Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

The Rock Planet Side steam group

Hello folks!

I just wanted to let you know that I've arranged for us to get full control over the Rock Planet Side Steam group, which was created for the RPS PS2 community by valued member Coccyx back in beta. It's been sadly underused for the last year or so, but we now have a few more people able to schedule events, make announcements etc. which should be good.

On the VS side, Cooper and I are group officers, I'll go about promoting the other Sexiest Giraffes as well, so we can all post the announcements for any larger patches/additions or big events.

NC friends, do you want someone promoted to group officer to do the same for your events? (I've taken the liberty of scheduling a Freedom Friday event for this week, but am unsure of the starting time. Let me know if it needs to change!)

My intention is to keep the spam level low. Announcements only of major patches that may interest players who have been out of the game for a while, scheduling of our two weekly ops nights (StatGir + Freedom Friday) and our CCUE matches and training scrims. Point of discussion: should we include the CCEU training sessions? On the one hand, it'd be a good reminder and an indication that we're still alive and healthy to those 600 members who don't play anymore but might come back if enticed. On the other hand, it's a bit more spam, and might put some people off, making them leave the group instead.

Thoughts?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

That explains the event notification last night! Thanks for taking the time to sort this Eso, in between the steam announcement and some chat in Minecraft, I was sucked back in for what was an enjoyable couple of hours last night.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Cheers! I did see a couple of faces that hadn't been around for a good deal of time (Wibbster!!), and if that is in any small part due to the Steam event, then I'll take that as a good thing!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In regards to the issue of spaming, I don't think it'll be a problem. Closing a steam notification only takes a second or two and I don't think they pop up if you're in fullscreen, e.g. playing or watching something. So I say have announcements for CCEU trainings as well. It's good PR (and can be a helpful reminder for people to update the PTS client as well).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

RTRS already have a separate steam group but someone might want to join this one I guess. I don't make the decisions though...

Network Hub
    I had no idea the steam group existed. Sounds like a good idea!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Thoughts?
    You could schedule an S4T event on there so more people will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    You could schedule an S4T event on there so more people will see it.
    Done, done, tenchar...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Done, done, tenchar...
    And a second one has just been announced