[AAR] I44 20/10/12 - Heartbreaking story of a band of brothers.

Dynamic Campaign
    I'm sad to say that we didn't clear Balota again.. but don't worry high command has other towns that needs assaulting.

The Escape
    A great success on the ally side as the POW's were rescued.

Road Ambush x2
    Another mission made by Kale, needless to say we didn't complete it.

Jedburgh Ambush
    This is like the 11th version of the damn thing and we still couldn't do it..... (Kale y u no make easy missions :D )

And that was the conclusion of the official session, post your comments, screenshots, videos here or in there: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...namic-Campaign if you have suggestions I'll be happy to hear them.

Obscure Node
    teh escape was was some a-team shit, me kale , the POW and some other guy drove the fastest we could through enemy lines firing machine guns as we drove past.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefirz View Post
    Jedburgh Ambush
    This is like the 11th version of the damn thing and we still couldn't do it..... (Kale y u no make easy missions :D )
    We did actually manage to complete on the 06/10/12 session after the end of the official session, largely thanks to x25killa's affinity for destroying armoured vehicles single-handedly, but you had already left by that stage unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergra View Post
    teh escape was was some a-team shit, me kale , the POW and some other guy drove the fastest we could through enemy lines firing machine guns as we drove past.
    Yes, that was thrilling. My apologies to those we left behind (particularly ironic considering our objective for the mission :P).
    Last edited by kalelovil; 21-10-2012 at 01:35 PM.

The Escape: a.k.a "A-Team shit my arse..."

Member of the special operations rescue team. Insertion went well, the team successfully avoided detection and evaded two German halftracks and a Tiger tank patrol, "liberated" a pair of binoculars off of a German officer we took down in a timed execution of a patrol.

Assisted our commander X25killa in spotting and identifying targets within the P.O.W camp, when it came to taking down the guards it was agreed to do it stealthily, so I hung back and trained my sights on one of the towers containing a sniper. The sad part is the De Lisle Carbine... It is a terrible weapon in I44.

So our two members with MGs lit up the towers, raising the alarm. X25killa and myself proceeded to the main gate and engaged the flood of German troops exiting the camp with our .45 sidearms while the others blew a hole in the fence to the rear of the camp and exctracted the prisoners (Kefirz, JRides), X25killa and myself then started to pull back, I got knocked unconscious by a German stick grenade.

When I awoke I found myself left behind, proceeded to make my way to our extraction point alone, only to find a German Hetzer tank rolling my way... I dived to the ground and the Hetzer rolled past, inches from me. Snook past a couple of German patrols alerted by our previous activities only to find the rest of this so called "A-Team" had also abandoned one of the P.O.Ws (Kefirz) whom had by now acquired himself a German MP-40, so I proceeded to ecort this unfortunate fellow to the extraction point.

We came across another German patrol and took cover, unfortunately this patrol spotted us and we were forced to open fire, resulting in other patrols being drawn in... I made a snap executive decision and had Kefirz make a break for it, while I stayed behind and delayed the Germans.

I died doing my duty and safe in the knowledge Kefirz had escaped to safety!

Would play that one again.

Regards Hawk.
    Last edited by Hawk_Silk; 21-10-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Obscure Node
    yeah i would actually like to command the escape some time.