Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Just in case anyone is only reading the thread and not paying attention to the chat.txt file in the folder, you should definitely read it.

There's a little bit of cat-fighting going on there, and it's sure to spill into the game sooner rather than later!
    lol.
    The chat file is hilarious (actually most are but this one is up there).
    It's taken a while in this game for things to start to heat up but I'd say it's getting pretty hot down here right about now.

I imagine things arent going to get tamer in the coming turns somehow.

Well it looks like my run at the top of this game is over.

Despite my legion showing supreme abilities to resist all the nasty rituals Fumiprincipe is throwing at it (your ritual masking is fooling nobody young man!), I see no way to halt the advance of Goatse's legions of doom.

I am going to be a little disappointed if Goatse takes the throne, would much rather see one of the underdogs swipe the victory. Can't see much to stop Goatse though, as he is way too powered up by now.

Now I'm just going to be hiding over in this corner,

Ziq.

Network Hub
    Particularly from the avatar I picked, I like to imagine Fumi standing at the top of his tower and just yelling "WHY! DO! YOU! KEEP! RESISTING!" as he throws every single ritual ever at that legion over the course of several turns.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Particularly from the avatar I picked, I like to imagine Fumi standing at the top of his tower and just yelling "WHY! DO! YOU! KEEP! RESISTING!" as he throws every single ritual ever at that legion over the course of several turns.
    It is a lvl6 legion, but still impressive that only one has got through so far.

But my luck won't hold, and the massed ranks of Goatse's armies are bearing down on me.

Activated Node
    Hrmm i might look the most powered with my bunch of legions I guess.

Myself I think zaknafein is the dark horse and the dangerous one here.
    He has done nothing for quite a while or so it seems and he has no interest in prestige and the puzzle cube....
    While i spend resources and such pursuing prestige he builds strength to usurp or eliminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
    Hrmm i might look the most powered with my bunch of legions I guess.

Myself I think zaknafein is the dark horse and the dangerous one here.
    He has done nothing for quite a while or so it seems and he has no interest in prestige and the puzzle cube....
    While i spend resources and such pursuing prestige he builds strength to usurp or eliminate.
    And my legion goes pop!

I think you are going to find me hard to persuade on Zak being the bigger threat. You just annihilated my legion, took my PoP, and still have a vendetta against me. Furthermore one of your praetors is champion of pandaemonium, and you just gave a legion a mega promotion.

It isn't over yet, but I suspect you have this one in the bag.

Uh oh... I don't like where this is going.

Activated Node
    Hmm considering someone just played that event that stops all pop prestige for 8 turns or so or something completely ridiculous I guess things might start to get a little heated down here.

Sort of feels like the real game is only just beginning right now.
    I'm thinking things are going to get ugly.

Sorry guys, personal stuff got in the way. New turn up, and should be more prompt now.

Network Hub
    I assumed Christmas and New Year stuff would give us all plenty of hell without needing to indulge in gaming there too.

No worries at all for the delay, though I'm pleased to get back into the endgame.

Activated Node
    I'd be pleased to get back into the endgame if some evil person didnt just play that ritual ban event on me that lasts for 5 turns or something crazy.

Network Hub
    I haven't been able to get to my computer in the last couple of days. If there's been a new turn up, then I've missed it, and I'm sorry.

I should be able to take a look tonight.

I haven't been able to get to my computer in the last couple of days. If there's been a new turn up, then I've missed it, and I'm sorry.

I should be able to take a look tonight.
    No worries.

When I last looked we were waiting on a turn from Zak. Meant to check this morning, but a smelly kitten incident distracted me and I forgot.

Either way we aren't waiting on you :)

Hehehehehe, that ending was funny. I bet I pissed off Zak quite bad :D.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    Hehehehehe, that ending was funny. I bet I pissed off Zak quite bad :D.
    So let me get this right....

Zak got himself excommunicated so he could take Pandemonium, but he got un-excommunicated by an event someone else played so he couldn't take Pandemonium?

I was a little disappointed that my deception ritual failed. This would have walked Zak's legion into two of Goatse's. Not sure who would have survived, but was looking forward to finding out!

Well played everyone. It was a good game.

