Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    A gas station full of yellow cabs in Paris.
    Yep. Yellow cabs in London.

It's a tiny amount of work to create a small amount of country-specific flavour. They did it with signage in some places, but a little more would have helped a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    RE: Intercepting terror UFOs- Yeah it's an option in an ini file. Apparently you can't just go change the 0 to a 1, but a bunch of mods fix it in addition to whatever else they mod.

I've been playing with Second Wave options and though they can be unbalancing I still don't see a good reason to not include them for after completing the campaign once.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Check out the mods in xcom.nexusmods.com

There are plenty of mods that will let you shoot those ufo before the abduct or cause terror.
    Firaxis disable mods that change main .exe file. If people wants to play mods now, they have to put Steam offline and try to play the game like this. Otherwise game will try to replace modded .exe with correct one.

Obscure Node
    I have a gameplay-question guys. Can you ignore terror-missions without losing a country? Can you ignore at all? The first one just came up and I'm woefully unprepared for chrysalids, due to a squad wipe or 2. (Classic Iron-man will do that to you!) Any pointers?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You will most likely lose the country if you ignore terror mission, and also have a panic increase on the continent I believe. You can do the first terror mission with rookies. Bring grenades and all the heavies you have left. Don't be afraid do abandon cover when they close in and make sure you save at least one civilian. Also, civilians in the fog of war die randomly after a while even without enemies.

I don't think you can afford another squad wipe after this, at least on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi
    Also, civilians in the fog of war die randomly after a while even without enemies.
    Are you sure about this? I believe these 'random' deaths actually happen when enemies who move around in the fog of war run into civilians and snuff them out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    A map editor would be the best way to solve this games problems, and the community would do it for them so it would be pretty cheap. This has to happen.
    How can they sell DLC if they release a map editor ?
    Besides, you can count sales of DLC. It's much harder to count sales of base game thanks to a vibrant map making scene.
    pass

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Guardian View Post
    Are you sure about this? I believe these 'random' deaths actually happen when enemies who move around in the fog of war run into civilians and snuff them out.
    That can happen too, obviously, but I am certain all civilians die eventually by themselves. On one of the maps there were a couple of civilians out of reach on a rooftop, so I left them there thinking no alien would go kill them. After a couple of turns one of them died, so I immediately sent up an assault to scout, but he couldn't find anyone. Next turn another dies in the fog on the same rooftop, again with no enemy near. The only aliens left on the map were the group of mutons I was currently fighting and there was no way they could have gone up there while I wasn't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
    Besides, you can count sales of DLC. It's much harder to count sales of base game thanks to a vibrant map making scene.
    Tell that to Bohemia Interactive.

Quote Originally Posted by flagoon View Post
    Firaxis disable mods that change main .exe file. If people wants to play mods now, they have to put Steam offline and try to play the game like this. Otherwise game will try to replace modded .exe with correct one.
    Hmm thats odd. Im using "marathon mod" and I just disable the automatic update in steam. Its working fine and when I check the exe its still the modded one.(the file is larger than the original)
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
    Well it isn't really a pro-gamer choice, but they can add really nice features in DLC for the map editor, and all players who want to use those maps must have the DLC.

Hmm thats odd. Im using "marathon mod" and I just disable the automatic update in steam. Its working fine and when I check the exe its still the modded one.(the file is larger than the original)
    yeah it doesn't seem to be as bad as originally "reported." Just don't let Steam update the game.

Support troops with the Sprinter perk and Skeleton suit are amazing. They can move like, half the length of the map with one move, and the entire map with a dash. Plus with two item slots you can outfit them with powerful medkits and arc throwers. Running up to an unsuspecting xeno and zapping him becomes trivial. Having two (or four) uses of smoke grenades is also quite an asset. The supports now are the core of my outfit. Other than that I use two assaults (one with a shotgun), a sniper and a heavy.

Yeah that can be an awesome build. Try arc thrower + combat stims with that guy.

I like the skeleton suit but on some maps its grapple is useless. It'd be nice to have a briefing with a hint at the landscape before getting in the sky ranger.

Banned
    Somewhere I heard this game is getting steam works, so with any luck.....

Time Units.

I want that shit back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have to say that I don't miss them. I'm playing the original XCOM now and the time units aspect is annoying. The game is wonderful but there are some things that are just irritating because correct play and tedious play coincide. Time unit faffing is one thing, checking the graphs every few hours and sending interceptors pissing around the world is another.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Somewhere I heard this game is getting steam works, so with any luck.....

Time Units.

I want that shit back.
    Is that steamworks or steam workshop?

Because from what I read its the opposite.

http://xcom.nexusmods.com/news/13/

@Sparkasaurusmex

The ghost armor have grapple too right?

The game seems to be odly sexist I discovered.
    Ignoring the fact that the male soldiers outnumber the female soldiers; I have never, ever seen a female heavy and when women do appear they more often then not are support class, then in equal meassure snipers or assault.
    A rather strange design decission.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Given the classes appear assigned based on what you do with them, it rather suggests that it's your usage of them that's sexist! I've only had one woman in support - the vast majority of female xcom soldiers in my games end up as assault.

@Sparkasaurusmex

The ghost armor have grapple too right?
    Yes.

also I like the way the game uses the two movement points over time units.