Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tomeoftom View Post
    Oh, ok - fair enough. They're both legitimate.
    I get your point, though.

Although I must stress that none of the tweaks I've seen really mess with the art style, they just make colors stand out more and increase the detail of the textures. In a way, you could argue that they enhance the artistical qualities of the game! :) The quality of your monitor (contrast factor) probably is a huge factor as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure jagged edges on highlighted objects (most notably: doors) aren't there because they were placed from an artistic viewpoint: that's just bad anti-aliasing.

The colour balance in this game is mixed at best. With the brightness configured per the instructions within the game itself I couldn't even see the tumblers on the safe in the tutorial safecracking exercise, let alone the whiskey rack behind it. It was several awkward minutes before I decided to up the brightness so I could find the 'oh so obvious' code itself. I had originally intended to leave everything quite dark and turn off the hud elements, but after the third time I bungled into a scripted section of a mission without having prepared properly I changed my mind.

For AA, once I set the game to use FXAA I've only ever noticed jagged lines on a few flags set against very bright backdrops. But maybe that's my terrible eyes.

Strangely enough I am having more trouble with telling characters apart, even with a more reasonable level of brightness. Something about the sculpted clay stylisation, I think.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    The colour balance in this game is mixed at best. With the brightness configured per the instructions within the game itself I couldn't even see the tumblers on the safe in the tutorial safecracking exercise, let alone the whiskey rack behind it.
    Agreed. They should add a "gamma" slider, since that's what's really lacking.