"Distance" - The new game from the developers of "Nitronic Rush"
Hello RPS forum,
Three of the devs behind the free, multi-award winning DigiPen racing game Nitronic Rush recently put up a Kickstarter for their new game Distance. Distance will be a spiritual successor to aforementioned Nitronic Rush.
They hope to raise 125,000 USD and are currently sitting at 19,927 USD with 30 days to go. Lowest pledge is 15 USD which nets you beta access, the released game on Mac/PC and your name in the credits.
I loved Nitronic Rush and I sincerely hope that their project succeeds, which is why I instantly backed them with 50 USD. If you enjoyed Nitronic Rush, please consider backing the project and/or spreading the word about it.
Thanks! (more info below)
Kickstarter Page (including early gameplay footage): http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...n-arcade-racer
Developers website: http://www.refractstudios.com/press/
Steam Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...05&searchtext=
- "Distance is a PC/Mac survival racing game that combines the intense action of arcade racing with the exploration of an atmospheric world. You control a unique car that allows you to boost, jump, rotate, and even fly through a chaotic and twisted city. The world has a mysterious history, and as you explore you'll be able to uncover pieces of its past."
- New features:
- Multiplayer: LAN and Online play (Classic Race mode, Tag, Capture The Flag, Stunt mode, and many others)
- Level editor and modding tools
- Exploration: You're able to explore the city to find hidden paths, as well as find secrets that reveal the city's past.
- Updated visuals and atmosphere: The game is now being developed in Unity (as compared to creating Nitronic Rush entirely from scratch).
- New dynamic soundtrack
- Released on PC and Mac (with possible Linux support once Unity4 is released).
- Cliff Bleszinski features in their Kickstarter video.
- If you haven't played Nitronic Rush I highly recommend it, even if you've never played a racing game before (like me). It's free. Get it at http://nitronic-rush.com/download-game/
Loved Nitronic Rush. Backing this.
Has there been any word on when we might expect the Beta to show up? Eager as hell to get to try it out!
I'm not entirely sure, but one of the Kickstarter rewards (85$ and more) is to get access to the Alpha. The estimated delivery date for the reward tiers that include Alpha access is May 2013, the delivery date for the tiers that only include Beta access is August 2013.
Judging from that I think they expect to release an Alpha version around May 2013 and the Beta August 2013.
(Typing this, I just realized how long that is... I want that game NOW)
Last edited by Koshiir; 18-10-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Whaaaat I thought the game was getting released August 2013. Oh man. Only Beta by then? That's a long time away for the full release then.
Welp, guess it's a good thing they're not rushing it at least. :/
I like racing games but haven't played Nitronic Rush, yet. Only EA's Need for Speed series. So, I'd better look up to this one. For now, I'll take Koshiir's recommendation and give Nitronic Rush a try. If I'd love it, then I might as well consider backing Distance, later on.
Anyway, August 2013 is still far-off, and that would be for a BETA release right?no rush,
After you've played it, tell me wot you think about it. I'd be interested to hear your opinion.
Originally Posted by harhis23
Tags for this Thread