Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Ending: Just want to say that if you don't add more wounds to the tormented city, if you are merciful and don't let the chaos rise, you are awarded with a beautiful ending.

Just finished it for the first time (estimated time 25 hours), this game is really something.
    Last edited by Revisor; 12-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Network Hub
    I just got to Lord Regent. Not sure on play time so far.
    Only had one kill through the game so far. Not even sure who it was.

Is it just me, or are Sleep Darts rather OP? Especially against Overseers. They are pretty cheap (I've been getting a solid 50% cash on each level) and are a one-shot 'kill' on anything. Even if in combat, they have time for maybe one sword swing. Get Crossbow accuracy and reload and it's a machine sniper rifle.

And an amazing technique: Lean out, Blink behind.
    Which is why I choke everyone. Feels fairer.

Sleep darts are strong, but you don't have enough of them for everyone.
    And you still have to take care of the body. And it's not without noise.
    And they don't work on the Tallboys.

What is really strong in tight situations is the stop time power - but that's again pretty expensive, in runes as well as mana.

Blink is THE power, at least for me. Blink and double jump provide so much fun. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Man, that heart really is brilliant.

I killed a bunch of people. Feels good.

Obscure Node
    Possession level 2 is a fantastic power too, especially when you've got guards sticking stubbornly in a group. Walk them to a hidden corner, dispossess, eliminate. It's almost a guaranteed safe knockout. Just save first because whether it will let you choke seems to be a little hit-and-miss after dispossessing.

Also yeah the heart is amazing. Is it supposed to be the heart of who I think it is?

[QUOTE=Revisor;200875]Just want to say that if you don't add more wounds to the tormented city, if you are merciful and don't let the chaos rise, you are awarded with a beautiful ending.

Just finished it for the first time (estimated time 25 hours), this game is really something.[/
    QUOTE]

Could you spoiler this please? I was reading this thread for info on whether I should get the game and now I've read a mechanical spoiler.

Sorry, Alex, I hope I didn't spoil your experience. It's a wonderful game. Absolutely buy it.

For people who finished it and want to talk about some details, please come here
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...hen-come-here)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Finished last night too, low chaos run. I'd like to have done it with zero deaths, but it's bloody difficult not to kill anyone by accident. All it takes is a rat swarm you didn't see and that's that. Shame about the predictable 'plot twist', I think everyone saw it coming 50 miles away.

Obscure Node
    still early in the game but I am loving it. for my first run I decided just to murder anyone and everyone I can. When I decide to do another play through I will up it to the hardest difficulty and try to keep chaos as low as possible and not kill a soul. My first runs with these types of games are usually a bloodbath anyway though since I am getting used to the mechanics and tend to screw up a lot.

Not even done with the first actual assassination yet, but I feel like I know the world better than some FPS worlds I've played through entirely.

The heart may be the single best device ever conceived of.

And it's possible to kill pretty much every NPC you see. Every. That includes the boatman as I found out on sheer accident and immediately reloaded a save.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    Finished it. It does get a bit weak after the Lord Regent mission.

Minor Spoiler:The first area after it is assassin spam, then River Krust spam.

Managed to complete it with only 2 kills. Gunna give a 'Bloody Ghost' run a go. Everyone dies, nobody sees.
    Last edited by Barnox; 12-10-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Network Hub
    This Penny Arcade comic (http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/10/10) nicely encapsulates my thoughts on the story. It seemed a bit confused and more an amalgamation of "cool ideas" they cobbled together in a brainstorm session as opposed to something well put together by an actual writer.

*spoiler alert*
    I would have expected them to delve more into what the supernatural events were all about (i.e. the Outsider and Grannie Rags) rather than them simply being half-assed explanations for why Corvo has magic powers or existing as a tumorous moral choice.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just finished a pacifist ghost run on very hard. Zero kills, zero detection, zero difficulty too :/. Enemies are still basically blind on VH so long as you avoid being in a brightly lit area (or a sudden drop in fps makes you screw up a blink jump and land right in front of an enemy, but hey, that sort of shit is what save scumming is really for) and the difficulty doesn't make the AI any different or increase their numbers. I am disappoint.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    This Penny Arcade comic (http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/10/10) nicely encapsulates my thoughts on the story. It seemed a bit confused and more an amalgamation of "cool ideas" they cobbled together in a brainstorm session as opposed to something well put together by an actual writer.
    Or artist. I simply don't understand the reason for the slightly cartoony style for characters and textures. You don't make a cartoony dystopia. That just doesn't work.

*spoiler alert*
    I would have expected them to delve more into what the supernatural events were all about (i.e. the Outsider and Grannie Rags) rather than them simply being half-assed explanations for why Corvo has magic powers or existing as a tumorous moral choice.
    Agreed on everything. Getting superpowers from a God you know nothing about just after the first mission was so bizarre. And so was the low chaos ending.

Well, I was preaching another Bioshock and that's exactly what it was; another attempt at an "ambitious" shooter that just fails and we get a slightly above average game where you simply choke enemies instead of shooting them in the face.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Mohorovicic@ Do you even like any game,because i only see you complaining about them how they suck and shit :D

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Mohorovicic@ Do you even like any game,because i only see you complaining about them how they suck and shit :D
    I'm not him, but... No he doesn't. XD

As you know, Dishonored already has received many awards, as well as very positive critics from the press. However, it is always interesting to have an idea of what the various players really thought of the game: did it fulfil their expectations? What are its main assets or flaws? How did they play for their first run?

In order to share your opinions about this game, here is a public survey about Dishonored, made by GameStatistics:

Survey on Dishonored

This survey is designed for any kind of player who already has played Dishonored, PC or consoles. It has not been asked by developers / publishers of the game, and answering it should not take more than 10 minutes. It will be open until end of next week.

In any cases, I will come back to you at the end of the survey to summary its main results.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

A few more information about GameStatistics:
    GameStatistics makes quick and simple surveys on videogames topics. Only French players have been interviewed up to now, but we would like from now to have the opinions of English-speaking players too. The various sentences of the questionnaire may not be totally appropriate / correctly written, but do no hesitate to make any comments or suggestion about this (so as we can improve this part for further surveys)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dishonored is getting a GOTY edition with all the DLC.

I held off this summer once the August DLC was annouced. Seems I will be waiting until Steam holiday sale to pick this up.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The usual question, is the DLC even worth it? It rarely is, in my experience.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mouton View Post
    The usual question, is the DLC even worth it? It rarely is, in my experience.
    Yes. The story DLC is like dishonored, but with better characters, a better story, and on the whole, better levels, with a slightly rejigged power set that keeps it interesting.