Hybrid View

Network Hub

P2 install problems

Hey folks

After about 38% installation on Planetside 2, I get the following error:

*Error: Unable to write to C:/Program Files (x86)/P2 BETA/Resources/Assets/Assets_091.pack - http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/pa...5faae04dbf7f50. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.

Anyone else experienced this?
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Nevermind, it seems that running Launchpad as administrator solved the problem. Doesn' t make sense to me at all since it could install the first 38% in normal mode, but, hey... problem solved.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Obscure Node
    We have an eclipse feature that is licensed and the license is handled by our own code. The user can go in on our update-site and upgrade his feature. The problem we face is when the user's license needs to be updated before he can use the new upgrade.

What I want to do is to validate the feature version against the users license and warn the user that his license needs to be updated before he install.

I thought I would do this using a custom eclipse p2 touchPoint action validateLicense

Example:
    My code is called, where I validate the version against the user's license. If it fails I warn the user and he can then cancel the installation.

So my first question is:
    Do I get this right, or is it some other way to do this?

thanks

dainik bhasker