6 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    G band frag spam?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    G band frag spam?
    see, like... I don't even know what that means.

but I bet it's not good.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Grenade bandolier frag grenade spam. Maxed out grenade bandolier gives you four grenades instead of one. Good fun in a biolab... if you're the one with the bandolier.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Why, thank you. I truly appreciate your explanation.
    Even though I barely comprehended it.

See, this is why I shy away from joining a real outfit (especially a large, busy one.) And why I was hoping this Connery outfit was still operating. It seemed quite small and simple.
    Every time I've made an effort to actually learn how to build one of my character's classes, or understand how to read the maps, or follow the flux of changes the game constantly makes, I end up completely overwhelmed.
    As a result, I have pretty much only played engineer. (Though, I do rather like shadowing a big strong max around and keeping him/her healthy and fed batteries.) I also tend to plant myself in (what I consider to be) strategic spots and just spot stuff. I love spotting stuff.
    But enough about me and my zerg ways, I know you lot are busy enough right now trying to dominate the world so good luck with that and may Vanu bless and keep you.
    Over and out.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

I think you and I might be in a similar position. I found the game really overwhelming, and most of what I learned was from a few tutorial videos explaining things and just good old fiddling around with it (I also always like to look at the keybindings in games because you can always find out what abilities/moves you have). For the most part I do my best to tag along with my medic gun. It gets really confusing when you have so many people shouting out different things, so I usually just look at the map to see where my squad leader is and follow them..or some random person and just stick with them until we both die! And don't worry about not being good..I think my K/D ratio is something like "You've been shot 150 times/you were lucky enough to get a kill 4 times." I rarely bother pulling out my actual gun because 1. I know I'm more squishy than 90% of the people shooting at me, and 2. With my lag I'll probably not hit them anyway.

So kind of like you, my enjoyment comes more from running around behind everybody trying to heal and if I get killed in the process, hopefully I've rescued enough of our people to make it worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Hit detection is client side, so you'll hit them if it shows up as a hit on your screen regardless of their actual position.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    I rarely bother pulling out my actual gun because 1. I know I'm more squishy than 90% of the people shooting at me, and 2. With my lag I'll probably not hit them anyway..
    I hardly ever use my weapon, either.. Mainly because I tend to shoot my own people outa panic or impairment.
    In fact, I've noticed that I seem to be more aggressive when I have my tool, and not my gun, in my hand.
    Of course, on the flip side, there's always that blunder of trying to repair-to-death an enemy.. which can be pretty goddamn humiliating.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by moms View Post
    Of course, on the flip side, there's always that blunder of trying to repair-to-death an enemy.. which can be pretty goddamn humiliating.
    And hilarious, you forgot hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    And hilarious, you forgot hilarious
    Well, if by hilarious you mean that my killer(s) die laughing and I get the kill point, then yes.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

I'm BR86 and I have rocketed I still rocket my own tank instead of repairing it because i forgot im a heavy not an engineer. Good times
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    I'm BR86 and I have rocketed I still rocket my own tank instead of repairing it because i forgot im a heavy not an engineer. Good times
    I do similar but try to heal my tank since I'm a medic...

Network Hub
    First off - Support classes are very, very important. We all appreciate it.

Second off - Depending on precisely how bad your lag is, you might be OK. Since you delay when showing up on other people's clients, and they delay when showing up on yours, you have an advantage if you can pop out to shoot a target, then duck back in.

Third off - Game is overwhelming, and some nights we are shouty and not very helpful to new players (GET ON THAT SCU, HYPERCHARGE THE REVERSE NEUTRONS etc). If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you think it's not a good moment, then type something in Outfit chat. We're always happy to help.

Also, if we are being too noisy, people are allowed to ask us to keep it down.

Last off - Not that killing is everything by any means, but you'd be surprised by what a few small changes in playstyle can accomplish. The game has very short time to kill (especially on headshots), and most encounters take place within 40m or so. Watch how other people position themselves, train yourself to aim for the head, and stick with your squad. You'd be surprised how many kills Engy and Medic can rack up and still do their jobs.