Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The website has been going slow all day, I've noticed. The pledge rates and amounts have definitely been increasing in the last few days too. I don't think it'll get to 4.5m, but who knows at this point...
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Double post for 4m mark. Mod tools for everyone!

/deep breath

Squeeeeeeeeee!

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I pledged on the backup site, and didn't realize that I had to request that my pledge be linked with my account. I did that a few days ago, but my pledge still isn't showing up. It'd be nice to see it confirmed before the campaign is over.

For a project that interests me as much as this one does, I've barely followed the campaign--probably because I get no updates via e-mail, which pushes it off my radar. I'd like to follow development over the next two years without having to periodically remember the project exists, so I'm kind of wishing I'd pledged on Kickstarter at this point. Maybe it's worth a dollar just for the convenience of e-mail updates--but first I'd like to know if my pledge actually registered.

If your profile isn't registering your pledge, you need to email Sandi, she's been the point of contact for missing pledges.

There's also a pledge "recovery" system you can go through: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge-form/

I find the final sentence rather amusing.

$4.2 million! Which means that Star Citizen is now the highest crowd-funded game project ever! You’ve earned this star system, and a lot more! Let’s go for $4.5! By the way: you guys are now unlocking systems faster than our artists can finish them… we promise we’ll add the missing concepts in the near future.
    EDIT:

Final stretch goal announced - $5.5m means the biggest pilotable ship will be...the Bengal carrier class.

A carrier.

A mother flippin' carrier.

Also,

We're also going to be offering several limited-time special-offer ship packages. We want to stress beforehand, though, that these are ONLY to support the game. Every single additional ship we offer for sale in the next 48 hours will never be sold for cash again… but they will be available through gameplay. If you decide to pick one up, it should be because you want to support Star Citizen and not because you're worried it's a ship you'll never have otherwise. Check back soon to see the new ship options!
    Last edited by The JG Man; 17-11-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Avoid the dreaded DP.

Holy crap, I'm not going to be able to keep you all updated with all the things going on in this last push. Needless to say RSI are going to open up a lot of pledge options, as well as some other things in addition to the livestream they're doing.

All I can say is you'll be spoiled for choice these last hours.

I just hope they don't offer more than they can serve.

Don't worry, I'll try and help out where possible!

New pledge options, all $110:

Wingnut (digital), Lancer (digital), Drake Cutlass (digital) - PIRATES, ME HARTE (it comes with gear for piracy)!

A couple of subscriptions, $10/$20 per month. Read the site for more details because it's quite specific.

Some new skins, specifically pirate ones.

New armoured transport (for pirates - see previous link). $4.4 Eealus system.

Banned
    So like every morning I am drinking a hot half empty glass of hot birch-tar with my cynical monocle on and then I see this thread.

Want to know what I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Sit around kids, your old dad is going to tell you the story of how your dreams are unrealistic and your prospects hopeless.

Banned
    Also: Santa is dead.

As long as one isn't squatting on a project page, squatting over people's faces, any criticism is worth entertaining, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not particularly fond of the Kickstarter as love-in phenomenon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    So like every morning I am drinking a hot half empty glass of hot birch-tar with my cynical monocle on and then I see this thread.

Oh, please just say what you think, we can just skip the post if we don't want to hear it.

5 million now, and amongst other things we get:
    Celebrity voice-acting for Squadron 42; we will bring back at least one favorite from Wing Commander!
    Please let it be Mark Hamill

Also playable cruisers and destroyers.
    Man, this is looking great.
    Last edited by Tikey; 19-11-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Assuming pledge amounts maintain this speed, $5.5 should be easily passed. Added to the 5.5m goal:

-Mo-cap for Squadron 42
    -'Record Breaking' skin
    -Additional 1,000 starting credits for all backers.

$6m stretch has been added and honestly, far more interesting stuff I think:

-Launch with 100 systems
    -Full orchestral score (this is the big one for me)
    -'First Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines, available for free for all backers upon release (a 16-mission campaign in the style of The Secret Missions)' - seems like an expansion pack.

Live-stream page, currently featuring empty rooms! There are also some one-day-only ships and such, including that asymetric fighter, available to add-on (EDIT: The Vanduul fighter cannot be bought in-game, but can be captured). These ships will be purchaseable in-game at some point, even if you don't get them now.

There's been some interim system updates with each 100K, but I figure people can see those in their own time. At time of writing, up to $5.1m ($1.76m on KS, meaning it could meet the original target by itself) with just over 16 hours to go.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 19-11-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Edited in important detail