Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    And now the community is split for the length of the campaign, when community cohesion was listed as one of the reasons for self-facilitating the funding process. Not too juicy, this.
    "waa we want kickstarter, the community coherence excuse is bullshit waa"
    They start up a kickstarter... 'waaaaa but now they split the community'

Make up your minds.

As much as they tried to cater to them, I don't think the "community cohesion" thing is really a big deal right now.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    "waa we want kickstarter, the community coherence excuse is bullshit waa"
    They start up a kickstarter... 'waaaaa but now they split the community'

Make up your minds.
    Burp. I have a mind. I backed on RSI and did not request Kickstarter. I have no idea why people weren't comfortable pledging outside its apparently lulling bosom. That made no sense to me, especially since RSI had a refund-if-goal-not-met option.

I didn't say split the community, full stop. I said for the length of the campaign. Project comment sections have several functions, which include shaping the course of the campaign, providing consensus-style feedback on the project itself, and generating excitement, which potential backers can see at a glance. And the majority of the project's backers can't participate there. The forums are a great place for specific topics, but they don't provide a meeting place for an all-in-one conversation, one that promotes comradery and fosters a community will to see a campaign succeed.

Forums tend to be more disparate places, where people seem to have an internet boner for shitting out hostility all over everyone else for no good reason.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    I have no idea why people weren't comfortable pledging outside its apparently lulling bosom. That made no sense to me, especially since RSI had a refund-if-goal-not-met option.
    Because people are idiots. Just look at all the "No buy if not on Steam" comments that pop up every single time a game is announced.

Combined total between Kickstarter and the main Star Citizen RSI site is at $1,798,916. That's just a sneeze away from 90% funded.

Word is the Kickstarter site will have some specific stretch goals, different from the main site's. Hopefully they don't start talking about the $6 mil stretch goal, because that'd be kinda stupid. One stretch goal at a time, folks.

As of right now, Star Citizen is at a combined $1,989,802 funds raised. That's 99% baby.

Additionally, for those who were waiting on pledge ship-gift information, there's a whole slew of stats and flight/combat theory here: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ships-plan/

UPDATE: $2,000,000 reached. We shall have, in our lifetime, one more space sim.
    Last edited by RakeShark; 25-10-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    And I still haven't pledged. One of those "I do that tomorrow" things...

And controlling ships with several people (pilot and gunners) sounds pretty awesome. Always wanted to do that since the Tie-Fighter combat with the Millenium Falcon.
    Last edited by bonkers; 25-10-2012 at 11:48 AM.

And now for the newest update:

Everyone who pledged gets a robot. You get a robot! You, you get a robot! Robots for everyone! The repair kind, at least.

The next kickstarter milestone will see the pilotable player ship cap raised to a "Corvette", which looks like somewhere between a tank and an assault shuttle for boarding actions. Oh, in case you didn't see it, there will be boarding actions in Star Citizen. For the next overall combined milestone, they're looking at $2.5 mil for another new ship. Finally, the $3 mil milestone will have depth and additions to the single player campaign, the multiplayer component, the community updates, and probably some odds and ends. The stretch goal list can be found here: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.co...stretch-goals/

There is also some rumor and speculation that one of the kickstarter stretch goals is bobbleheads and toy dinosaurs to decorate your cockpit in game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RakeShark View Post
    Oh, in case you didn't see it, there will be boarding actions in Star Citizen.
    I thought the game was only fighter/bomber/frigate deal. Interesting.

I wish I could fly capital ships.
    Maybe in the future.

I thought I spotted somewhere in the middle stretch goals that a destroyer was to be designed as a player-flyable ship.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I imagine down the line capital ships will be pilotable.

I'm very excited about this project. The idea of running around with a few friends and doing whatever it is you decide to do sounds utterly exciting. I look forward to flying with some RPS pilots.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by RakeShark View Post
    There is also some rumor and speculation that one of the kickstarter stretch goals is bobbleheads and toy dinosaurs to decorate your cockpit in game.
    It's not just a rumor, its true. You can see the goal in the main site.

Been awhile since I've updated y'all.

As of this writing, Star Citizen stands at $3,370,432 pledged, nearly 170% funded. The Kickstarter site has produced $1,160,928 in pledges.

The Star Citizen project enters its last week of fundraising, looking to cap the project at a solid $4 million, or 200%. Additionally, they're looking to generate a total of $1.5 million from the Kickstarter site.

