Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Maybe I've just had bad luck with the games I've been in to date, but I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping focussed, and really getting through the turns pretty quickly.

I know I've been trying to make the effort to keep an eye on it, and do the turns if they're available rather than putting them off, and I guess you all have been too!
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    What number you up to?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    I agree.
    I think we are up to turn 15 or 16 now and it's pretty much been at the pace of a turn per day and maybe even 1 or 2 days there might have been 2 turns done?
    It's great actually i'm fully committed to doing at least a turn a day (even though my turns might come in weird times since i live in australia).
    Things are just starting to heat up lately also.
    Hope it continues on at this type of pace and doesnt stall badly or anything (only my 2nd game of this).

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Maybe I've just had bad luck with the games I've been in to date, but I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping focussed, and really getting through the turns pretty quickly.

I know I've been trying to make the effort to keep an eye on it, and do the turns if they're available rather than putting them off, and I guess you all have been too!

Well I think we have just been lucky in how things have fallen. Turns are usually ready for when I get home from work (6pm gmt), so it is easy for me to stay on top of 1 turn a day. Even when I have fallen behind a little, it hasn't proven to be a problem.

Game is getting interesting, still don't understand what Rasheth is up to though!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Well I think we have just been lucky in how things have fallen. Turns are usually ready for when I get home from work (6pm gmt), so it is easy for me to stay on top of 1 turn a day. Even when I have fallen behind a little, it hasn't proven to be a problem.

Game is getting interesting, still don't understand what Rasheth is up to though!
    Well he blocked me in kind of nicely which i don't really like a whole lot.

Activated Node
    Sigh. I was hoping for something a little better than the ichor vats if i won the tournament!. They seem like a crap artifact really!
    Can any pros here explain to me about the ichor vats and their usefulness compared to other artifacts?
    The hp restored at start of every game turn is easy enough.
    It also says hp is restored at the start of every combat. Not really sure on this bit. Does it restore hp to full at the start of a 2nd combat round? or just if u are say attacked on two+ seperate occasions in the same turn?
    Bleh they dont seem that useful perhaps unless someone is spamming your legion with destruction rituals perhaps?
    Oh good duel also i thought leading with an unexpected infernal burst might be interesting except it rolled a 1 on a 1d6 just lol.

Icor vats are badass on a high hp legion. To the point where you are a death less titan, it's a great thing to hold back on until it changes the rules. It also neutuers destruction rituals.

Awaiting turn 16 from Zak.

Zak, if you thought you had submitted that turn, then it might be my fault. Might have lost it somehow or something.

Activated Node
    oho a fissure in turn 18 :)
    butcher and queen of the damned officially down.
    grey prince next perhaps.
    interesting goings on around the tree of woe also.

Network Hub
    This coming Weekend (starting Thurs Nov 1st, thru Monday Nov 5th I will have little to no Internet. I'm hoping I'll be able to connect to internet somewhere to check on turns now and then, but I cannot promise anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
    butcher and queen of the damned officially down.
    Woah, thats some good work, the queen can be tricky.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
    This coming Weekend (starting Thurs Nov 1st, thru Monday Nov 5th I will have little to no Internet. I'm hoping I'll be able to connect to internet somewhere to check on turns now and then, but I cannot promise anything.
    arggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(
    Its all good as long as u come back! Shame though cos this game so far has been doing no less than 1 turn per day up to turn 18 which is really great. only my 2nd game and 1 or 2 ai games. but stuff like this happens be great to keeo our pace up game is getting interesting.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    First vendetta of the game (around turn 17-18?) ended up with a straight out the gate fissure that was miraculously dodged but in the same turn the pop that the vendetterer was going for rose in rebellion (obviously thanks to a 3rd party) which is pretty hilarious.

Regarding queen of the damned. She's a total bitch to try to duel i agonized an hour over which moves to put with my pandy tournament champion. I had no veil of smoke or any damage soaking moves so yeah anything she hit me with was going straight to hps. The only safe move spots (In my limited limited experience) to do any damage to her are 1,5 and 6. So you basically have 3 out of 6 slots vs her to try to do enough damage to smash through her veil of smoke + kill her too or you probably dead. Its tough to do that when she always seems to roll 10-12 buffer on her veil of smoke. I took a small chance on doing an attack on her in order slot 4 since although i've seen her put oath of retribution in slot 4 its rare that she does (usually she does it in the 2 or 3) and of course she put it in slot 4 this time. Her mindburn did 10 on a 2d6 roll of course also which was scary :( Short story was i took a big chance that i could smash her veil of smoke and kill her in 3 moves and end it in the first round or i was dead. Thank god for bloodboil.

