Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

[VS] Your glorious leader is taking TVA command on Friday. Be there.

As you may know; Fridays are 'The Vanu accord' nights.

(The Vanu Accord is the alliance we are core members of).

I've signed myself up for command duty this Friday. For those of you that remember PS1 (or very early PS2 days) I will be doing what I call 'pulling an enrico'

What this basically means is that my job will be information sharing, not a voice from up-high hierarchy.

So be there. I want a good RPS turnout, working at our best. (This means good PLs and good SLs wanting to run more StratGir-y stuff are explicitly invited to come in and throw their weight behind getting us in shape on Friday night)

I do not mind whether we use TVA teamspeak or Mumble. But make a decision either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Alright, should be fun! I'll try to make an appearance! Possibly leading in some capacity.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I shall try to be there at some point in the evening.

For convenience I'd say Mumble.

Activated Node
    ill be there, if only to see what an 'enrico' is

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    It's been a long time since we had one, I recon it's time to call for a hunt!

TS would be preferable but if we doing things Tac Gir then split comms will be easier on mumble. Mumble it is! I have decided.
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Can't make it, much sads.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I'd like to lead a TacGir squad in this platoon. CCEU comms would be great (less hassle for me).

We need two more squad leader volunteers and one platoon leader. Who would like to SL? Who can take the position as PL?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    If I can make it, I can take PL. And I want in on the TacGir goodness! Agree that the CCEU comms work well enough.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'd like to participate though that'll depend on real life stuff. If I'm there I want in on LaKroy's squad (or flying with a group).
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Aye, would very much like to be in on the tacgir squad there!
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

I'd love to be in a tacgir squad too.

(Also, what's the difference between CCEU comms and normal comms exactly?)

I'll definitely be there for this. It's a bit of a relief to see that it's finally getting a bit more weight thrown behind it.

Yeah i'd quite like to SL a TacGir squad, but can probably PL if Eso cant make it and the situation gets desperate.

PL: StatGir orientated. (Lots of focus, lots of teamwork, lots of fun.)

Based on feedback, two things i'll focus on if i end up as PL.

1. Make it a priority to get into the best fights available, avoid ghost caps and try not to spread the platoon to thin across the map.
    2. To clarify relevant tactical information and keep the platoon in the loop, achieved by regular broadcasts about how our allies are doing and how we are effecting the large scale situation.

----

SL: TacGir squad.

What to expect...

A high tempo, quick response, highly adaptable group of 12. Focus on cohesion and class based teamwork.

----

Also, if LaKroy was willing to do this? - I'd like to put a bit of emphasis on coordination/cooperation with LaKroys squad (if ok with the PL) - to elaborate a bit; i'm talking about high levels of communication (get those binds fixed LaKroy! :P), each squad grouping up and separately moving toward an objective, suppress and flank maneuvers, pincer movements, hammer and anvil tactics and just generally trying to get to the stage where the two separate squads are working as a cohesive unit, like pistons in an engine, complimenting and supporting each other.

For this to work it is essential that there is exceptionally good communication between the SLs. Successfully achieving this sort of stuff in hex's where you're outnumbered 2-1 means you need to coordinate really closely. This would mean both comms discipline and slightly autonomous and again cohesive behavior from the squads whilst the next step is chosen. Lots of sticking together. Lots of teamwork. Not only can we achieve this but i think we can have a hell of a lot of fun doing so, if people want to of course?

----

Also finally, as it's the last Friday of the month i assume that it will be another Miller Alliance Clash = TVA vs TRAC vs NCTO, this of course means lots and lots and lots of organised enemies to enlighten with lasers. Cooper has stepped up to Enrico this which of course means that RPS will be in somewhat of a spotlight, so i feel it's only right that we put in a bit of a shift here. It would be nice to finally put the last few naysayers in their place and extinguish the misconceptions of who we are and what we do. The monthly MAC being the perfect arena to do so.

Also, potentially, one or two of the usual alliance commanders cant attend this, which means that one of the more prominent outfits will perhaps be lead by a deputy. Whether or not this will effect their performance or efficiency is unknown, but the point i'm trying to make is that there may be a slight RPS shaped void to fill and we can pick up the gauntlet here, if we want it.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 27-02-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

I'm at a LAN at that time. There will be internet, but it'll probably be laggy. I'll try to be there, but no guarantees.

I'm happy to lead a tacgir infantry squad for this little shindig
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Also, what's the difference between CCEU comms and normal comms exactly?
    In CCEU comms there is only one cross-squad communication bind and it goes to everyone. This allows 100% immediate coordination between the squads. It's also the only bind I have that works (my Mumble is bugged to a ridiculous degree).

What exact setup is required for this one?
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    If I am right, 1 additional keybind that shouts to parent and all linked channels. That should do the trick.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I thought I'd miss this, but thanks to shockingly bad cinema times - I should be there .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    If I am right, 1 additional keybind that shouts to parent and all linked channels. That should do the trick.
    Negative. One keybind that shouts to current and linked. This is the same as the sit rep bind for normal (direct) comms (so anyone who is already set up needs do nothing extra) Please don't create binds to parent plus subs as this cause disruption in the standard direct com's system.