Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I don't remember his review and I don't care, because I hold my own counsel on K&L2, but I get your point on how an act when it comes to negativity is still just an act - look at the Angry Video Game Nerd, after all.
    http://www.destructoid.com/review-ka...s-181575.phtml

I didn't think K&L2 set the world on fire, but 1/10 is kind of ludicrous. I mean at the very least it had an interesting graphic style and even if it was short and O/T towards the end, the actual shootouts early on weren't bad.

That said, though, I think the best practice is to treat opinion as aggregate yet unquantifiable: Reading a lot of reviews is better than searching for a median number, even if each individual review is itself less than stellar when it comes to reasoning and writing quality.
    Never a truer word said. I do find it faintly amusing where one reviewer says a games not great and suddenly you've a bunch of people swearing off from that one review. Look at the Hitman:Absolution WiT...read around people...Adam Smith is not the messiah.

I just don't get Kadayi in this thread. On one hand he dismisses the complaints against MCV/Lauren/Eurogamer.fr, because there is not enough proof. And OTOH he calls Jim Sterling a biased reviewer just because he give K&L a low score(without solid proof, just guess). It's like the whiners on reverse, he will just bitch about critics when they give games low scores lolz.
    I'm looking at the scores Vs those of others and comparing. Neither wainwright of the french dudes scores are particularly out of wack with what most other critics gave the games. Where's Sterling's score is completely out of wack with what everyone else gave K&L2. How is that hard to understand exactly?
    Last edited by Kadayi; 21-11-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I'm looking at the scores Vs those of others and comparing. Neither wainwright of the french dudes scores are particularly out of wack with what most other critics gave the games. Where's Sterling's score is completely out of wack with what everyone else gave K&L2. How is that hard to understand exactly?
    Well, assuming he wrote a decent piece(wich unfortunately isn't the case) i don't think why having a different and somewhat polemic view should discredit him by default! So i see the metascore for the PC version and i find 5 "positive" reviews and 2 "negative" against 18 "mixed" reviews. Should i discredit both the positives and negative scores just because it doesn't fit the majority of the scores?

Never a truer word said. I do find it faintly amusing where one reviewer says a games not great and suddenly you've a bunch of people swearing off from that one review. Look at the Hitman:Absolution WiT...read around people...Adam Smith is not the messiah.

I think you missed the part where a game with the 80 range is considered a failure...
    Last edited by dnf; 21-11-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf View Post
    Well, assuming he wrote a decent piece(wich unfortunately isn't the case)
    So you're fluent in french?

I think you missed the part where a game with the 80 range is considered a failure..
    Tell that to XCOM & Black OPs

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I wish someone would create a gif of that fight where 47 snipes him from the rafters.

Network Hub
    So you're fluent in french?
    Im' talking about the Jim Sterling review.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I wish someone would create a gif of that fight where 47 snipes him from the rafters.
    Too late for that. Agent 47 is forever tainted now...

You know, I think it's fine that they gave you that option in killing the guy. In fact, it's one I would expect from a hitman game. The whole killing in full view of everyone is awesome, IF they had just kept his FUCKING mask on. It would have been a case of no one realizing the big guy is actually dead until you in your mask are already gone. So simple. So easy. So dumb.

Edit: Not that this has anything to do with the thread title anymore but then it hasn't in forever.
    Last edited by Squirly; 21-11-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    LOL. So everyones making out that it's the only way and it's not? Christ....

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    You know, I think it's fine that they gave you that option in killing the guy. In fact, it's one I would expect from a hitman game. The whole killing in full view of everyone is awesome, IF they had just kept his FUCKING mask on. It would have been a case of no one realizing the big guy is actually dead until you in your mask are already gone. So simple. So easy. So dumb.
    True enough, though I suspect it was a case of 47 wanting him to know who was killing him? Also tbh...the games only just come out in europe so maybe remove the gif dnf until people have played the game.

