Link of the review: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...ampage-review/

Well, I think it's the first time that I've seen blatant advertising on RPS.

It's just logical to think that RPS have been promoting Hotline Miami to hell, and for some reason they need to bash on potential customers that will buy Hotline Miami instead of RCR.

In the Retro City Rampage there's no mention of the 10 years that took Brian Provinciano to finish that game. No mention of the technical achievement to fit SO MUCH CONTENT on just a couple megabytes. No mention of the BIT.TRIP and Meat Boy mini games included, that are awesome per se, and worth at least a buck each (yes, the minigames). Besides, the PC version is awesome considering that the game is also on Vita and other consoles: you can get plenty of filters (my, when I turned on that CGA filter...), windowed mode, borderless, etc.

Why Alec can't see that it's just a game without a story, a parody of itself? It feels like a Wario Ware Inc., but done much better. Is a casual game? Yeah, you can pick it up, finish a couple of missions then turn it off in 10 minutes. Or, you can try the challenges and tear your hair out, as with getting that perfect score on BIT.TRIP.

Whilst, as far as I can see, Hotline Miame IS pretty good, but it's just another tactical shooter, done in 2D. And that's all the gameplay it has. Enter a mission, shoot guys, get out. And that's it.

I might still get HM though, but all this advertising made me real sick.