Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar

Let's talk Dishonored

(For the sake of my british-taught spelling: Dishonoured.)

I don't know anything about it. Will it be shit? Will it be great? I don't even know the people behind it, apart from that dude who apparently did the Deus Ex noone wants to admit existed (which, by the way, is a bit of a shame because on it's own, it wasn't a BAD game at all).

But I know that I loved Arx Fatalis despite all the buggy bits, the unforgivable difficulty curve and the killing myself while trying to fry fish. Several times.

I liked Dark Messiah. I adored Deus Ex for the freedom of choices in each level and the setting.

So, I'm getting a good vibe of the design-minds behind Dishonored, but that's it.

And still I want the pre-order button now. Right now. Full price. Screw that, give me a collector's edition filled with things I'll never even unwrap.

And what about you?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I like Antonov's art, but the GI cover artwork looks too much like HL2. The people at Valve must be facepalming really hard right now.

Arkane means I'll preorder it.

There are times when a man must hope in something. This is one of those times.

Please Dishonoured, be great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Eh I'll wait until there is a bit more information before I say I want it, it does sound interesting with that Deus Exy feel to it, and the artwork of HL2 was fantastic so call me interested but give me some firmer details.

Whatever happened to that other Deus Ex-esque game that was on RPS a couple of months ago? Forgot the name.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    but the GI cover artwork looks too much like HL2.
    True, but it looks closer to the older concept art/WC Mappack version than the current iteration, back when the Combine were far more invasive and aggressive as opposed to the compartively less harmful Combine in the final game.

Deus Ex 0?

Network Hub
    I know I'm necro-ing a really old thread, but this is where this goes:

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Dishonored_Wiki

The gf and I, and another guy, have been collecting all the Dishonored info released thus far and dumping it here. One or two things are slightly speculatory, but roughly 98.6% of the info there has been verified in interviews, articles, videos, etc. Have a look. Then proceed to drool.

Please! All I want is a gameplay preview, Arkane! Just one goddamned preview, pleeeeeease!

Wow, I didn't know that much info even existed. Oh man, it has big shiny keys hanging off the backs of guards!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    If they do a UK copy called Dishonoured I will not only take the unusual step of pre-ordering but I would pay £10 more.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    If they do a UK copy called Dishonoured I will not only take the unusual step of pre-ordering but I would pay £10 more.
    Ya, it bothers me, too. It would be wonderful if they did use the UK spelling for Europe.

It would be the respectful thing to do, considering that it's set in pseudo-England.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Dunno if I'd go as far as respectful, it would just be funny and a bit of a wind up.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Dunno if I'd go as far as respectful, it would just be funny and a bit of a wind up.
    That was me being cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Please! All I want is a gameplay preview, Arkane! Just one goddamned preview, pleeeeeease!
    This would be welcome, too. This seems to be typical of Bethesda marketing people: show pretty pictures first, gameplay later.
    Last edited by Oof; 21-03-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Bethesda publishing doesn't really encourage me very much. The last two games I can think of that Beth published were Brink and Hunted, neither were fantastic, but at the same time that seems to be the fault of the developers - it's not link Brink was rushed out the door, they'd been working on it for years.

But, if they deliver everything they're promising Dishonoured will be a GOTY contender for sure.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

I'll just repeat what I said in one of the recent comment sections about Dishonoured.

It's looking great (albeit the HL2 vibes are incredibly in-your-face) but I'm being very cautious about the game, very careful. They've made it clear that their working on a number of influences from other games, be it Mirror's Edge, Bioshock, HL2, Thief, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Deus Ex, or god knows what else. It's going to be a tight rope act trying to give each "feature" the depth of the original game whilst trying to make it work with all these other ones. Else we'll be stuck with a game that has all these aspects but none of them really stand out as truly original- much like Spore and its stages.

Keeping my eye on it though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I really like the graphical quality of those screenshots. They look almost painterly. Smooth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Those screenshots remind me of Undying.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Those screenshots remind me of Undying.
    The art style is very different... What reminds you of it?

Probabaly because the protag shoots his guns left-handed?