Here the final week video:

So, what happens when $4 million is raised total and $1.5 million is raised on Kickstarter?

Well, on Kickstarter the following will be included in development and made ready for the product release:
    $1.25 Million - Hidden Smuggler Asteroids: I assume this to be more along the lines of the Privateer pirate bases like Pentonvillie, the converted old mining outpost. However I don't rule out the idea that you can hallow out your own asteroid a hide your weed in it.
    $1.5 Million - Two additional ships for release: This would bring the total accessible ships in Star Citizen (the online persistent part) up to 12.

For the project total, here is what happens when the set milestones are reached:
    $3.5 million - Cockpit/Ship Decorations: Along with the bobble-heads and dinosaurs, there are things like nose art, posters, and pictures that can be added to your ship's living/working space. I assume more options of placement will be given on the large multi-player ships, a la SWG: Jump to Lightspeed.
    $4 million - The Ultimate Goal: Long story short, we're looking at the following...
    - Monthly Developer Webcasts and Updates
    - Creation of Mod Tools for the Community for Free, Released On or Shortly After Product Release
    - A Total of 45 Missions in the Squadron 42 Single Player Campaign, With Expanded Detail and Storyline Added
    - A "As Intended" Online Persistent Star Citizen Multiplayer, with 50 Star Systems Ready On Launch
    - One More Ship Created For Launch, For a Total of 13 Ships

Additionally, at the top of every $100k recorded on the RSI website, a new star system will be added to the game leading up to the 50 milestone total, regardless of the milestones met.

For those who are happy with their pledge levels but would like alternate rewards for additional donations, on the Kickstarter site (and soon to be on the RSI site) there are Add-On options and rewards. In addition to "buying" ships, you also have the options to buy the following:
    Digital Add-Ons (For those who have pledged $/ 30 and above):
    Digital Electro Skin Hull Enhancement +$5
    Add-On Ship: Aurora +$25
    Add-On Ship: 300i +$55
    Add-On Ship: Hornet +$110
    Add-On Ship: Freelancer +$110
    Add-On Ship: Constellation +$225
    Digital Download: Star Map +$5
    Digital Download: Full Star Citizen Soundtrack +$10
    Digital Download: 42 page book “The Making of Star Citizen” +$10
    Digital Download: 42 page book “Engineering Manual for Modders” +$10
    Digital Download: Star Citizen Novella written by Dave Haddock, the man behind the Time Capsule and Spectrum Dispatch lore. (delivery TBA) +$15

Physical Add-Ons (Shipping for free in US for donations at or above $/ 125. International shipping will be covered by previous ledges IF your pledge included shipping already. If not the case with your pledge, shipping cost will need to be added t both US and International pledges):
    Fold up glossy full color map of the game universe +$10
    CD of game soundtrack +$20
    Hardback bound 42 Page Book “Squadron 42 Manual” +$20
    Hardback bound 42 page Book “Engineering Manual for Modders” +$20
    Hardback bound 42 page book “The Making of Star Citizen” +$25
    Spaceship shaped USB stick +$30

To select these Add-Ons, you will be given a survey at the end of the fundraising, and asked what Add-Ons you wish to have, and you can specify them there. More information on the Add-On system can be found here: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.co...customization/

I'm not too sure, but I've heard rumors of an "end-of-fundraising" livestream party being planned as well. Pretty sure it will be in Austin again.

Anyway, that's the info dump. I know many have pledged to Star Citizen already, and many are excited to give to Elite: Dangerous as well (or at least excited to get more info before giving to it). I'm just glad we will have a new high-end space sim in our lifetime.

Also, for the more "I'd like to see actual gameplay demonstration" crowd, there was an AI Test video released recently, showcasing what's been done so far for wingman AI and formation flying:

Obscure Node
    so IGN just came out with an article of the ship design for the Constellation. I instantly bought one. it was everything I hoped it would be. you can check that out here
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...wars-fantasies

Also they have updated the stretch goals with some even more badass stuff. This game is going to be so epic. Its gonna be a long wait..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    3 days to get up to 4m, with 280K to go. No questions, it will be. It's been fun reading all the system stuff. Granted, it's mostly 'fluff', but the details as to what stuff would be good to trade, or the things you can expect, has just been generally interesting.

I'm happy with my 300i though, whatever it looks like.