Probable Replicant

Network Hub

True enough, though I suspect it was a case of 47 wanting him to know who was killing him? Also tbh...the games only just come out in europe so maybe remove the gif dnf until people have played the game.
    If only the gif could speack... The douche 47 ask him if he knows who is are, and Danny Trejo simply responds "NO".. haha,lol
    And like i said in the Hitman thread, even if we got 1000 options for the kill, the QTE is still retarded. But keep rationalizing shit as the devs continue to dumb down their games.
    Also, sorry to spoil your QTE fun guys...
    Last edited by dnf; 21-11-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    So if I understand this, you have another option to kill him that isn't a QTE? But because a QTE is an option, this is an issue for you?

I don't see where the difference is in that QTE and you pointing a gun at his head and pressing a button from far away in terms of anything people often claim QTEs are without, skill.

Network Hub
    The skill in firing from afar comes from actually exploring and sneaking the enviromment and find a good point to shoot(there is also the timing,wich Danny Trejo is fighting his lucha libre), there can be other points to consider though. Or you can just ignore the elephant in the room and say like the others that the QTE is a valid course of action, nevermind that its just a cutscene where you push a button...

*Kadayi increasingly thinks this forum requires spoiler tags*

Seriously the game came out yesterday....have some sense.

Probable Replicant

Network Hub
    I know mang. That scene ruined the game for me, i mean, what a twist, 47 kills a dude i would never know this was possible...

Obscure Node

Andy decides to require a large

You found him and control him.

For all intensive functions and, as open among the ultimate scene, Bill looks The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 1 to possess lost his mind and once having crazy mind-bending ridden with professional dancer (Valentina Cervi) he betrays Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) United Nations agency has been creating an effort The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 2 his highest to escape. this can be a pleasing twist for Bill United Nations agency has regularly management the moral standing but presently looks to possess as long as duty to Eric.Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) appearance to possess place The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 3 the Mexican voodoo/dead boyfriend/possessed by a blue smurf demon issue behind him and is presently hold his new role as a medium in conjunction with his own vogue and delicacy. Here we've got a bent to visualize The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 4 three stories merging as (Anna Paquin) discovers that ex-Sheriff Dearborne (William Sanderson) discovered her parent’s bodies and once questioning him she is promptly abducted.

Back at the station protector Andy (Chris Bauer) and imaginary creature The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 5ascertain that Dearborne is none except for the ‘Dragon’ UN agency’s been leading a bunch of rubber mask carrying killers UN agency target supernatural people. With Luna’s (Janina Gavankar) The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 6 psychological state over for the time being she and guided missile (Sam Trammell) nearly develop into into|grow to be|transform|change into} flies on the wall to listen in on police business and head bent on The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 6 actual their own revenge on the ‘Dragon’ and his followers. All three storylines converge on a farm where and Hoyt (Jim Parrack) unit being management and preparing to be fed to pigs by Dearborne. Last week I guessed that Dearborne was the Dragon but apparently i accustomed be slightly off as a result of it looks that his mistress(?), Sweety (yup, that’s her name) is actually the leader of the killers. Sweety holds a The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 6 feud against all supernatural beings as her husband left her for a typeThat night, they catch the skeletons of thrush and her baby. Israelite hands LafayetteMavis the baby and tells her, "It's time. You found him and control him.

however currently i would like my Lafayette back." He puts his hand on LafayetteMavis' The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 6 shoulder, and LafayetteMavis turns golden, and thrush and her baby rise out of him. everybody will see this. "Thank you for everything," thrush tells Lafayette, cradling the now-living baby. The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 6 "You got it ," Lafayette says. As she starts singing to the baby, they disappear.At the site, Emma is chasing when bunnies, and surface-to-air missile continues to be the most effective lover UN agency Ever Lived by turning himself into a bunny for Emma to pat. Later, when Luna puts Emma to sleep, she crawls into Sam's tent and that they begin cuddling. The fucking is intercut with the scene of Tommy, skinwalking as surface-to-air missile, manifestation at Marcus's place. once Marcus tells him to go away Luna alone, TommySam tells him he hasn't even touched Luna, however his brother has Watch Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2 Online each that means. "He told Maine she was sweet, too," he says, encouragement Marcus into offensive him, which he, and also the remainder of the Weres (except Alcide) do. Alcide tries to prevent the beating. once one in all the Weres offers a y, broken TommySam an honest kick, he turns into Tommy. Marcus is shocked. Alcide grabs Tommy and walks out.
    Last edited by Akalji; 21-11-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf View Post
    I know mang. That scene ruined the game for me, i mean, what a twist, 47 kills a dude i would never know this was possible...
    Have some respect for the rest of the people who come to this thread and might not want the game spoiled. It's not difficult to edit your posts, but still feel free to be a prick about it....

