Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Network Hub
    I'm not too sure.

I was sure I didn't kill anyone during mission #1 or #2, yet events during each had people dying, but not by my hand.
    Mission #1 ended with a death toll of 1.
    Mission #2 ended with a death toll of 0.

Exact situations below:
    #1: Thugs fighting over elixer.
    #2: Weepers mauling a thug.

But most likely I accidentally killed someone.

I'm wondering, then, how it differentiates between you KO-ing someone and them being eaten by roaming rats, or if the rats were released by an area by you (like by removing oil batteries or opening doors).
    Maybe it counts as a kill in each?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnox View Post
    I'm wondering, then, how it differentiates between you KO-ing someone and them being eaten by roaming rats, or if the rats were released by an area by you (like by removing oil batteries or opening doors).
    Maybe it counts as a kill in each?
    Counts as a kill either way...

Good guide here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/08/di...s-no-spoilers/
    Last edited by Polycrates; 11-10-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShEsHy View Post
    Some people think Borderlands' style is beautiful while I think it's ugly and annoying, so let's just say we agree to disagree :).
    The problem is though that playing the first half an hour of a game and then dismissing it is kind of akin to watching the first 5 minutes of a film and writing it off. How much credence is anyone supposed to give your assessment at the end of the day?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Banned
    He's saying he doesn't like the art style. It's not like it's going to change halfway through the game.

Let's get to what actually matters.

How are people who are actually playing the game liking it so far? What's good and what's not so good?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    He's saying he doesn't like the art style. It's not like it's going to change halfway through the game.
    *sigh*

No he wasn't. His analogy regarding the borderlands art style was an attempt to validate his half baked opinions with respect to his earlier comment about Dishonored: -

Now I don't mean the story, since I quit before I actually got too far into it and would be forced to complete it (it's a personality thing), but the game is bad, there's no other way of putting it. The mouse has some weird kinks (similar to negative acceleration, but not quite it), the textures are cartoonish, the interface is consolish (not to mention the unskippable intros and lines of dialogue, the "press any key to continue" bulls##t,...), the writing is bad (at least is was up to the point I quit) and I could go on, but I'll rather stop before I write something that will get me banned :).
    The guy played barely half an hour yet assures us the game is bad.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 11-10-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Yep, just finished the level and enemies killing each other with friendly fire counted as me killing someone. Drats.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m half-way through the 1st real level after the tutorial and these are some random thoughts:

I like it so far and I really love the art style although it does seem a bit washed out at some points.

I like the stealth and the different routes you can take. I might have preferred shadow/light system but LOS is good for me.

Somehow it reminds me of DX:HR. I think that, like DX:HR, I will sneak my way through most levels only to get fed up during the last two and proceed to murder everyone.

Also I don't understand why people worry so much about killing/incapacitating. Kill or incapacitate as you please, who cares about scores at the end of the level. Since it's set in a dystopia, I think I will become an agent of chaos. The guards should have found a different job like all honest people.

I can imagine that the supernatural powers can become OP later on.

I loved it when while sneaking in a house I accidentally pushed a glass that was on a table. It fell down and the guards came in the room to see what made the noise.

I don't like the locked camera during cut-scences and that the maximum you can set FOV to is 85. At least there is an option to increase it though.

It's running flawlessly on my PC and loads instantly.

The story doesn't seem to be anything special so far but might become more interesting. or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    How are people who are actually playing the game liking it so far? What's good and what's not so good?
    I already replied a few posts ago.

In short: It's a wonderful game where everything works perfectly or nearly perfectly. Unlike during my first post I'm already deep in the game (near the end I suspect sadly). The level design is superb, your movement through the architecture unhindered, there is no signposting of alternate routes, they just flow naturally. The amount of details is astonishing, from NPC diaries, overheard dialogues, explorer logs, letters, to how your choices affect the world.

The best thing for me (explorer gamer mostly) is that the whole game is stuffed with secret nooks, crannies, hardly accessible apartments, but doesn't force you to explore by achievements or XP (like Deus Ex: HR did).

