Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Activated Node

Halo 4... Halo Series ever coming back to PC?

Just finished watching this pretty epic montage of Halo 4.....
    So I ask this question... Do you think the Halo series will ever come back to PC? :(

that's a Nev and an Er. Micro$hit ain't letting their consolebox title sell outside of it as if they're trying to keep it afloat.
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    that's a Nev and an Er. Micro$hit ain't letting their consolebox title sell outside of it as if they're trying to keep it afloat.

Only if they knew how much $ they could make from PC gamers from the Halo series :( They are slacking!

Banned
    I don't hate on Halo, but honestly, the first one was the best and it's readily available on the PC. Halo 2 was alltogether bad, and later titles seem to have moved too far away from the unique half-arcade half-popamole gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Micro$hit
    I think you missed several $ there.

It wouldn't be enough for them. You0ve got to think that every game on the xbox gives them a benefit, not to talk about the other services you can contract. Most games on PC don't give them a benefit, so it's better for them to encourage the use of the xbox.
    Also, I can't wait for diesel to post here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Nope, it'll never come back to PC, at least not in an ongoing series form and if it does ever get there it'll be in some bundle.

MS needs Halo as a console exclusive. Having it only on console encourages the following from consumers
    -Buying an Xbox, because you wan't to to play the game, you have to have the hardware.
    -Buying XBL gold membership, because you'll want to check out the online multiplayer.
    -Promoting sales of your other services through Xbox because every time you load that up you're going to see ads for everything from Netflix to avatar costumes.
    -Being able to heavily promote that this is the only place you can play this game.

Banned
    PC Gamers don't want Halo (except this one, but I'm a glorious master gamer)

They just want to be able to WAH WAH WAH and QQ about how average it is having never played it for more than five minutes at a friends house.

But hey, Kudos to Microsoft, I keep paying for their adverts service and replacing the POS hardware when it fails. But thats more on good will based on what they did with the original Xbox, than how they've treated the core audience this generation.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The way I see it, when a console company releases a game on PC, they get a lot more money tapping into a new demographic and everyone wins. The way they see it, 98% of PC users are pirates and releasing a game on that platform will not only bring in no profit from PC users, but dip into their Xbox 360 profits too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post

They just want to be able to WAH WAH WAH and QQ about how average it is having never played it for more than five minutes at a friends house.
    My little brother is a huge fan of the Halo series and insists I play co-op with him. When I say the series is shit (except for the first one which was pretty good), I do so from a comfortable position of experience. I'm certainly not going to trust a 14 year old's insistence that the story and characters are 'hellacool' over my own instincts.

I WAH WAH WAH and QQ about how bland it is after playing it on my XBox (which sits comfortably next to my Playstation). Yes, it's better co-op, but co-op everything is better, even Resident Evil 5. I honestly don't get the appeal of Halo. The promotion material always looks so awesome, but when I play the game it feels just torn by trying to be a gripping war hero story about the saviour of humanity, while you teabag whacky aliens. And I don't care that much for competitive multiplayer shooters on anything without a mouse (i.e. consoles).
    currently playing: XCOM: Enemy Within

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Lesser Hivemind Node

But hey, Kudos to Microsoft, I keep paying for their adverts service and replacing the POS hardware when it fails. But thats more on good will based on what they did with the original Xbox, than how they've treated the core audience this generation.
    The overwhelming irony of blaming people hating on the series by a lack of reference material, when only someone with no frame of reference for pc shooters would think the series is good, let alone special.

I finished the first halo several times in coop on all difficulties including legendary difficulty and also bought it on pc when halo CE was released for windows (which was total dogshit in mp since it used peer2peer , which back then was still considered unplayable, standards for pc gaming being much higher n all :D),
    I also played mp on xbox with the help of an early precursor to tunngle. (me and my friends ended up dissapointed when we tried that option since it was peer 2 peer and p2p is fucking worthless)

The first game had good music and nice AI for the time and nice vehicle physics , and for a console shooter it was way better than anything else and the sandboxy coop was nice.

