Page 87 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2134
    Never mind i bought it for FEZ
    Last edited by JohnWar; 12-09-2013 at 08:24 PM.

It's bad enough that keys from a live bundle are being thrown in the air, let's just agree to avoid the begging?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    It's bad enough that keys from a live bundle are being thrown in the air, let's just agree to avoid the begging?
    +1 to this, would be nice towards the developers involved in the bundle to at least wait until it ends before giving away the spare keys.

wasn't aware random acts of kindness was gauged on some kind of spectrum
    also, i prefer to hand them out into the ether rather than be bombarded with messages & having to exercise some kind of value judgement on who is most deserving
    obviously tho, if it continues to meet with disapproval from the people who frequent this section of the forums, i'll refrain in the future

:S

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    There aren't really any rules, as such. If there were they'd be more like guidelines anyway. But the first would probably be "No begging". The second could go something like "If you're giving away keys from a bundle, wait until after the bundle is over before giving them away so that the devs can reap as much just reward as they can - we want to encourage them after all, and there's no reason to deprive them of a potential sale" (rule #2, if it actually existed, would need tightening up as it's a bit long-winded). The third hypothetical rule would be "You probably shouldn't post keys publicly unless you want them to be snatched up and sold into indentured servitude in some far-flung corner of the globe - but this is just a guideline, really" (there might be some redundancy inherent in rule 3 if it wasn't imaginary).

Quote Originally Posted by mr.trout1 View Post
    wasn't aware random acts of kindness was gauged on some kind of spectrum
    also, i prefer to hand them out into the ether rather than be bombarded with messages & having to exercise some kind of value judgement on who is most deserving
    obviously tho, if it continues to meet with disapproval from the people who frequent this section of the forums, i'll refrain in the future

:S
    Those random acts of kindness are actually not very kind to the humble bundle people. Giving away those spare keys is potentially depriving them (and the developers) of sales, and even if it doesn't, they are putting their trust in their customers to not redistribute their purchases, and it's also not kind to violate that trust.

Like the Col says, there aren't really any formal rules to speak of, but I think you should consider the other side of the coin before throwing every bundle key you're not using up for grabs.

Edit: Contacted Steam Support, and they've fixed it so that the coupon can be used in combination with the 15% discount. It's still too expensive for me, and hell, I just bought two humble bundles, so if anyone wants Shadow Warrior for 23.5% off, give me a shout.
    Last edited by LTK; 13-09-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Introversion Complete Pack

Being made available by SteamGift giveaway:
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/I...-complete-pack

Please only enter if you have just one or no games in the pack.

Re-listed as I pulled the earlier one when the Humble Bundle went live to avoid competing with something bringing in cash for charity...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Hey folks, got a couple of vouchers on Steam from trading cards.

2x -50% Strike Suit Infinity
    -25% Surgeon Simulator 2013

If anyone wants them just add me on Steam, Wizard Motor, and tell me what you'd like.

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Giving away those spare keys is potentially depriving them (and the developers)
    In a sense, this whole thread is about that. Every game given away is a potential deprivation of a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Radiator Full Pig View Post
    In a sense, this whole thread is about that. Every game given away is a potential deprivation of a sale.
    We have a whole thread about this, so I'll only say that it's especially uncool to do that while you can actually go out and buy the bundle right now.

I know this isn't the right place to post this but I don't know where else to put it...

I fucked up big time trying to buy the Metro Franchise Pack on Amazon, and it has resulted in me buying it 3 times. The collection costs (or costed at the moment of the purchase) $19.99. It includes Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, the Ranger mode DLC and the RPK weapon DLC. I am not giving these away as I just paid 40 bucks for them, but i have to get rid of them so I'm willing to sell them to anyone here for $18.99. Transaction would be through PayPal. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by SirDavies; 22-09-2013 at 01:31 AM.

So, Indie royale is giving two (desura) keys of the golden jubilee to everyone suscribed to their newsletter.
    If anyone wants one please PM me (GONE)
    Last edited by Gotem; 22-09-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    I know this isn't the right place to post this but I don't know where else to put it...

I fucked up big time trying to buy the Metro Franchise Pack on Amazon, and it has resulted in me buying it 3 times. The collection costs (or costed at the moment of the purchase) $19.99. It includes Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, the Ranger mode DLC and the RPK weapon DLC. I am not giving these away as I just paid 40 bucks for them, but i have to get rid of them so I'm willing to sell them to anyone here for $18.99. Transaction would be through PayPal. PM me if interested.
    At the risk of asking the obvious: why don't you ask for a refund?

I've got one golden jubilee Indie royale key up for grabs, send PM. (TAKEN)
    Last edited by zanchito; 23-09-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Activated Node
    I've got two Indie Royale Golden Jubilee keys up for grabs - PM.
    (Edit: All gone.)
    Last edited by Ragnar; 22-09-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Activated Node
    In case anyone is looking for coupons:
    65% Cities in Motion 2 (Oct 15)
    10% Toki Tori 2+ (Jul 11)
    10% Shadow Warrior (stacks, Sep 26)
    PM me if interested.

A question for you guys:
    I was checking my desura collection for the Steam key for Paranormal, and it that page there is is also a Desura key that simply says 'INVITE'. Do any of you have any idea what is that? is a key of the game to give to a friend, or is it more like a limited time pass?

---

never mind. it seems it is the key that I used to add the game to my library in the first place.. the name does sound misleading
    Last edited by Gotem; 24-09-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I've got a 65% off for Cities in motion 2.

It's a pretty good game. If you've played the first, you'll know what to expect. It's a better game than the first in many respects, though the city generation is a fair bit worse (they lack obvious 'hubs' like train stations that the first one had).

All in all, if you like simulation games like this it's well worth it.

Drop me a PM if interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

One: 50% Off Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Steam coupon looking for a new owner (Valid until Thu Oct 10 2013). PM or message me through steam.

Available:

One: 50% off Strike Suit Infinity (valid until tue oct 15 2013)
    One: 66% off Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity (valid until thu oct 17 2013)

Please PM me with Steam details if you are interested!