The story, dialogues, storytelling and voice acting are all great. Sound design is almost up to the level of Thief.

It's one of the best games I've ever played, up there with Deus Ex, Thief, System Shock, living up to the nostalgia and then improving upon it, the return of the lost immersive son.

Well, that wasn't so short.

Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    I already replied a few posts ago.
    It got lost in the sea of bile of two angry posters yabbering at each other. Can't wait to start it up later today.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Well, so far I'm loving the game, just a few problems... For example, during the first post-pub mission I incapacitated Curnow to safe him from being murdered, and got rid of the target on a no-lethal way. Then got back to Curnow, and had to take him to "a safe place". The bad thing is that I had my objectives marker turned of, and I had to put him into an specific container. How should I know where to take him without the marker? I eventually had to turn it on, since I didn't have any idea about which "safe-place" I had to take him to.

Apart from that, as I said, loving the game.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    I eventually had to turn [the objective marker] on
    Ugh. This is why I don't trust games that have quest markers on by default with the "option" to turn them off. They design the game with markers in mind, and they never actually test that option.

I didn't have any problem with a missing quest marker (playing with a minimal HUD). I solved this particular situation in a different way.
    Spoiler:
    I saved Curnow by smashing the bottle of poisoned wine.

Network Hub
    Actually, it is fairly reasonable in it's non-objectiveness.

Buildings are signposted as to what they are, some large structures carry maps of their layout and you can find everything else through exploration.

Although, I had to turn it on the first time in the pub to find Pierre.

EDIT:
    Goddamnit every time I load the game I need to recalibrate all my settings.

EDIT2:
    Also, first bug I came across. I chokegrabbed someone and pulled them back, and somehow moved halfway down the road. I was trying to pull him into a house midway down the road, and ended up at the gate at the end.
    Last edited by Barnox; 11-10-2012 at 06:54 PM.

yes, it's fairly good, but, in this specific situation... It sucked. >.<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    Ugh. This is why I don't trust games that have quest markers on by default with the "option" to turn them off. They design the game with markers in mind, and they never actually test that option.
    Actually for the most part if feels like the opposite. That was one example.

A lot of things, like a heart that plays hotter-colder, seem built without waypoints in mind, and activating the waypoints basically breaks this item. Lucky each type of waypoint marker is a separate on/off option. And quest waypoints can easily be left "on" but disabled/enabled in the journal screen.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Well, so far I'm loving the game, just a few problems... For example, during the first post-pub mission I incapacitated Curnow to safe him from being murdered, and got rid of the target on a no-lethal way. Then got back to Curnow, and had to take him to "a safe place". The bad thing is that I had my objectives marker turned of, and I had to put him into an specific container. How should I know where to take him without the marker? I eventually had to turn it on, since I didn't have any idea about which "safe-place" I had to take him to.

Apart from that, as I said, loving the game.
    My thoughts exactly. Curse you, arbitrary safe spot!

This game certainly allows my explorer side to gorge itself. I spent 4 hours on the first post-tutorial mission. I still didn't find everything. I left a dog kennel I came across unexplored on purpose to leave something for my next playthrough.

For exploration, atmosphere, art design eye candy and being a sneaky magical ninja alone this game is awesome. I do have concerns about the limited number of magical abilities, and the small amount of weapons. I also don't really like the limitations on possession: I die when it dies, I can't do anything other than walk (as an animal). I wish they'd made possession more nuanced. Blink strangulation is pretty awesome though. Being able to blink while carrying a body does seem a bit OP :).

Awesome game, no regrets so far. This and Walking Dead are tied for my potential GOTY to date.
    Last edited by fuzzy logic; 11-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.

I disabled the heart markers right away, recommend the same to others.
    You can still hear the position of magical items (and see them as an orange dot/outline), no need to see a huge sign on the screen all the time.

Network Hub
    The game is bloody brilliant, and I implore you all to turn off quest markers. You may need to turn them on momentarily every couple of hours of play to find something, but in general it just makes the game so much better without them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    I like to check them at the beginning of a level, just to see the general direction of the goal. Mostly so I can avoid going there first.