Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Activated Node
    Congratulations to the 2 legions that came back safely from the crusade. The other 2 legions died bravely but unfortunately didnt make it back.

incidentally it seems the 2 legions that made it back were both starting legions while the 2 that didn't were bazaar bought legions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Starter legions with infernal crusade means legions that might need killing more than once to not be monstrous.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    It was one my legions that actually came back alive for once. Pretty happy about that even if it did roll only +4 for the hp bonus when it could have been +8! Still ... can't complain! Now when's that infernal promotion card gonna come up.....

This game is strangely quiet. Turn 30 and only 2 short vendettas that were in the first 12 turns or something. I guess everybody is building up for a blitzkrieg.

I'll be gone this weekend, so I probably won't be able to upload my turns until late in the sunday. Sorry for the inconveniences caused.

Flatline - Can you check with Zak please, or point him towards here. We are currently awaiting his turn orders, but he hasn't said anything about potential delays. Just want to make sure it isn't just another dropbox screw-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
    Zak is working away from home for a couple of weeks in the very near future or something so he may be slower than usual to do his turns but apparently will still do them.
    I wouldn't worry too much, as it might have something to do with this, Desvergeh.
    Last edited by Battle Programmer Spike; 19-11-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Flatline - Can you check with Zak please, or point him towards here. We are currently awaiting his turn orders, but he hasn't said anything about potential delays. Just want to make sure it isn't just another dropbox screw-up.
    In other game's with zak i'm in he posted this in the chat files about a week ago.
    "zak: gonna be traveling and working away from home for next couple of weeks. When I have access to the internet I will process turns promptly. However as expected I will be doing this much more slowly. I apologize for any inconvenience."

Saying that, he's still actually managed to do one turn a day every day since then and assume things will be back to normal within end of this week. I'm in a few games with him (actually he's the host of 4 of them) and all turns are ready in all the games. I think this is first time he's missed a day since he's been on the road or such.

I'd like to assume he will get his turn in and process the other 8 games or so that he's hosting today but if he doesn't I'd assume he would tomorrow for sure. I've found since he's been away he usually processes his turns around 5AM GMT. (he lives in usa) so i guess thats like 10pm for him or something. When he's at home he tends to look at them at least twice a day i think.

I've already bitched at him in chat files in other games for being slow and missing a day heh :). I love it when it's at least a turn per day myself. I'll hopefully assume he's back on track today, he certainly shouldnt take a week or anything.

On related note does host of this game mind if we put a chat.txt file in the dropbox for zak/me/everybody? So he could post something like this in there? He can't be bothered signing up to forums and such (his own words) but I've found a chat.txt file in the dropbox folder of games to be useful for game related chat and such (i'm happy to use forums also). I actually never used steam as such before this game and dont think zak has it either perhaps.

ps. When i signed up for these forums there was a question in the signup about "who created this site" or somesuch and it took me 30 mins or so of looking to find the answer just to make an account here!

ps2. In game i've had a go at hosting myself its turn 8 (15 token game) and already 3 conclave tokens drawn. In this game it's like turn 32? or something and only 5 drawn. Do you guys find the tokens drawn to be really really random from game to game?

Activated Node
    Zak got back home apparently his wireless internet broke and stuff!.
    Anyway he said he's home now and turns shall be prompter.
    Re: above question about a chat.txt file in dropbox folder. for general chat. Any problems with this? Secret scheming obviously can be done via other methods.

No problem with a chat file in the folder. However I check this thread more often, and am hence more likely to notice abscence notes.

Will bear in mind that Zak is currently working away from home. Just wanted to make sure we weren't in the same position as previously (dropbox screwing up).

The token draw should get faster the more tokens have already been drawn. This game has seemed to be running a little long, but nothing too unusual in my opinion.

Activated Node
    Turns have been up for a while I think.
    Other game i'm it's 5 tokens at turn 15 i think! Seems pretty damn random.

Myself i dont mind when the tokens draw slower such as in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
    Turns have been up for a while I think.
    This one is just down to me. Didn't get chance to progress the game last night.

Shall get on it when I get home from work today.

I am also away sunday to tuesday. Might still be able to keep the game going via a laptop, but might be too pre-occupied.

Activated Node
    no problems desvergh. It's an si tradition to hurry the last guy to do their turn or something even if the last turn was only done like 6 hours ago isn't it? :).

Well i'm not sure if it is but in the other game's with friends i'm in it is. Always in a jokingly way or such though.

Network Hub
    yeah. I've seen days, where I turned in a turn 1st, but everyone was online, and happened to submit turns within 2 or 3 hours, and been bugged 7 hours later to hurry up on the next turn. :) I'm always excited then because then I get 2 turns done in a day.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
    yeah. I've seen days, where I turned in a turn 1st, but everyone was online, and happened to submit turns within 2 or 3 hours, and been bugged 7 hours later to hurry up on the next turn. :) I'm always excited then because then I get 2 turns done in a day.
    I love this too!
    The game i'm actually hosting (so i do the turn processing) I think we are turn 20 now and the game started 13 days ago! This is a full 6 player game also. Also there was a 2 day break? when zak couldnt do turns same as in this game. So really we have done 20 turns in 11 days.
    Quite often i've been able to process 2 turns in 1 of my days .
    I think this is actually a combination of things to make this happen.

I live in australia while the other guys in my game are in usa,france,finland.
    Everybody is very prompt with turns and i think most in game would like to do do 2 turns a day most days if possible.
    It just so happens that I usually process turns in the morning when i get up and have a coffee and also afternoon/latish in the night. Things usually go like this.

(1) I get up in morning there's usually a turn waiting to be processed.
    (2) I process the turn.
    (3) Its latish in the night for the european guys they immediately do their next turn. The usa guys usually do their turn a few hours later. Sometimes the usa guys do their turn when i process this morning turn.
    (4). Usually everybody has a turn up when its like 9pm my time? I'll process another turn.
    (5) The euro guys are home from work or whatever not long before/after I go to bed and stuff and the usa guys are waking up or something.

sorry if confusing but its something like that.
    Regardless we have done 20 turns in 11-12-13 days at most. I think a combination that everybody is rather prompt and somehow the timezone differences with me the host being in australia actually somehow work out quite nicely.

Carnage - I think you might have given me the turn for another game you are playing (and probably vice-versa). Normally your files are labelled soul42.trn, this one is labelled carnage4u.trn.

Network Hub
    changed files.. let me know if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
    changed files.. let me know if that works.
    That sorted it, thanks.

Sorry, did not have enough time to process yesterdays turn. I will attend to matters once I get home tonight.

Activated Node
    zaks away till sunday afternoon usa time unfortunately ( i hate it when he is since he's in every game besides 1 that i am in so they all stall!)

Network Hub
    Just in case anyone is only reading the thread and not paying attention to the chat.txt file in the folder, you should definitely read it.

There's a little bit of cat-fighting going on there, and it's sure to spill into the game sooner rather than later!
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/