Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Some people think Borderlands' style is beautiful while I think it's ugly and annoying, so let's just say we agree to disagree :).

Bethesda's games only ammount to a small percentage of my total game collection.
    Building, fixing and using PCs since 1999. Only PCs. Always PCs.

I get where you're coming from, Sheshy. Bad mouse input alone can kill a game for me. It's not a matter of principle, of deciding not to like the game because it doesn't meet my checklist. I just don't enjoy playing games that 'feel wrong'. If I'm going to spend hours moving around a virtual world, I need to enjoy that movement, or at least not be put off by it.

The mouse acceleration can be turned off and I have no problem with the controls whatsoever. Of course I spent the first hour tuning the keyboard layout.

Network Hub
    Yeah, first thing I did was look at the controls, max out mouse speed and turn off acceleration and smoothing.
    Bloody fantastic game, I say, even thought I only got up to the first Wall of Light.

If anyone else was worried about the mechanics behind mana and Blink (I know I was, wondering if you get infinite Blink jumps when they said you have finite mana) I've marked it in spoilers below (because useful information, but something you discover early on)
    A small portion of the mana bar regenerates, letting you activate Dark Vision or Blink effectively for free every few seconds.
    Last edited by Barnox; 10-10-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Has anyone tried it with a controller yet? My PC set up is currently in a state of flux (I can only play on a TV and sitting on a couch) so mouse and keyboard are out for the minute. I assume it must be okay given it has come out on consoles and doesn't focus on shooting but I'm worried the blink mechanic will be a pain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    So this game is awesome.
    I finally got to the first actual mission and I can't advance! I just reload the save at the beginning of the level and go take out the first guards I see in some way I haven't done before... reload and do it again, differently! Great fun.

I have a question for others playing- Is there a way to just nudge or push a guard? There are so many standing precariously close to ledges!

Network Hub
    Unless you invest points in Fus Ro Dah, I don't think so.
    Maybe parry them? It seems to make them recoil a fair bit, but it is hardly stealthy.

I also noticed that you can choke hold and drag them back a bit at the same time. I think. Further testing is needed!

Yeah sometimes it feels like I can pull a guard while choking, but other times it seems to not respond if I try to move back.

I will experiment with just sprinting into their backs to knock them over. I can't parry them because I want to do it from behind, and Parry becomes choke (I don't mind context sensitive buttons, but I'd prefer otherwise).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    It might be because old-school games were designed to be fun to play, but new school games seem to be designed to be fun to watch.
    You can't put "fun to play" in a trailer.
    pass

You can drag the guards but only backwards. Not forward, not sideways.
    Also there is a power to blow the enemies away, but I'm not sure how noisy and effective it is, since I haven't invested in it yet.

Activated Node
    amazing game, and:

- you can turn off mouse smoothing/acceleration

- you can turn off the objective pointers, not in options, but in your journal, press shift to turn it off

- great performance also, my rig is below minimum specs, it runs beautiful on high settings
    Last edited by peschiNL; 10-10-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Hang on, you can't kick in this game?!
    Dark Messiah still reigns supreme, then.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    the humorous bit is that you can /get/ kicked, but can do no kicking.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Man, you must've loved Bulletstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by peschiNL View Post
    amazing game, and:

- you can turn off mouse smoothing/acceleration

- you can turn off the objective pointers, not in options, but in your journal, press shift to turn it off

- great performance also, my rig is below minimum specs, it runs beautiful on high settings
    and my favorite- the install location is just full of *.ini files!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    I have a question for others playing- Is there a way to just nudge or push a guard? There are so many standing precariously close to ledges!
    Slide into them. They may notice you as you sprint toward them, though :)

After turning off smoothing and acceleration, is the mouse still dodgy? A lot of modern games have pretty bad input lag, which I think tends to be a certain number of frames -- so at a low framerate it will feel terrible, and at a high framerate relatively okay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Edit. Ups wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MD! View Post
    After turning off smoothing and acceleration, is the mouse still dodgy?
    With mouse smoothing off and VSync off the mouse controls are spot on.

Anybody know if guards killing each other with friendly fire and splash damage is going to count as murders I committed when I get to the end of a mission?