AVWW 2 - no mouse

I downloaded the beta from Steam and tried the game. The controls were fine in AVWW1 and now they STREAMLINED them.
    To "balance" things they ditched the mouse support in the game. Haha. Just keyboard or gamepad. The mouse can only be used in the options menu.

Uninstalled..... :(

Edit: A somewhat strange explanation why there is no mous support. http://www.arcengames.com/forums/ind...ljf2m9rgg7e5v1
    Last edited by sk2k; 22-12-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    There's little point in posting this here, far better to take it to Arcen's forums. You're hardly the only one that has an issue with this. I find it hard to believe it won't be changed, considering how responsive Arcen generally is to such things. That they seem to be somewhat stubborn on this point is all the more reason to make your voice heard where it matters:

http://www.arcengames.com/forums/ind...c,12199.0.html
    Last edited by vinraith; 22-12-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    They're making a sequel to that?

It was okay, nothing special. And apparently it only even reached that point after a year or two of patching. So a sequel seems a bit optimistic. Ah well, I'll probably grab it and love it a year or two after release :P
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    They're making a sequel to that?

It was okay, nothing special. And apparently it only even reached that point after a year or two of patching. So a sequel seems a bit optimistic. Ah well, I'll probably grab it and love it a year or two after release :P
    If you own the first, you already own the second as well, since it's free for anyone that bought the original.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This is how Arcen work y'see - they make a game which contains about 250% of what it needs to contain but wrap it in about 40% of the "game"

They then busy themselves listening to players and tweaking and adding stuff - some is DLC, most is 'free'.

Over time the games get a bit better and the players get a bit more accustomed to the game - things meet in the middle and we all like each other.

If you don't get that - fine - but I suspect it's more your loss because I've had a tonne of fun in AVWW (tho I never clicked with AI War and I know other people feel the same way about that!?)

My, what a perfect demonstration of the idiom 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater'.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Ah, if they are giving it free to the people who bought the original than cool. My main complaint was that they released a 'meh" game, made it "pretty good", and then were seemingly releasing a sequel almost immediately. That would be like Bohemia Interactive releasing the sequel to an OFP/ArmA right after the patch that makes it playable :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Sounds like Bohemia : )

They made it a "free sequel" instead of a patch because it's different enough from the first game that if they simply patched its features back into the first game they would have ruined the first game for people who liked the first game the way it is.

The side-scrolling platforming bits in AVWW 2 are lot more focused and linear than in AVWW 1 and cut a lot of features from AVWW 1 that don't fit as well.
    Last edited by Professor Paul1290; 23-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.