Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maia

Network Hub
    That was indeed an awesome video. Good luck to you. :)

Backed! Can't wait to see more.

Obscure Node
    Massive QA update with tonnes of detail about the game here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...a/posts/342232

Also a 2 page interview with me here: http://www.citizengame.co.uk/editori...reator-of-maia

Obscure Node
    Maia: Dungeon Keeper meets Dwarf Fortress on a primordial alien world

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/maia...l-alien-world/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Good to see it getting more exposure, hopefully it'll turn into backers.

Still, 60K over the next 20 days, it's going to be close.

Obscure Node
    It seems very interesting, and I hope you manage to bring the game to life, but I really am unesy about giving money to gaming project that does not have more to show in alpha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    There's a page up for Maia on Steam Greenlight now. I'm pretty desperate for this one to get backed, it's disheartening to me that this hasn't already been one of the kickstarter success stories that quintuples the initial goal, as it's one of the more ambitious projects to come from the site.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Back the shit out of this, I want my kids to be able to look at a game and say "look, thats a god game!"
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Oh and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7j8...ature=g-crec-u in case you needed more wub.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I know I've been diverting my attention mainly to Sir!, but this game definitely needs more love. Simon just posted more info, which makes it very much more interesting indeed!

Hi Guys

Just a quick update to say that I'm tweaking the stretch goals a bit!

Campaign

A lot of backers have said that they really want the full campaign, so I'm moving that lower on the list. If we don't hit that tier, the game will still have a few story missions, but achieving the goal will let us write something really gripping, bring in extra voice work and script some very interesting missions to test your mettle.

Super high-resolution graphics

The super high-resolution graphics mode is getting moved up, and I'll be changing the description because it wasn't very clear before. This tier is to create extra high quality assets of all our art to allow the game to hold up way above standard resolutions. In the next year or so, many PC Gamers are going to be jumping beyond HD resolution. There is a glut of big 27" monitors coming out, not to mention "Retina" displays that are now becoming standard for all of Apple's magical and revolutionary laptops, so we can soon expect other manufacturers to follow suit. It would be fantastic to be the first game built to support them.

Robot creator

I'm not changing this, I'm just mentioning it because it will be awesome. The plan is to create something easy to use like Spore's designing tools, but where the changes you make have functionality and direct game-play applications. It will have chassis, weapons, tools, sensors, legs, wheels, tracks and AI personality cores for you to build your own workers, soldiers, turrets or perhaps just a door with an irritatingly cheerful and sunny disposition.
    101010 Cats and dogs.

Aid your colony's defenses with some fluffy dealers of death.

115000 A full single player campaign and story.

This goal will allow us to write something really gripping, bring in extra voice work and script some very interesting missions to test your mettle.

120000 A campaign editor!

Design your own single player maps and weave them together into a full campaign!

125000 Extra detail mode for super high res displays. (2,880 x 1,800+)

Let us create extra high quality assets of all our art to allow the game to hold up way above standard resolutions.

150000 A robot editor! Design your own robots and turrets!

Combine chassis, weapons, tools, sensors, legs, wheels, tracks and AI personality cores for you to build your own workers, soldiers, turrets or perhaps just a door with an irritatingly cheerful and sunny disposition.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 15-11-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Activated Node
    I would back the shit out of this, but my card is not accepted. Why no paypal, Kickstarter. (well, I know why but still.) I do so hope you make it so I can buy it later!
    Yeah well, the furnace is nice and warm and I'm bored.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    I PMed Simon about this as I have the same problem too (damn you direct payment!) and he actually planning to set up paypal after Kickstarter but I hope he would change his mind and do it during the pledging (even if the Kickstarter fail he would still get some dough, maybe just ask pledge again but with lower target perhaps). I really think he would get more if not for the inflexibility of pledging for UK-based projects.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Obscure Node
    New video on Monday, but in the meantime, I just posted a new update with a sample of audio from the game!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1438429768/maia/posts/350631

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Volunteers to break out Audacity and see if there's a message modulated into that mp3?
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Volunteers to break out Audacity and see if there's a message modulated into that mp3?
    You're right! I found a hidden message!
    - Tom De Roeck.

Obscure Node

Brand new video showing off the simulation aspect of the game.

How is this not funded yet! This looks amazing, genuinely confused that something like this has not been mega-funded by now...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I don't think it's gotten very much exposure. That and people are fatigued, not everyone likes these kinds of games and the guy making it (without sounding disrespectful) is not known very well.

Project GODUS, launched just today almost has half the funding this does, most likely because it has Peter Molyneux name attached to it.

-edit- to add in a very important keyword to my post.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 22-11-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I don't think it's gotten very much exposure. That and people are fatigued, not everyone likes these kinds of games and the guy making it (without sounding disrespectful) is not very well.

Project GODUS, launched just today almost has half the funding this does, most likely because it has Peter Molyneux name attached to it.
    Is he sick?

Either way, Maia will make it, just barely, but still. Not all games sound good enough on paper to appeal to the uninformed masses. In fact, I think Sir! has been getting better results due to DayZ releasing recently, as well as having a more expensive prototype. Either way, there is enough room for all the games, ever, and Maia will get made.
    - Tom De Roeck.