Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

|The Evil Within [Shinji Mikami, the creator of the Resident Evil]|

Shinji Mikami, the father of survival horror, is back to direct The Evil Within™ – a game embodying the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension.

Plot:

When Detective Sebastian Castellanos and his partner rush to the scene of a gruesome mass murder, a mysterious, powerful force is lying in wait for them. Witnessing the killing of fellow police officers one after another, Sebastian is then attacked and loses consciousness. Waking up in a land where monsters are wandering about, he has to fight his way through a world of death and his close friend's madness in order to understand what's going on. Sebastian has to face his fears in order to survive on a journey to discover what lies in the shadows of that mysterious force.

Release date: 2014-something.

PCGAMER first preview:

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-...-an-old-haunt/

I remember seeing the E3 gameplay vid and being rather underwhelmed. Here's to hoping that it'll turn good (like REmake-good), though. Survival horror genre sure could use some revitalization, especially since Konami seems to be ping-ponging Silent Hill from one dev to another and Nintendo refusing to bring Fatal Frame to NA/EU.

I'm positive about this,i don't know why but i have this feeling this game if going to deliever.

Also from PCGAMER:

It’s this to-and-fro between scripted scares and tense exploration that makes The Evil Within exciting. There’s also a simplicity to its interface, and a brutality to the design of its monsters, that recalls progressive indie horror games like Amnesia. Mainstream survival horror is in desperate need of revitalisation, and this is shaping up to be the game to do it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    My issue with the gameplay they've shown so fair is it showed that important items, like weapons and keys are highlighted in the game world. Hopefully that's optional and you can turn it off.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Well if he wants to create something really atmospheric,he will turn that shit off..But not sure,he is creator of RE4,and if you remember all items in there were shiny as christmas tree :D

E3 Walkthrough for those who didn't saw it(Including me lol)

Banned
    People who make shooters with TPP camera should all be forbidden from making videogames.

People who make shooters with TPP over the shoulder camera should be put to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    People who make shooters with TPP camera should all be forbidden from making videogames.

People who make shooters with TPP over the shoulder camera should be put to death.
    People who confuse opinions with facts should be forbidden to post.

Banned
    Then why are you?

Fuck of dude,you never say anything nice..I forbid you entrance to this thread! Now be gone my russian sadness.

Found another preview,better then pcgamer's one.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-to-his-roots/

With Resident Evil slowly transforming into the world's dumbest action movie, The Evil Within is a welcome return to survival horror. It mixes the over-the-shoulder combat (and chainsaw-wielding nutters) of Resident Evil 4 with the grim, psychological horror of Silent Hill, and the id Tech-powered visuals are beautifully atmospheric.

New trailer showing allot of stuff,looking good so far.

Banned
    Sound like a noob question but...... how could producers of similar works sleep well at night? Or do they?

Yeah they must kinda unique people to do stuff like that. For example concept artists for horror games,tend to go to places you would never go just to get inspiration for drawings. They tend to look at pictures with mutilated bodies and crap like that :|

In my opinion they don't even know what sleep means lol :'(