2 pro-help questions.
    (1) If you actually manage to beat the balrog and become champion yourself do u get any special prizes at all? Obviously the extra prestige is helpful but wondering if u get a big prestige bonus or artifacts or somesuch for beating all 4 champs?

(2) The grey prince ugh. In my ai game i have a praetor similar (not quite as good) as my praetor in this game (Haagenti). I could beat the queen with some major luck but i absolutely cant scratch the grey prince for some reason so i really dont know what tactics to use on him if i want to take him out next. Any tips on taking him out? In my ai game i cant touch him. I don't have morax with a uber vile oath blast or any such thing to 1 shot him so cant suggest that!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
    (2) The grey prince ugh. In my ai game i have a praetor similar (not quite as good) as my praetor in this game (Haagenti). I could beat the queen with some major luck but i absolutely cant scratch the grey prince for some reason so i really dont know what tactics to use on him if i want to take him out next. Any tips on taking him out? In my ai game i cant touch him. I don't have morax with a uber vile oath blast or any such thing to 1 shot him so cant suggest that!
    Loyalty: 7
    Level: 3
    HP: 12
    Attack: 13
    Defense: 13
    Infernal: 3
    Luck: 3
    Combat moves: Bone Breaker, Crippling Strike, Impeneratable Stance
    Bone Breaker
    6 skulls
    In addition to combat damage, do one additional point of damage to your opponent for each Shield he assigned during both his current combat phase and its preceding phase. You must do combat damage for the bonus to trigger.
    Crippling Strike
    1 skull
    If your Praetor’s level exceeds your opponent’s assigned Shields for the phase in which Crippling Strike is used, remove 1d6 + 1 per Praetor level of assigned Skulls from your opponent’s combat moves in all subsequent phases for the rest of the round.
    Impenetrable Stance
    6 shields
    Block two points of damage for every Shield that you assign. (This includes the same phase that Impenetrable Stance is used. It lasts for the rest of the round.)
    Depending on how savy theAI is it'll open up with Impenetrable Stance, Bone Breaker and then Crippling Strike tidying up with guarded attacks.

As with all praetor battles various relics help, anointed ash, the wheel of misfortune, winning lots of praetor battles to level you up. But key is he only has 12hp, a single oath of retribution in the 2nd or third slot would outright win the battle in that single slot. avoid over shielding early on.

Network Hub

dont even know what that means..

and if i'm lucky I'll be able to get online a couple times this weekend.

Activated Node
    Depending on how savy theAI is it'll open up with Impenetrable Stance, Bone Breaker and then Crippling Strike tidying up with guarded attacks.

As with all praetor battles various relics help, anointed ash, the wheel of misfortune, winning lots of praetor battles to level you up. But key is he only has 12hp, a single oath of retribution in the 2nd or third slot would outright win the battle in that single slot. avoid over shielding early on.
    Hrmm. yeah an oath in 2nd or 3rd slot would own him. shame i dont have it. My praetors alright but i dont think he has the tools to take grey prince bleh. Think he's a tougher fight than the queen for my particular praetor right now. I found he 100% opens up with impenetrable stance in the first move to give him +12 Hp (taking him to 24) then usually crippling/bonebreaker and owns u hard while u struggle to get through his impenetrable stance he's taken half or more of your hp and u die early in the 2nd round.

Activated Node
    dont even know what that means..

and if i'm lucky I'll be able to get online a couple times this weekend.
    helio was just commenting "good work" on me being able to take out the queen of the damned in a praetor duel as she's pretty tough to beat.
    Sounds good if u can put a few turns in although i understand that sometimes stuff happens when people cant do it also. this game has run pretty smooth and regular so far so im sure its all good.

Activated Node
    seeing as how the games were held in like turn 15 (no praetor battles before this) and i've dueled two champs and everybody can therefore see exactly what my praetor has got i doubt i get to level him besides beating down the last 2 champs but hey you never know :) any takers for a duel?

Not a problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Activated Node
    Well i narrowly beat the grey prince without using oath of retribution or any damage soaking moves like veil etc.
    Let it be known though.
    In the duel the grey prince had Impenetrable Stance + Crippling strike + IMPALE.

On the wiki it says he has bonebreaker not impale. Also in my AI game when i fight him he has bonebreaker not impale.
    In this game though he used impale and didnt have bonebreaker and i had planned my moveset assuming he had and would/use bonebreaker. If i knew he had impale instead of bonebreaker im pretty sure i would have done my moves a little differently and loaded up my shields in the first 4 slots instead of going light fearing bonebreaker. so umm yeah.