But that was back in 2001 (when everything in the fps genre but timesplitters on consoles was just atrocious) ...and back when my pc was hopelessly outdated (486 2X:p) so I didn't exactly have much choice.

A friend bought halo 2 before I could, we played through half of the campaign and were both bored (both halo 1 fans back then), it was more of the same and a lot more boring.

Halo 3 came out on xbox 360, I bought a 360 with halo 3 based on the fun I had with the first game, again it was more of the same, with less of the charm and remixed music. BAD and a waste of money.

My 10 year younger brother (so he started with halo3 and halo 3 was fresh for him) also bought halo reach second hand eventually and that one was the same tired old dogshit as well. He played through most of the campaign before he got bored while I visited him, I spent that time on my psp after an hour of boredom in coop.
    He had no pc so he had no frame of reference.

So yeah, this is my experience with the series and my reason for finding it all tired old shit that is vastly inferior to pc shooters.
    Once I bought a new pc in 2003 I sold my xbox , absolutely no reason to play console shooters like halo or timesplitters when there was cs, ut, bf1942, rtcw and tribes.

What I'm getting to is to me halo and timesplitters and golden eye etc are like a can of old beans, they'll be servicable if you have nothing else to eat but noone with a full fridge of delicious foodstuffs is going 'man I really wish I could have some more old beans'. Unless all they've ever tasted is old beans... no frame of reference and all that.
    Sort of like how many american kids think salty third rate food like bacon is the most delicious thing there is.

PS the fov in that video makes me nauseous.
    Last edited by Finicky; 24-10-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Man, all this talk reminds me of when Halo was originally announced. Anyone remember that? A PC-only openworld FPS Sci-Fi epic based loosely on Ringworld. I was pretty stoked for it back then. I'm also reasonably unfussed whether it comes to the PC - I've played most of them on the X-Box and they leave me cold. Someone needs to go back and look at why Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were such epic games.

If they did it would probably be a Windows 8 exclusive which wouldn't fly 'round these parts.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRobin View Post
    Just finished watching this pretty epic montage of Halo 4.....
    So I ask this question... Do you think the Halo series will ever come back to PC? :(
    I think we are better off with one less linear manshoot.

Edit: From the spoilers flying around the internet,Halo 4's plot is shit anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I would love to see Halo back on the PC (I think it's pretty neat, at least it's better then most other shooters) but as MS does need every edge they need in competition to Sony and have pretty much abandoned the PC as a gaming plattform in the recent past I doubt this will ever happen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    I think the dev teams at Microsoft Studios backed the Xbox project so enthusiastically back in the late '90s out of the fatigue that comes with releasing PC titles. After all, the name xbox is derived from DirectX-Box, which is a good indication of the aspirations of the various dev teams that form Microsoft studios; PC game development without PC platform problems.

It's actually sad that so many talented game developers think this way. Their games will be lost in the ether unless they religiously preserve their source code for future remakes or a proper xbox/xbox 360 emulator is released 50 years from now.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

better question:

Why PC need Halo when we have Much better FPS games avaliable? i could careless. keep that shit away from PC...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel- View Post
    better question:

Why PC need Halo when we have Much better FPS games avaliable? i could careless. keep that shit away from PC...

"I don't like it and it wont affect me if it's on the same platform I play on, but I don't want other people to be able to enjoy it"

Halo doesn't need to be on PC, but I'm sure a lot of people would love it to be. I'd love it if the Gears of War series was on pc, it'd mean I could get rid of my 360 which sits around not being used unless I'm playing a gears game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I love halo but don't own a xbox yet so yeah , it would be great to have in on PC.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Correct me but Bungie left Microsoft right,and is not working on this game ?
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Correct me but Bungie left Microsoft right,and is not working on this game ?
    Yup, they have have multi-game contract with Activision now.