It did seem to drag on a little, conclave tokens just seemed to come up very rarely.

Not sure Rasheth was the best choice to use my Kingmaker perk on though!

Activated Node
    Good Game everybody. It's my 2nd ever si game so i was pretty happy to win.
    It was pretty hairy at the end. Whoever played that total ritual ban event on me really had me messed up.
    Just in case interested in the last couple of turns of what you may not have noticed what was going on.

When zaknafein excommed 2 turns ago? he also improved planar locked me on the same turn.
    Because i was ritual banned (and still ritual banned even when game ended) I couldnt even essence corrupt zak to try to get the planar lock off me. I was down to 2 order slots instead of 6 and also i couldnt afflict pandemonium to excom to get around the ritual ban and rasheth had cantons between me and pandemonium to do it with a legion easily.........
    So i was pretty much in trouble and also not really that far ahead of ziq in prestige with zak certainly moving to kill me and rasheth moving to take pandemonium.

Although if game didnt end this turn i was going to play the event card that moves a token 1 turn ahead also. so it was ending next turn unless rasheth took pandemonium this turn.

I had some help from salamanca to avoid this, we were trying to get him to vassal to me but in the end i kept getting event carded etc which kinda of stopped us doing that.

So anyway quick turn of events.
    (1) Zak excoms. Pretty sure he was going to kill ziq then me. or try to. He was either going to usurp or take people out.
    (2) Im planar locked and ritual banned and cant do a lot.
    (3) Looked like rasheth was going for pandemonium with the gorgons with 1 token left.
    (4) I know i can end the game in 1 turn with backroom dealing event card if i can surivive that long and pandemonium doesnt get taken.
    (5) My friendly neighbour uses deceit manipulation ritual on rasheths gorgons when he has turn order advantage to stop them taking pandemonium.
    (6) My friendly neighbour uses rescind card which reinstates zak and stops him from killing ziq.
    (7) I buy odd portrait to ensure prestige victory next turn when i play backroom dealing.
    (8) I dont need to play the event since last token gets drawn anyway.

Also. Zaks juggernauted main legion would have got slaughtered by my main legion if it had been made to attack my main legion. My main legion had like +18 ranged combat card on it giving it 30 ranged stat. Woulda died in 1 shot unless zak put a uber combat card on it.

Whoever played that total ritual ban event on me really had me messed up.
    Teehee that would've been me! I lucked out on how long it lasted though.

(1) Zak excoms. Pretty sure he was going to kill ziq then me. or try to. He was either going to usurp or take people out..
    Did he excomm himself? I figured he did, and that I was about to get wiped out.

(3) Looked like rasheth was going for pandemonium with the gorgons with 1 token left..
    Figured that too, but I couldn't stop both him and Zak. Well after my ritual failed I couldn't actually stop either of them!

Also. Zaks juggernauted main legion would have got slaughtered by my main legion if it had been made to attack my main legion. My main legion had like +18 ranged combat card on it giving it 30 ranged stat. Woulda died in 1 shot unless zak put a uber combat card on it.
    TBH I was happy to see either of you suffer the loss!

Not sure I would use Kingmaker again. I can't see anyway that you can really predict the right horse to bet on, especially as they might be going for an usurp victory (as I think Rasheth had always intended to do).

Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Not sure I would use Kingmaker again. I can't see anyway that you can really predict the right horse to bet on, especially as they might be going for an usurp victory (as I think Rasheth had always intended to do).
    I would use it in a game where I'm playing with people I know from other games, and I have an idea about who's the most likely to win in that situation (lets say, Helio in some other game :P). Also, I would try and ensure his victory in that case, helping him or screwing with his rivals. But to be honest it's not a really cost-effective perk if you don't know the other people in the game and how they play.

Network Hub
    someone did stop me from taking it on the last turn with some ability. I wouldnt have been able to hold it, so it didnt really matter much. I had made a terrible avatar, and just glad the game is over :)

Yup, that was my secret manipulations ritual :P. But the matter at hand there wasn't your ability of holding it or not, but the fact that if you managed to take it, the game wasn't going to end until someone managed to usurp and hold it for 5 consecutive turns.