Network Hub

Another Zombie MMOFPS doodad...

So I'm a fan of the Zombie fiction sub genre and enjoyed the atmospheric yet bug laden DayZ mod, despite 30% success in joining servers, struggling to pick up items and the 45 degree zigzagging zombies etc.

The ARMA 2 engine is a great simulator, however it has some major flaws which can kill immersion, so whilst I'm kinda looking forward to DayZ standalone, I'm not expecting a seismic shift from the mod.

WarZ looks like a cleaner, streamlined engine (and you can pick things up!!), however my biggest worry is that it is the Counter Strike of Zombie games. Not my cup of tea.

So despite having two huge MMOFPS Zombie titles coming out imminently I'm kind of underwhelmed.

Then I spotted this:

http://www.thedeadlinger.com

The concept and approach seem to hit the spot....

Anyone else following this game?

They [these zombie games] all kind of blur into one, don't they? Some stand out to me, like DayZ, and Project Zomboid, but this one just goes in my box labelled "all them zombie games", and tomorrow if you asked me which one Linger was I'd maybe guess it was the side scrolling platformer one.

Network Hub
    True, and to be fair this one might be utter crap..

That said there are pleeeeeeeeeenty of high fantasy, WW2 and hard Sci Fi games.. the zombie genre ain't that big.

With as little information as they have right now, what's there to be really excited about?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    I saw the alpha footage of this and frankly, it looks absolutely terrible. I mean just dreadful. And before you point out it's alpha, The War Z is in Alpha as well, has A LOT of problems but compared to this it's AAA material