Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlManiak View Post
    They've got 5.5 Mil. I wonder if there is a world record being broken in this somewhere.
    I think Project Eternity's $3,986,929 was the record holder up till now, so if true this would make it a new record.

I wonder of they can actually get to $6mill in the 7 hours remaining

Apparently $6mill is what they really wanted when they started the fund raising ($2mill was the minimum they felt they needed to get the project started in a restricted form) and getting there will mean
    "At six million you'll launch the game with 100 systems, a full orchestral score and a free copy of the first Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines."
    Last edited by Matchstick; 19-11-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    6.5 hours, 412K. I was reading a model last night that expected $6.1m. Looking at the numbers myself, I thought 6.2 earlier on yesterday. I think it will hit 6, just.

It's basically them just showing off CryEngine 3.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 19-11-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Whatever that disc-shaped ship is, I want it.

by the way: those addon-ships and different titles: those are only the ones you start with? You can get those/become a mercenary ingame if you want to?

*edit*
    Mechwarrior Online was the most succesfull crowdfunded game as it made 5mil just by their "founder packages" sales. Star Citizen just beat that. 5.6mil and counting.
    Last edited by bonkers; 19-11-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Obscure Node
    As far as I understand its like this:

You pledge money now you get the specified ship as your starter ship with free lifetime insurance.
    You CAN get these ships in the game by gameplay ways (credits, capturing etc...) but you will have to pay ingame currency to buy said insurance (bit like EVE)

Insurance being ship replenishment when you lose your ship

Also, if you pledge before the crowd funding ends, you can upgrade your package at these current prices, thereby assuming that they'll change once crowd funding ends.

5hr15mins to go, 5.66m. It's going to be close.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Thanks for the explanation. So I think I stick with the basic one. Thats a bit of a too pricey upgrade just for a ship and the insurance.

It's worth noting that any ship bought during the crowd funding phase will have free life insurance.

So 5 hours to go with $5.68mil so far.

It's going to be tight but much of the US is only just waking up now so maybe that will provide the boost necessary.

(To put it in context - to hit 6mil they need to get more than $1000 per minute - $296,000 to go with 277 minutes left )
    Last edited by Matchstick; 19-11-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
    So 5 hours to go with $5.68mil so far.

It's going to be tight but much of the US is only just waking up now so maybe that will provide the boost necessary.

(To put it in context - to hit 6mil they need to get more than $1000 per minute - $296,000 to go with 277 minutes left )
    Pace has picked up substantially and they now have 116K to go in 156 minutes.

My prediction is they'll make $6 mill somewhere around 90 minutes from now (17.50 BST)
    Last edited by Matchstick; 19-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.

55k to go with just over 2 hours on the clock. Unless the site crashes completely right now, it's as good as done.

About 90 minutes to go, $6m raised. There are no more stretch goals. Everything has been achieved.

Nice.