hidden until your oponent does something specified on the card, then it triggers.
    In general it's quite more simple than MTG, so if you're familiar with that you'll get a grasp of this very quickly. I'm finding it more fun, though, there's no way I could se me having this much fun playing MTG over the internet against strangers.