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Again, and this is the last I'll mention it, and I haven't played the game and I wont refer to what happened, but dnf, your issue with this event, is that there is the mere option to perform a QTE instead of an alternative method of carrying out the event? And you are annoyed by the mere option of this QTE? Not that you are forced to perform a QTE, but that it is there?

Network Hub
    If you read three reviews and two of them love it while one of them hates it, you still have to make your own judgement on which of those reviews you trust the most, and who you think articulated their points the best. I already know that I think Adam is a good reviewer, and I thought he got his points across well. I could go hunting for 10 more reviews from random blogs on the internet but what's the point? All it does is add noise, it doesn't actually clarify anything. If all you're going to do is go hunting for a wide spectrum of reviews, then you might as well just look at the user scores for games on metacritic and base all your purchases on that number.

Hitman is actually a good example, because a few other reviewers I trust think it's a solid game, but they like it for reasons that go against what I want from a Hitman game. So it still comes back to Adam perfectly articulating what he doesn't like about Absolution, and me realising that describes my fears about the game. At that point I'm perfectly happy to hold off buying it based on Adam's review. It doesn't mean he's the messiah, it means he's an intelligent writer that has done enough on RPS for me to trust his judgement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

It's definitely not the only way, but obviously I don't want to spoil any more.

And, the taking off the mask thing, well I don't want to say it's fine, but in the context of the story it does manage to seem a lot less bad than it does by just watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    If you read three reviews and two of them love it while one of them hates it, you still have to make your own judgement on which of those reviews you trust the most, and who you think articulated their points the best. I already know that I think Adam is a good reviewer, and I thought he got his points across well. I could go hunting for 10 more reviews from random blogs on the internet but what's the point? All it does is add noise, it doesn't actually clarify anything. If all you're going to do is go hunting for a wide spectrum of reviews, then you might as well just look at the user scores for games on metacritic and base all your purchases on that number.

Hitman is actually a good example, because a few other reviewers I trust think it's a solid game, but they like it for reasons that go against what I want from a Hitman game. So it still comes back to Adam perfectly articulating what he doesn't like about Absolution, and me realising that describes my fears about the game. At that point I'm perfectly happy to hold off buying it based on Adam's review. It doesn't mean he's the messiah, it means he's an intelligent writer that has done enough on RPS for me to trust his judgement.
    Random blogs? There's this quite neat site out there called metacritic....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    If you read three reviews and two of them love it while one of them hates it, you still have to make your own judgement on which of those reviews you trust the most, and who you think articulated their points the best.
    It's not just articulating well, it's about the reasons they loved and hated the game. If I read a review of something that gives it a 9 and goes on and on about the brilliant emergent gameplay, I won't be that interested as that's not an element of games that interests me. On the other hand if a game gets a 6 and the reviewer focuses on the awful writing then I won't buy it as that'd bother me.

There have been times where I've read an 8 or 9 review of a game and it's put me off, because a couple of what the reviewer calls 'minor' flaws are deal-breakers for me.

It's about content, not the score. Read enough reviews and you'll have a good idea if you'll like the game or not, regardless of the metacritic average.

Network Hub
    So, RevStu did an interview over MSN with Lauren Wainwright to get her side of things/viewpoint. He made clear that he would print the exchange unedited.

Ms Wainwright then decides after conducting the interview that she doesn't want RevStu to publish it. She then starts lying on twitter again saying it was just a chat and not an interview etc etc, to which RevStu reminds her of ""What I propose is that I ask a few simple questions, you answer, and I print the entire exchange unedited."".

That girl is decidedly simple.