• New Conglomerate

9 32.14%
  • Terran Republic

6 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Planetside 2: Americas Contingent

UPDATE:

The American outfit is now called Rock, Planet, Scythe! We'll be playing on Connery (US-West) as Vanu Sovereignty. Once we get settled, a doodle will be posted and we'll figure out a couple of good weekly match times (I'm thinking at least one on the weekend, so Brits can join in if they so desire!).

The steam group is located HERE. (remember that you need to be logged in to join.) This is shared with the other outfits, but I'll be making a thread to add characters there and coordinate a time, as well as cross-posted here.

Our scrimmage time is Sunday, starting at 5:30PM PST/8:30PM EST, ending when we burn out.

The outfit currently isn't searchable in-game; to be added, friend one of the following people and send a message when we're on, and we'll invite you:

Aerothorn
    Herkimer
    LordoftheHills
    ADB
    Gaazmodo
    Concreteotter
    fancifulnotion
    Last edited by Aerothorn; 15-12-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Activated Node
    Bump -- any likeminded Murrkins feel like creating one of those outfit things? I'm Grumpyguts (Vanu) on the US West server, though don't have any particular emotional tie either to the server or the empire.

Activated Node
    Should we start something up when release comes about, might be more interest at that point? This game is always more fun to play with others, even if it just 3 or so people.

I would love to play with more people. I play on US West.

Purple - Warlockkaal
    Red- Reddjack
    Blue-DoctorJackson

I'd be up for a night set aside for us Americans. I only have about two hours of play time so far so I can reroll pretty easily, though I'm still trying to figure out exactly how things work.

Sorry for seeming abandonment - thread was getting no hits before yesterday. Glad it is now.

I also play on US West as Vanu (character: Seltova) and while flexible would like to continue as Vanu if possible.

But yeah - keep an eye here, come launch and new server names I'll post details and we can get this rolling.

Obscure Node
    Sorry for the duplicate thread Aerothorn, lets keep using this one. I'm down, once the 20th rolls around.

char name: mixmastermeat

-Aidan

Edit: another vote for Vanu. I'm surprised that most RPSers wouldn't choose the same, ideologically.

Smedley says that they'll be announcing final server names/locations today. Will update this when that happens.

I'm interested. I'll be on a US (west) server as LeoNitro when the game launches on the 20th. I'd prefer VS, or alternately TR.

Okay guys - limited response so far, so let's start on Connery (US West - though as I said, servers are all in Nevada AFAIK, so should be same ping for east-coasters!) as Vanu. If we want offshoots later we can do it.

Forgot to pre-reserve my name, so I'll let you know once I can see if it's available. I've also set up a steam group for us:

www.steamcommunity.com/groups/rps-americas.

It will be filled out (and this thread relaunched) once the game rolls out.

Also - if anyone has any brilliant outfit names, share them here!

Rock, Paper, Blaster
    Rock, Plasma, Shotgun
    Are the two ideas that come to mind for me

Count me in. Vanu is laaaaaame though. NC 4lyfe. LordoftheHills is my name.

Activated Node
    I'll be around this evening as Herkimer. I'm alone with my daughter until bedtime, though, so probably won't be until later (oh, and also need to download the client, ofc). Look forward to seeing y'all there.

Also: Lordofthehills -- I wouldn't mind rolling an NC dude on one of the other servers for fun times when the Vanu stuff isn't happening. I like both empires about equally.
    Last edited by Herkimer; 20-11-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hi all, I would love to be a part of the Americas crew as well! My name will be Sebmono, how do I join the Steam group?

And are we still going as Vanu? I would love to be NC (sorry didn't get to vote in the poll fast enough)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebmono View Post
    Hi all, I would love to be a part of the Americas crew as well! My name will be Sebmono, how do I join the Steam group?

And are we still going as Vanu? I would love to be NC (sorry didn't get to vote in the poll fast enough)!!!
    You should be able to just click join on the link.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rps-americas

Obscure Node
    Oh thanks, got it! Wasn't logged in....

I ended up making an NC character on Connery. The name is LordoftheHills.

I made a Vanu character (Lazir) for great Americas glory. Also joined the steam group and posted relevant information there. Also are we going off of Nevada time then? Cause I'm more east and I want to make sure I'm getting the right times.

Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    I made a Vanu character (Lazir) for great Americas glory. Also joined the steam group and posted relevant information there. Also are we going off of Nevada time then? Cause I'm more east and I want to make sure I'm getting the right times.
    Uh....if I had been thinking properly I would have marked the timezone on that doodle. Will update it! Nevada time sounds good.