Anyone interested in splitting a Chivalry four pack?

Howdy guys. So, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (by the guys who made the Age of Chivalry mod for Half-Life 2) is coming out on the 16th, and I figured I and anyone else interested might as well save a few bucks by going in on a four-pack. Gamersgate is selling them here for $75, so that'd be $18.75 each rather than $25. It activates on Steam, but I don't think the game will actually be released on Steam until the 16th.

Haven't seen a lot of coverage for the game, so if you haven't heard of it, check it out here: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/

Also some gameplay videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0kTAW-Un9o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ijb69jekYw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxFl4MNvdJs

These are from the beta so there are still some bugs, but it looks like a ton of fun to me, and I'm excited to play it. I'm not sure what the best way to do this would be, but there have been a few of these type of threads here in a the past that worked out, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Anyway yeah, let me know if you're interested :)

I'm really tempted, but I want to wait for a demo first, if there's even gonna be one?

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    it's a pretty great game. been in the beta for a minute, and i've had a blast. everything i wanted from wotr and more.

Quote Originally Posted by wahwah View Post
    I'm really tempted, but I want to wait for a demo first, if there's even gonna be one?
    Don't think so, I haven't heard anything about one at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Looks very nice.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Tempted, the game looks great, but waiting for the RPS WiT and probably a sale later in the year, I've too damned much to play at the moment as it is.

Obscure Node
    You can count me in, I added you on Steam directly since I didn't have an account on RPS but I think you blocked me...

Anyway, I registered here to let you know I'm interested, add me on Steam if you're still looking (my nickname is the same there: Novaflare).

Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    You can count me in, I added you on Steam directly since I didn't have an account on RPS but I think you blocked me...

Anyway, I registered here to let you know I'm interested, add me on Steam if you're still looking (my nickname is the same there: Novaflare).
    Ah ok, yeah sorry about that. :P Added ye.

Got four now, thanks guys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Give your thoughts on it after release.

Conceptually, it seems like the same game as War of the Roses, but by the Age of Chivalry people. I chose WotR since Total Biscuit (rightfully) said it was basically M&B's combat, whereas Age of Chivalry never felt right to me.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Will do man. Yeah, I was interested in WotR for a while, but from the videos so far, I prefer the combat, pace, and look of Chivalry much more. Plus the gore, haha. Those decapitations look so satisfying.

Edit: Also just a heads up. We saw that IGN Prime members get 15% off purchases on GamersGate, so I signed up for a month for $6.75 to save around $11, but there are some issues with the codes, and it's taken some people forever to get one. Hopefully it gets resolved quick, but just a warning for people thinking about doing that.

Edit again: Friend just told me about this; Curse is giving out Steam activatable beta keys if you have an account. Just registered and grabbed one while waiting for this Prime thing to work out. Here's the link: http://www.curse.com/betas/chivalry-medieval-warfare
    Last edited by Cosm; 09-10-2012 at 03:45 AM.

I think Criken sold me on this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1B9sHBbyhs

Anybody else doing a 4-pack? :)

Hey wahwah, me and a friend would be up for a 4 pack if you still need some people to split it with? We'd obviously need one more person though...

That Criken video is hilarious!

Hey! So does anyone play this? Can't find a thread in the clubs section. I've been wanting to get it, but none of my usual crowd seem interested enough to buy it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I play it. I like it a lot.

Here's a good video that explains some of the details of dueling. You won't duel all the time (except on dueling servers), but it is the most technical and intense combat in the game. The guy who made the video is very good, so you don't quite get a sense of how difficult it can be, but there are some good tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHeK1...4&feature=plcp

The guy's other videos are also good. Here's one on advanced combat tricks (there's a great duel at the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnRx...7&feature=plcp
    Last edited by Giaddon; 06-11-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Oh yeah, heads up: It is on Gamersgate now. So if you find an american with the IGN discount, it will be something like 15 dollars per person. I was tempted, but I'll wait for the thanksgiving/cyber friday/black guy monday sale.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Hey! So does anyone play this? Can't find a thread in the clubs section. I've been wanting to get it, but none of my usual crowd seem interested enough to buy it.
    I'd be down to play with ya, just send me an invite on Steam.

No RPS group? :(

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    It seems like there is no 4-pack-splitting in progress right now, so I'd like to start one:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is currently 50 % off on Steam which takes the 4-pack down to 34.99/ 28.49/$ 37.49 respectively. The US get the best deal, so any buyer from the States is welcome, but the and prices are not that far off either. I would, in fact, like to get 2 copies so only 2 additional participants are needed.

If you're interested, just shoot a PM my way and we'll work something out!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Only 8 hours left on the daily deal! It's probably the best chance to get Chivalry for cheap (at least before Christmas, that is) ...