Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2205
    Doesn't come up on a search for me. Link?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I can confirm alms is a gentleman.

Obscure Node
    I have a copy of Uplink -- CLAIMED that has been sitting in my Steam inventory for approximately forever. I don't even know where or when I obtained it.

I also have the following Humble Bundle Steam keys for games I already owned:
    Titan Quest
    Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War -- CLAIMED
    Mirror's Edge -- CLAIMED
    Dead Space -- CLAIMED
    To the Moon
    Reus -- CLAIMED
    HOARD
    Last edited by Clement; 26-02-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clement View Post
    I have a copy of Uplink that has been sitting in my Steam inventory for approximately forever. I don't even know where or when I obtained it.

I also have the following Humble Bundle Steam keys for games I already owned:
    Titan Quest
    Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War
    Mirror's Edge
    Dead Space
    To the Moon
    Reus
    HOARD
    Nice to see that your first post is in the Kindness club. Welcome to the forums!
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Nice to see that your first post is in the Kindness club. Welcome to the forums!
    Seconded, not the usual kindness thread first post.

Obscure Node
    It's the reason I signed up. RPS is my favorite gaming site, and, in my opinion, has the best community. I've been lurking for a long time. Plus I've been burned a few times giving things away. Well, burned isn't the right word; disappointed, I guess? For instance, I received a free copy of Portal 2 during the ARG and I talked my coworker into playing it and he activated the key and proceeded to never ever play it, not even once. Eventually I decided to only give things away to those that really want them and RPS seemed like the best place to do so.

I also have 3 Steam keys for Defense Grid complete with all DLC if anyone is interested.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Stellar chap, that Clement person. *applauds*

I for one would not object to owning a copy of Uplink on Steam, if I may be so bold. That said, I did play it back in the days when it still looked realistic enough to make my then-partner go "you're not really hacking something, are you? Are you sure you're not really hacking something?", so that's a while ago. If anyone wants the title and has not yet played it, you should. :)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Stellar chap, that Clement person. *applauds*

I for one would not object to owning a copy of Uplink on Steam, if I may be so bold. That said, I did play it back in the days when it still looked realistic enough to make my then-partner go "you're not really hacking something, are you? Are you sure you're not really hacking something?", so that's a while ago. If anyone wants the title and has not yet played it, you should. :)
    No one has claimed it yet, so it's yours if you want it. You'll have to add me though, or else give me an email address, since I have to gift it out of the inventory.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/clement0

Sadly, I haven't even played Uplink yet. I haven't even played and I somehow received a second copy. It's still sitting in the great massive dark hole otherwise known as ye olde backlog.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    90% off Dominions 3 (Making it £1.50 on Steam)
    90% of Serious Sam 2 (70p on Steam)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cooper42

Drop me a message if you would like one of these.
    Last edited by Cooper; 21-02-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Clement View Post
    For instance, I received a free copy of Portal 2 during the ARG and I talked my coworker into playing it and he activated the key and proceeded to never ever play it, not even once. Eventually I decided to only give things away to those that really want them and RPS seemed like the best place to do so.
    Now, the coworker probably is a pretty specific case (and trying to talk people into playing things is a tricky business itself I suppose), but I wouldn't expect strangers off the internet to play gifted games right away. Pretty much everyone these days has more or less large backlogs and they might not want to play your game right now, maybe for fear of not finishing the one(s) they're playing right now, maybe because they're waiting for the right time, etc.

As a consequence, it often takes time before they get to play some games, regardless of whether they bought them themselves or were received as a gift. Expecting them to play right away is both a recipe for disappointment and a bit demanding IMO for a lot of reasons.

As long as the games are actually added to their accounts, I would not pay that much attention to what else they do. There is a certain satisfaction to be felt from seeing someone enjoying your gift, but I see that more like a plesant surprise than an expected outcome.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    I have a "invite a friend" beta key for the Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend. Any takers? (All I need is an email to forward it to, so the key can be activated.) I tried it a couple of weeks ago, and it is really not that bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Steam keys for the following, PM requests.

Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended Edition
    The Ship: Complete Pack
    Dwarfs?!
    Euro Truck Simulator
    Men of War: Red Tide
    Last edited by Fumarole; 05-03-2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: *red titles are claimed
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Some left overs from bemine bundle:

IL2-sturmovik: 1946 I've played it a little and have rewritten history: whichever side has me as a pilot is sure to lose plenty of units, sometimes even before making enemy contact.(taken)

Infected: the twin vaccine it is a hidden object game with zombies or something like that.

guns of icarus online, it looks like a co-op Keep Your Airship Afloat

PM me, max one game per person, I'll check my inbox in a few hours, eat fruit and vegetables.
    Last edited by Gotem; 03-03-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Sorry little bit late on this but if you've got a fast connection (it's a 25gb dl) and an urge to give the Elder Scrolls Online beta I've got a friend key going for whoever wants, just drop me a msg and I'll send it your way.
    so much for pathos

Obscure Node
    more duplicates/not wanted. Pm to claim Luxor Evolved - Steam -Moved on down the highway
    QBQBQB - Desura
    Saturday morning RPG - Steam - deaded
    Solar Flux - Steam - passed away
    Thunder Wolves - Steam - Gone to follow its dreams The Cat lady - Steam - tis gone
    Time gentlemen Please etc - Steam
    Pressure - Steam - flown the nest
    Eryl's Action (Again) Steam
    Last edited by mkivcs; 06-03-2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: goned

I got into Dead Island Epidemic beta, and they gave me four extra keys to share in Steam. I'm off to a pub quiz now, so I'll distribute them later to the first four eager monkeys.

Obscure Node
    Hello fellow Rockery Papered Shotgunae!

Instead of gifting one of my old games, I am going to give one of you, chosen at random, a game of your choosing from Steam. Within 36 hours of the time of this post reply, PM me with the name of the game you would like (less than 60USD). If yours is the name I choose at random, I will buy your selected game on Steam and gift it to you. I will make my random selection sometime this weekend. You will be notified by pm or email (let me know your preference in your pm) if you are the randomly selected person.

A few caveats (sorry for all this, but I just don't want something nice to turn into something ugly for me):

Please send only ONE pm to me ... Please! Subsequent pm's will be ignored, and if you send a lot of pm's I reserve the right to ignore you altogether. If you change your mind about what game you want, that's okay. If you are the randomly chosen recipient we can sync up after you are selected to make sure you get the game you want (again $60 max).

I am gifting ONE (1) game only to ONE (1) randomly chosen person only. I will let the rest of the community know through this forum the RPS forum moniker/nickname of the person chosen at random to receive this gift. To the extent that your forum moniker does not reveal any personally identifiable information about you, I promise to respect your privacy to the best of my ability.

Again, the price of the game cannot exceed $60 US - I ain't shelling out for your CoD Ghost Platinum Collector's Edition with the resin-cast dog model ... If that even exists. (I reserve the right to be flexible here.) Also, if you choose a $4 game, then that's the one game you get if you are the randomly chosen recipient. One game only. You may not, for example, request from me three games adding up to $60.

I am planning to gift this game through Steam, but I may be able to gift through other services, provided that I already belong to that service and that said service provides a built-in means to gift or otherwise transfer games. It should probably go without saying, but the game must be available for sale on Steam (or another service if I agree to use that service).

Lastly, I reserve the right to rescind my offer at any time for any reason without notice. This offer is not a promise of any sort, and is not an offer of cash. If RPS or any other authority intervenes and informs me that I cannot do this then I will obviously be unable to continue my gift giving. A ranking member of the RPS team did recommend this thread to me for this purpose, however they may not have known exactly how I intended to conduct my "gift-away".
    Last edited by chabuhi; 08-03-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Wow. That is mighty generous of you. Us poor college students sure appreciate these random acts of kindness.

Obscure Node
    Hey all - somebody pm'd me with an important consideration that I completely overlooked. I am in the U.S., so apparently that might impact your game choice if you're located in another region where a particular game may be region-locked. I hope that's not the case for the selected recipient, but if so, I guess that person will just have to choose a different game. Sorry if that's turns out to be the case, but I don't know that there's anything I can do about it.

For those of you who have already pm'd me, if you think you might be affected, don't bother sending me a new pm with a different game choice. If you're the randomly selected recipient we'll just change it when we sync up.

Also, to those who have sent pm's, thank you for your kind words and reciprocal offers from a few of you. As I mentioned to one such person, the last thing I need in my life is any more games, but thank you.

I am doing this because RPS has given me a lot of enjoyment, not the least of which comes from you all. I think RPS has the most civil - often friendly - and highly insightful community members. Yeah, we have our moments of breakdown, but for the most part we're a decent group of people. More than anything I really do enjoy the often very thoughtful responses to RPS articles and the frequent humor.

So, this is just my way of trying to give back a little bit.
    Last edited by chabuhi; 08-03-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    90% off Dominions 3 (Making it £1.50 on Steam)
    90% of Serious Sam 2 (70p on Steam)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cooper42

Drop me a message if you would like one of these.
    Send a friend req a few days ago for the Dom3 coupon.
    steam