Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Obscure Node
    The lamp shtick did get a little out of hand, but at least it helped pass the time during the horrible site outages and ustream lag issues. I pledged as I miss Elite and space-sims in general. I enjoyed X, but the combat felt clunky to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Anyone seen that video?
    Just wow.

http://vimeo.com/53745615

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I wasn't impressed by that video,sorry :D

I think the disconcerting thing about that vid is the 3rd person camera. Obviously it's all very rough anyway but I do think that flight/space sims tend to look silly & arcadey outside the cockpit. Inside the cockpit I bet that would all feel a bit epic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    With over $6,000,000 for a single game, it can be now said that Kickstarter is fully capable of funding AAA games.
    pass

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    If you can make a AAA game with 6 million. Chris Roberts can't as there are a few additional millions by private investors. Normally AAA starts somewhere around 10m.
    Maybe you can get enough money for a Call of Duty or something. But those simply don't need to be kickstarted.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanguineAngel View Post
    I think the disconcerting thing about that vid is the 3rd person camera. Obviously it's all very rough anyway but I do think that flight/space sims tend to look silly & arcadey outside the cockpit. Inside the cockpit I bet that would all feel a bit epic.
    I can't remember when or when I saw it, but they were talking about the differences between 3rd and 1st person cameras; 1st will give you more information, being able to see what's in the cock-pit. Ultimately I think it'll come down to preference and I'm glad they support both. First will probably force you to be more spatially aware too.