Gratuitous Profanity

Gratuitous Profanity

Download: http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/4092

Code
    : Me
    Voices: Evan Balster (@celluloseman)
    Art: PANPOMMA

Gratuitous Profanity is a very short, semi-musical, spoken word shoot-em-up where:
    1) Every sound effect has been replaced by the word "fuck" and
    2) You are scored based on the number of "fuck"s heard before the end of the game.

Why? Because there is a Guinness World Record for most "fuck"s in a videogame*. And I found that to be quite silly.

The game's currently a self-contained, barely-polished single level affair -- three waves and a boss -- but I believe there's still room to expand this concept, either with more enemy behaviors or as a new game in a different genre.

I also recorded a spoiler-heavy video full of NSFW language that ends seconds after the boss arrives on screen, as any modern AAA PC game demo must:

*Apologies for the Kotaku link. The RPS crew never reported on this heavy-hitting story.
    Last edited by Noyb; 11-10-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: mentioned the video contains NSFW language

Obscure Node
    So... does this mean that you now hold the record?

In my heart I do, though I haven't actually bothered to approach Guinness. I imagine if they even responded there would be some debate about how each instance of the word would need to be uniquely recorded or part of a script or found in a commercial game or some such mainstream waffling. That is, I don't expect much rigor from a publication that counts among its records: "First Game in the Core Battlefield Series to Feature a Single-Player Campaign."

Well, you win in my heart. That video is the best thing ever, especially the long "fuuuuuuck" when you die.

Aw man. That'll be why Roy Castle and Norris McWhirter aren't answering their phones nowadays - I've been trying to get a CBeebies version of Record Breakers on the air for days.

This is so awesome.

Fuck... Fuck... Fuck! Fuck! Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Network Hub
    This is the first time I've known of such a silly game concept. I like it though. Very unique for me, so far.

Now I finally grasp its labeling concept. Hope it'd officially override Mafia 2's record in Guinness soon. I should recommend this game to my wicked friends. I'm pretty sure they'll love this.